It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

40 Free courses About the Human Body and so much more

page: 1

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
In survival situations it's most likely we will have to tend to our own wounds and deal with A variety of health issues. Here is an opportunity to learn. You can download the course materials on these and study on your own.

Learning about the human body is important if you want to work in health care or a medical-related field. Therapists, sports trainers and others can also benefit from an understanding of the human body. Happily, modern technology — in the form of the Internet — provides the tools necessary for nearly anyone to learn about anything through open courseware classes. It is possible for you to learn more about the human body, expanding your knowledge and becoming a better practitioner, from a number of schools. Here are 40 open courseware classes that can help broaden your knowledge base of how the human body works:

40 Free Open Courseware Classes About the Human Body

OpenCourseWare, or OCW, is a term applied to course materials created by universities and shared freely with the world via the internet.

Here is the Wiki on Open Courseware and the nature of this endeavor.
There is a nice variety of information to gleam upon in these courses that are well laid out.
Open Courseware

Academic Earth is a website launched March 24, 2009,which offers free online video lectures from universities such as UC Berkeley, UCLA, Harvard, MIT, Princeton, Stanford, and Yale in the subjects of Astronomy, Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Economics, Engineering, English, Entrepreneurship, History, Law, Mathematics, Medicine, Philosophy, Physics, Political Science, Psychology, and Religion.

Academic Earth Wiki
Academic Earth

Free university quality courses that are well laid out and with no pressure.

[edit on 3-10-2009 by The Utopian Penguin]

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by The Utopian Penguin

I think that this is a fantastic education to offer. The closest thing to you is your body, but most are ignorant of their own inner workings.

To be given the chance to learn for free, at your own pace, is something that one should seriously consider.

When something goes wrong with your vehicle, and you take it to a doctor for help, it would be nice to know how said vehicle works at the very least.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by tribewilder

So true TW.
I'm always finding new information regarding diet and health.
I hope your having as much fun as I am.
I went to the MIT OCW website and there is 1900 courses listed. LOL
Found A course on Radiative Transfer...
Saw one on archery.

I found another site that lists and categorizes OCW courses.
This one has 200 courses listed.
200 Free Online Classes to Learn Anything

[edit on 3-10-2009 by The Utopian Penguin]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Thanks for these excellent resources!

I'm going to delve into these a bit and hopefully use this info to help teach my kids in the future.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Thanks for the info!
But I think in this country we would rather be guinea pigs for doctors.
May be a good idea to understand your body and mind a tad, eh?

That way you know if the doctor is full of it or not.
Also makes it easier to spot the problem also.
Its all about profits, thats the problem.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by The Utopian Penguin

Just started vids, I love the idea, I can't speak for the content...yet...ty again!

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
wow... was never real good with math... but there were some i can take to refresh myself on...

good find and excellent subject

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
This needs a bump !
==============
Thanks for drawing my attention to this Utopian Penguin .

I can`t wait to have a rummage about in some of the links you provided !

===============================================

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I found this free Integrative Biology General Human Anatomy classes

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
S&F

There are various sites out there that offer online courses, seminars and discussions for educational purposes. You can be anything you want to be, through the power of the internet. All it really takes is passion, interest and dedication.

I recently read about a surgeon who had apparently opened a surgery and operated several thousand of people successfully (with an astonishing 98% success rate), who later was convicted because he never had a license nor a doctors degree. He said he learned it all online.

Anyway, here are some interesting links:
coursera.org/
ted.com/

If you look a bit harder you can even watch all the Singularity University lectures, a course that costs a lot of money to attend, and yet they released most of the content online.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Tagging for quick access. Thanks.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   
TUPerBEAR!

Thanks for this.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Good stuff man I too have been trying to up my knowledge on medical procedures and workings. I have found an awesome site that also sells medical supplies for government, leo, and medical professionals. Some really good stuff and some awesome videos.

TacMed Videos

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
This seems very important and useful to learn about. Medical study is something one can never complete. Not even doctors.
edit on 23-3-2014 by ODarkThirty because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Thanks for the info, could be useful especially in shtf scenario. When I had my iphone I had downloaded all the medical studies, and especially anything having to do with the inner workings of the brain. They were not classes like this per say, but were interesting and somewhat useful. This is interesting though, i'm going to bookmark this page and take a look.

I have been thinking that if shtf actually happens than I can't help anyone or ask for help in any other language than english. Does anyone know of any free Spanish, Chinese, or any other language lessons? Real lessons and not just hi and bye?

new topics

top topics

join