It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My G20 trip, Reflection Thread: READ!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+29 more 
posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
My trip at G20.

Well some of you requested a response essay, or a reflection of my visit to Pittsburgh. Here it is.

The first day: Wednesday, 9/23/2009

Overall, i did most of my walking on this day, getting a fill of what Pittsburgh was transforming into. my two friends and i were walking around the city scouting, getting a feel of whats in the city. we noticed that there were workers working around the clock, setting up their barricades around the convention center.(pic below of barricades.) I took a pic of this book, which i thought was funny being visible to people walking by (below.)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e5532c1678ec.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b0a4567df6fb.jpg[/atsimg]

this was the convention center fountain.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/97e3acea0b57.jpg[/atsimg]

I only photoed those. SS was all over the place. I remember seeing some snipers on the roofs nearby. (SECURITY WAS TIGHT AS HELL) i felt like i was being watched from every direction!!

this night didn't bring any kind of excitement, or any kind of adrenaline rush that day 2 provided. all i got from this long walk, was just a feel of how the city looked locked down...

Day2: Thursday, 9/24/2009

This was a a day to remember. the tear gas, the rubber bullets, sound weapons, and yes, the storm trooper brigade. this was a very sad day, the NWO revealed itself, using our own military against its citizens. This reaction by the police/military was uncalled for.

Constitutional rights that were violated!!!!

Freedom of assembly, and freedom of speech!

Pittsburgh Protest Promoters

As usual, network reporters couldn’t even place these fringe activists as "liberal," let alone far-left. On "The Early Show" on CBS, viewers could see wacky signs that read "No Bailouts, No Capitalism" and "No Borders, No Banks." But amazingly, reporter Susan Koeppen portrayed them as nonpartisan police...victims. "Protesters have been hit with a massive police presence," she announced. "During the day, police set off pepper spray, forcing marchers and the media to flee." Koeppen mentioned in passing that the protesters had no permit, but she let the leftists run down the cops. "There is no freedom of speech in this country, there is no right to assemble!," claimed one. "These are all rights that have been violated today!"

www.mrc.org...

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

en.wikipedia.org...

Regardless if it was not a permitted march or not, the response caused the so called rioting the MSM reported to the world. I was there, i saw this first hand.

We arrive at the park, a few hundred were already there, about 1/3 of them were holding a camera.. it was around 1:30PM and the march was almost set to go. the media was there, CNN, and some local outlets. it was a little tame at first, but then the anarchists party showed up.

Youtube vid:

(i tried uploading this one but ATS only allows 50 MB.
)

the march is about to start, my friends and i are spread out, collecting images and video, meeting people, talking with the protesters, all of them which were nice people, looking to get their word out, and have themselves heard. it made me happy that i saw so many young people there expressing themselves. even the anarchists there, they may have looked like hoodlums, but they were there to have their voices heard.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8398b4261eff.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c3778f6f378d.jpg[/atsimg]

It is about 2:00PM the march is about to start, and then we hear chanting. i grabbed my camera, and started filming. its Part one, day one in my thread. check my signature.

The march was going off without a hitch, we were walking down streets where police didn't lock down. there were chants from the crow n "out of the houses and into the streets, out of the houses and into the streets" people from their house windows were sticking their heads out, raising their fists, and some were even joining us!
(continued...)

[edit on 10/3/2009 by ugie1028]

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
files.abovetopsecret.com...

As you can see in my videos, i was walking down towards the weapons (at this point i had NO idea about this being a weapon, i thought it was just a very loud speaker for everyone to see
) i got my shots in, i tried to ask the police, what were they doing, no answers, just (get back, get back, NOW!) I walked back up the hill after this, about halfway back to the crowd, i filmed this.

(image too big for the thread, so click it)

this is when HELL broke loose at the event. i didn't see a reason WHY they used their weapons against us, a lot of people got mad. this is when i heard this young female scream out.

"There is no freedom of speech in this country, there is no right to assemble!," "These are all rights that have been violated today!"

Hearing this broke my heart, and i teared a little bit, im not sure if it was the tear gas, or it was the words of an oppression nation. these were the words of the people screaming out for help, when none arrived, there were the words of a very brave woman, one i regret not meeting, and shaking her hand to say thanks.

after this, the group was separated into small parts. i was in the front of the lines again, taking images, and chanting, getting pumped, and then i scream out to the crowd. "there's a line of police, they are trying to flank US!!! Just look down the hill, and across the lot!!!" one of the crowds scouts on a bike turned his head and said "I THINK YOUR RIGHT! WE SHOULD Get across this LOT now before they can regroup!." I walk across this lot, half the group follows me, as run across the lot. the anarchist group moved the fence, locking in half the police, and the other half of the group with them.

about 1 min later... this happened, the remaining people trying to run across the lot were caged in.

(image my buddy got shot in the head for)

this is when they started using their weapons, and i inevitably get hit with a rubber bullet on my thigh, and my buddy Nile was shot in the back of his head.

and this closes my story...

we were all too shook to stay there, we licked our wounds, and came back home...

I caught this while running away

This is the best i could convey my thoughts on the situation. im still a noob at this reporting thing

Please feel free to ask questions, and stuff.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
wow, so yea, this was my day...

I feel betrayed, i feel disgusted, i feel what everyone should feel who went through this.

i witnessed police open fire on innocent protesters, saw their rights get violated, saw our own GOVERNMENTS tyranny...

This was a sad day...

a day that our rights have truly died...

If you cant see that from this, then you are blind.

for those who do.... when and what will it take for you all to rise up in one voice, I HAVE HAD ENOUGH, I WILL NO LONGER BE CONTROLLED, I WILL NO LONGER BE SILENCED!?

BTW, did any of you know Luke from (we are change) was arrested that Friday, and beaten buck naked while locked up?

I cant find the link, but in America, we call this tyrannical! WHY ARE WE LETTING THEM GET AWAY WITH THIS UNLAWFUL ACTION!?

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
IMAGES!

s306.photobucket.com...

VIDEO:

www.youtube.com...

These are links to the video, and pictures in full.

this image was from the ACLU. i scanned it, and uploaded it. Just give you a feel what was going to happen.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

Excellent work here, ugie.

Thanks for posting all of your pictures, firsthand accounts, and videos!

Also glad you made it through without permanent damage, and no arrests, and your friends.

How did that rubber bullet feel? And your friend is ok?

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

thanks!

my friend is fine. my friend who was a neurologist (student) thought he may have hemorrhaging from the impact. it felt like a softball was under his skin! he is fine though, swelling went down in a few days, and he is now touring Europe and Asia!

the bullet that hit me, it was nothing compared to his, and the others who were hit... still hurt like hell though.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Good Work Ugie1028.

Not sure what else can be said though. You caught a prime example of the dead constitution and what happens when we do not stand up for our bill of rights...but then their are those that support limitations on freedom. Not me mind you but their are those...even on ATS that support atrocities like this.

That is the divide in this nation. You got on group of people that drank the kool-aid and the other that is getting shot by rubber bullets.

The first amendment is dead...those that oppose freespeech have no idea why the second amendment is their either....but I can tell you they fear it...hence all the gun legislation.

The US is going down a very dark very bad road...and I feel it will not turn around. Not while their are those that support evils like freespeech zones and Lrads against protesters.

Be safe man.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by titorite
Good Work Ugie1028.

Not sure what else can be said though. You caught a prime example of the dead constitution and what happens when we do not stand up for our bill of rights...but then their are those that support limitations on freedom. Not me mind you but their are those...even on ATS that support atrocities like this.

That is the divide in this nation. You got on group of people that drank the kool-aid and the other that is getting shot by rubber bullets.

The first amendment is dead...those that oppose free speech have no idea why the second amendment is their either....but I can tell you they fear it...hence all the gun legislation.

The US is going down a very dark very bad road...and I feel it will not turn around. Not while their are those that support evils like free speech zones and Lrads against protesters.

Be safe man.

thanks man!

this is probably the most evident evidence of our current rights being stripped away.

wake up and smell the coffee America! the rights our forefathers have fought and died for are being denied outright!

They are rolling in their graves.

those of you WHO SUPPORT this atrocity, you should be ashamed of yourselves. what happened in Pittsburgh last week will go down in history as the final step in the NWO takeover of america.

there have been warning, but you called them (conspiracy theories) you have been told this was preventable, but you didn't get off your couch to do anything.

there are still warnings out there, but yet, it still falls on deaf ears while the informed, are called nut-jobs.

am i A nut job? (probably for staring down those riffles.) no, im not, i am a concerned American who loves this country, and its promoted freedoms, while the ignorant and uninformed follow their MSN without question instead of doing independent research on their own.

this is the line in the sand, you are either with the corporate elite, or for the people, who will you side with? (question to everyone)

what im afraid of, is the people understanding this... when its too late.

They even attack college kids... still children through most eyes.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Thank you for the report. I think this sort of thing usually is underreported, and we end up with even knowledgeable citizens being uninformed and then squawking about those rowdy protesters who deserved x, y, and z. My internet is lagging too much for me to sit and watch the videos at the moment, but I got the main points from your narrative.

I believe the RNC (and maybe DNC, but I know less about it) '08 was a test run for these kind of violations. I have been observing the apparent strategies they are using to attack protesters without cause, to trap them, to single some of them out, and to wrongfully arrest as well.

Is Luke the one who was kidnapped in the car? People online suspected that was him. That is horrible what they did to him.
It reminds me of the torture of Elliot Hughes in the Ramsey County Jail during the RNC last year (which I'm not sure many people even heard about). They pick someone who is some kind of political threat to them, or who they have a grudge against for being vocal, and do things like this.

The trapping behavior happened also at the RNC. It seemed very deliberate to me, from what I saw, no doubt about that. This all seems like the new (or is it new?) standard way of operating.

I think people are suing over the RNC and I'm pretty sure most of the charges against protesters were dropped (I read about masses of charges being dropped because people really were randomly arrested and randomly assigned charges on the spot). I hope people continue to fight this stuff in court, but what disturbs me is it seems the PTB are not deterred right now and are making this sort of police behavior a rule.

[edit on 3-10-2009 by invernal]

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by invernal

no, i think it was this guy

Luke was arrested on friday evening.

Alex Jones reported on it.

here is the video of luke standing down the barrels of their guns, and schooling police. he was arrested after this.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
No, this dark-haired guy (who I think called himself Brandon) you link to was arrested right after the guy was thrown into the car.

So I guess it wasn't Luke who was kidnapped. Did anyone verify that the kidnapping was real? It sure looked real, though there was debate on that although maybe the "debate" was caused by disinfo trying to paint it as a hoax.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by invernal

kidnapping was real, my friend Nile was less then 20-30 feet from where it happened.

Nile Bowie Says: September 25th, 2009 at 8:28 am I was there shooting photography, I was less than 20 feet from both arrests, and they were 100% authentic! Second arrest victim: img.photobucket.com... Militarised Chaos: img.photobucket.com... img.photobucket.com... img.photobucket.com...

www.prisonplanet.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Watching this made me so mad and brought tears to my eyes. It makes me feel guilty just having a 9-5 job holding the system up. What we need is a boycott, we just need people to become aware but there will always be the stupid that make us lower our standards. Then there will be those who give in to human nature and feed from those at the lower level. It's a never ending cycle and it's our soft side that allows it to happen.

Bottom line is this: Once a person is worth the same free as they are a slave, then with luck freedom will be obtained.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Novise
Watching this made me so mad and brought tears to my eyes. It makes me feel guilty just having a 9-5 job holding the system up. What we need is a boycott, we just need people to become aware but there will always be the stupid that make us lower our standards. Then there will be those who give in to human nature and feed from those at the lower level. It's a never ending cycle and it's our soft side that allows it to happen.

Bottom line is this: Once a person is worth the same free as they are a slave, then with luck freedom will be obtained.

It brought tears to my eyes too,

it can be stopped dead in its tracks!

We need a new grass roots movement, we need to stop them at all costs. we, in America need to have a walk out day... a boycott so to speak, stop all production, stop all commerce, stop everything. STOP THEM FROM WITHIN is what i say. watch them suffocate, watch them panic, let them know we still outnumber them!

our worth will be known then.

WAKE UP, please... wake up.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
The thing is though is that it's really easy for everybody to just say that we need to stop it. But how? I ask. You can't just say you're going to stop something as huge as this and then wait for something to happen.

It's going to come down to two possibilities: Either there is a violent and very long period of revolt, or it is stopped before that can start. Now how can this be done? Well that's a good question that I have no definitive answer for but I do know it to be possible.

I suggest everyone get in touch with their inner self. The people we are against have no connection to the spiritual universe. That is why they are the enemies. They are completely disparaging towards common people because of their own inner evils. The truth is that people on a good path will have the upper hand in the end, only if we search deep inside and embrace our full capacity as conscious beings.

When wolves roamed the arctic and great planes for years they were forced to adapt to the conditions and predators threatening them. Because of doing this, they developed abilities that made them the supreme species in their entire environment.
Right now we are being threatened by massive forces that call for one very serious development on our part. We need to survive. And adaptations came into fruition because of species' need to survive. What will we need to change about ourselves? We will need to advance our consciousness to the next level, so we can leave our evil, slimy leaders in the dust.

Excuse me if this is off topic. But this is really all I have to say about the subject. G20, the New World Order, etc. Yeah, it's all horrible. We know that. But what are we going to do about it? That's a much more important thing to focus our energy on. Yeah, it's important to be educated on everything that's going on to insure our survival... but there's going to come a time when so much bull# is being flung at us at such speeds that we won't have time to educate and ponder on it. There will be only time for action.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Aren't there enough G-20 threads? Especially that consist of the same footage and material? Oh well.

Here's what happened in those two days:
-Peaceful protests took place
-"Anarchists" marched
-Then "Anarchists" vandalized
-Kids who wanted to have fun too destroyed property
-People who had no idea what to protest for or weren't aware the meaning of the Summit decided to get into the mix anyway
-Stanley Cup (enough said)
-Police did their job
-Police got over paranoid and their power trips took over their mind sets
-Police went out of control arresting and assaulting anyone/everyone
-Everyone's angry police got too rowdy
-More kids who weren't too sure what to do ran around vandalizing just because they could
-Obama was angry he didn't get pancakes
-Girl threw her bike at a cop and got arrested. Then complained about it.

It was a gross violation of human rights. But hell, it happens. At least it wasn't as bad as the summit in London or the Seattle riots in 1999 (thank goodness)

BTW---I already posted the students getting gassed video in a thread.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Along with MOST footage from the Summit
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 3-10-2009 by GorehoundLarry]

[edit on 3-10-2009 by GorehoundLarry]

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry
Aren't there enough G-20 threads? Especially that consist of the same footage and material? Oh well.

Here's what happened in those two days:
-Peaceful protests took place
-"Anarchists" marched
-Then "Anarchists" vandalized
-Kids who wanted to have fun too destroyed property
-People who had no idea what to protest for or weren't aware the meaning of the Summit decided to get into the mix anyway
-Stanley Cup (enough said)
-Police did their job
-Police got over paranoid and their power trips took over their mind sets
-Police went out of control arresting and assaulting anyone/everyone
-Everyone's angry police got too rowdy
-More kids who weren't too sure what to do ran around vandalizing just because they could
-Obama was angry he didn't get pancakes
-Girl threw her bike at a cop and got arrested. Then complained about it.

That's pretty much what happened

really, the anarchists were destroying property first?

i agree with the rest, but without police interference, vandalism wouldn't of taken place.

police shot first, vandalism was retaliation. (which i still condemn) but that was reaction, not action.

i was there, i saw what i saw.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

Pittsburgh just loves rioting and burning things.

However, I wish we wouldn't be so afraid of our police or government. Instead, we need to make them afraid of us. Maybe then things would get done or accomplished.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by GorehoundLarry

i agree, we shouldn't be afraid of them, but we are because of pre-set influence through the TV and fear mongering out there.

its just sad this happened.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Does any body know if somebody requested a permit for a protest and it was denioed? It is just a question, after seeing video after video the police telling everybody that they didn't have a permit.
The other question that comes to my mind is why the 9-12 march in Washington didn't get this messy? They are both fighting basically for the same thing. The sad part about all this is that I don't want anarchist representing me, my rights, or my beliefs and it seems that were aver they go it turns in to a mess and the real story is never see because nobody wants kids with their faces cover representing them.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join