It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could you wish an ETERNITY of hell on someone?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   
There is one person that I do currently wish for an eternity of hell. I don't even believe in hell, but I wish it existed just for this one person. This person deserves more than eternity in hell. If there was something worse than hell I would wish them there.

Just that one person. Everyone else. No.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by octotom
reply to post by silver tongue devil

So if some random tribe in some random location never hears the 'Good Word', what becomes of them?

As I said before, unfortunately, they'd have to go to hell.

So your omni-benevolent and omniscient God sent these people to Eternal Damnation because you were too slow?

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

Yes, but there are always those who will never get a chance to hear about Christianity, and those devoted to other religions. Are you telling me these people will go to hell, even if they were the best person they could be?

Unfortunately, yes, as works aren't sufficient for salvation. Glimmer of hope—before Christ returns, everyone will have had a chance to hear the gospel.

I can't think of one place in the world that doesn't have Christian missionaries in it today. I hear many reports coming from missionaries that work in tribes of tribal members coming to Christ in droves. The church is growing enormously in places people wouldn't expect, like China and the Middle East. In many Asian countries, like India, the church is growing quickly due to native missionary movements. That being said, with the amount of Christian missionaries working around the world, I think that the number of people today that wouldn't hear the gospel is really, really small—practically the whole world is being touched!

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by silver tongue devil

So if some random tribe in some random location never hears the 'Good Word', what becomes of them?

As I said before, unfortunately, they'd have to go to hell.

So your omni-benevolent and omniscient God sent these people to Eternal Damnation because you were too slow?

Exactly...just seems a bit narrow minded and harsh to me...almost as if it was written in the bible by man...

[edit on 3/10/09 by CHA0S]

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   

I don't know how God's omniscience and benevolence (which isn't an omni) comes into this, but, no they go to hell because they didn't accept Christ. Not because I, or anyone else, was too slow. It's the same playing field for everyone. These people, who most assuredly would worship a god(s), would actually fair better, when it's all said and done, than the western atheist. The reason being they were open to God when the atheist wasn't.

God works in mysterious ways. There have been tribes that missionaries have gone to that have already worshiped Christ before the missionaries got there. If it came down to it, since God is just and merciful, he would, I would suspect, that God could work with the unreached peoples of the world somehow so that they could hear the gospel before Judgment Day.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

Exactly...just seems a bit narrow minded and harsh to me...almost as if it was written by man.

Considering how man is, a religion written by man would be very inclusive. Do you see how up in arms people get when Christians say that Christ is the only way? The "correct" thing to say is that everyone goes to heaven!

A religion written by man would be totally works centered as man always wants to have a part in his salvation. This is something that Christianity isn't. Many aspects of Christianity fly in the face of how man would make a religion.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by octotom

You MUST understand, there is still a huge number of people who do not hear the teachings of Christianity. I just can't see how you can accept that your God sends them to hell when they don't even know they did something wrong...

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

You MUST understand, there is still a huge number of people who do not hear the teachings of Christianity.

Yes, the number is large, but that number is growing ever smaller. More people are turning to Christ today than at any point in history. Literally every corner of Earth has heard the gospel. The gospel is spreading.

I just can't see how you can accept that your God sends them to hell when they don't even know they did something wrong...

From all the reports I've heard, these tribes and others know that they've done stuff wrong. That is why they have a religion in the first place. It's to try and appease the god(s) for there wrong doings. I can worship a God like God because he is just. He doesn't change the rules. He said things are a certain way, and he sticks to it.

Let's look at it this way. Say God let the unreached into heaven because they didn't have a chance. God contradicts himself as he said that only through Christ is salvation obtained. That aside, is that really just, allowing someone into heaven who's sins aren't paid for? Why couldn't he just let everyone in then? What is the purpose of Christ's death then?

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   

reply to post by CHA0S

Exactly...just seems a bit narrow minded and harsh to me...almost as if it was written by man.

Considering how man is, a religion written by man would be very inclusive. Do you see how up in arms people get when Christians say that Christ is the only way? The "correct" thing to say is that everyone goes to heaven!

A religion written by man would be totally works centered as man always wants to have a part in his salvation. This is something that Christianity isn't. Many aspects of Christianity fly in the face of how man would make a religion.

Uhh...ok...I see this:

-Hell was made by man to keep people believing through fear.
-Heaven does the same thing, but lures them in using utter bliss and happiness for eternity.
-I see people constantly pushed into religion by use of this fear, or desire for happiness in the afterlife. It offers comfort in knowing, when really you have no idea what happens after death.
-I see all this happening on a world wide basis, relentlessly trying to force people into religion. Mean while, our society continues to degrade and break down.

To me, it looks like one of the worlds largest businesses brainwashing everyone possible. Every aspect of religion shouts MAN MADE. The only good I see coming from religion is the bliss derived from ignorance, but is that really good?

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   

reply to post by CHA0S

Let's look at it this way. Say God let the unreached into heaven because they didn't have a chance. God contradicts himself as he said that only through Christ is salvation obtained.

So he can't contradict him self, after all, he's THE God, so why would he even say such a narrow minded thing in the first place?

That aside, is that really just, allowing someone into heaven who's sins aren't paid for? Why couldn't he just let everyone in then? What is the purpose of Christ's death then?

Maybe they go to Heaven first, and get a chance at salvation, since they never got a chance. Why don't we just add that in the bible somewhere...that will clear things up real nicely...

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

So he can't contradict him self, after all, he's THE God, so why would he even say such a narrow minded thing in the first place?

Because he had a plan from the beginning. Sin needs to be paid for. That is why Christ came and lived a perfect life; so he could pay the penalty for sin and we don't have to. If someone doesn't accept Christ they have to bear the sin burden themselves.

Maybe they go to Heaven first, and get a chance at salvation, since they never got a chance. Why don't we just add that in the bible somewhere...that will clear things up real nicely...

If only it were that easy. Hebrews 9.27:

And just as it is appointed for man to die once, and after that comes judgment...

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 04:41 AM
link   

reply to post by CHA0S

If only it were that easy. Hebrews 9.27:

And just as it is appointed for man to die once, and after that comes judgment...

Oh...ok...so you MUST learn about Christianity during your physical lifetime..."God" really has his plan thought out well aye?

EDIT: And btw...what makes God so "all mighty" and powerful, that he can say I have no right to judge, but he has the right to judge and send totally innocent people who've never even heard the word "Jesus", let alone the English language, to Hell... ... ...I just really don't know what to say, I can't see how so many people still believe this stuff...it boggles my mind...but then again...the stupidity of man never ceases to amaze me...

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Slightly off topic - Hitler

What if Hitler repented his sins, asked forgiveness and accepted Jesus Christ as his saviour? Could Hitler now be in heaven?

If a Jewish child was killed at the age of 10 and their life expectancy was 70 years, therefore the child lost 60 years of their life on Earth.
But because Jews don't accept Jesus as their saviour then they are all going to Hell.

60 years / eternity is nothing

mathematical equivalent

--- = 0
oo

Does it matter if he responsible for all the deaths of the Jews?

Going along this train of thought, the best thing that could happen for Christians is that all non Christians are dead, reducing over population, pollution etc.

Is this why the far right Christians in the USA are so keen to start wars between Jews and Muslims?

Edit for spelling

[edit on 3/10/2009 by lightchild]

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Donnie Darko
A lot of people who consider themselves Christians have no problem with God sending non-believers and sinners to eternal suffering. This has always bothered me immensely, that God sends anyone to Hell, I can't think of a crime that deserves infinite punishment, and many Christians believe even not believing is a crime worthy of eternal Hell.

What do you believe is saved or punished of a person? In other words what do you believe is living of you or anyone that will move on unseen to the living, but still having existence?

From what I gather of scriptures, that I can also align with truth, is that children or "the name" is what must go forth in the "spirit" of you, which is the "spirit" of your parents that is the "spirit" of your grand parents that is the "spirit" of your great grand parents and so on.

What do you believe is saved or punished?

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I didn't see this posted yet so here....

It's George Carlin with a very good point !

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Part of the problem with a bible which humans constructed is that they leave out some parts due to convenience:

en.wikipedia.org...

There is also a highly contentious section which explains that in the end God will save all sinners from their plight in Hell:
"My Father will give unto them all the life, the glory, and the kingdom that passeth not away, ... It is because of them that have believed in me that I am come. It is also because of them that have believed in me, that, at their word, I shall have pity on men... "
Thus, sinners will finally be saved by the prayers of those in heaven. Peter then orders his son Clement not to speak of this revelation since God had told Peter to keep it secret:
[and God said]"... thou must not tell that which thou hearest unto the sinners lest they transgress the more, and sin."

Of course people who have been brought up to believe that the bible could never have been altered since it was written (go do some research morons) will tell you it's not correct. But that's the reality. It was left out for obvious reasons: no way to control the sheeple otherwise!

Hmmm... if we leave out this passage, we get 10% of everyone's income! Woohoo....

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   
This is what I believe - that the old testament sent many people to hell - then Jesus was born, and He redeemed sinners.

So how do I reconcile the old testament with the new? I think that the old testament was meant to die when our Lord Jesus was born.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Indeed, George Carlin made the best point of all. IT'S BULL#! How many anti-theists have to expose the lies of Organized Religion before the world wakes up. The logic is so simple in its complexity...the Alpha and the Omega...the Beginning and End of all things. In the beginning, in the Old Testament, Hell wasn't even mentioned. Then, some 500-1000 years later, Jesus meek and mild comes along - who claims to be the same God - and dispels nearly everything Yaweh said...GOOD, we don't need people who believe in raping and murdering to be in our offices AS IT STATES IN THE OLD TESTAMENT. But, however, with Christ, we say a lot of love and forgiveness...except if you didn't believe in it - THEN WE GET TO PUNISHMENT OF THE DEAD. Alpha and Omega switched up pretty good didn't He?

Besides...even if this is true, that means that God created these sinners, knew they would be evil sick bastards (as we are) and ordered us well through Him. If this seems doubtful....BURN IN HELL. Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Bush...all models waiting to be turned out on his craved out on his table. Amazing.

To answer the original question more directly, I used to cry myself to bed when I was a kid thinking about all this. What a sick idea, ya know? Then I would wonder what would happen to all us evil creations...I've come to the conclusion that WHO CARES? I don't believe in that sort of concept anyways, instead, I'm willing to believe that our conscience will survive in small forms...that's what Eastern Philosophy teaches us...we'll strive to be better with repeated tries...not OH YOU F*CKED UP...YOUR GOING TO HELL...makes no sense and it's not supposed to.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   
To answer the OP.... yes

Especially the Inland Revenue Inspector who hounded me for 5 years, drove me to temptations of suicide, made my wife ill which she still is, and forced us to sell our home to settle his demands .... just because he could

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by spellbound
This is what I believe - that the old testament sent many people to hell - then Jesus was born, and He redeemed sinners.

So how do I reconcile the old testament with the new? I think that the old testament was meant to die when our Lord Jesus was born.

The problem with this concept is that if the bible is not 100% true as it says it is, then anything is up for grabs. Either it's 100% correct, or you can't be sure of any of it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join