It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocker! Chicago eliminated in 2016 voting

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I’m glad Chicago didn’t get it, because the Obama’s and Oprah went to Copenhagen with such a smug attitude that they want it, they can get it and nothing is going to stop them.

I love that not only did they not get it, but they didn’t even come close, knocked out in the first round.

Not to mention, looking at the cities waiting for the bid, Chicago had a couple of hundred people who didn’t seem bothered and many in the city didn't actually want it, while Rio and Madrid had thousands wanting it and billions ready to put into it, and you could see they clearly wanted it for the games, not for the “Because I’m Obama” factor.

It would have put him in his place, he thinks he is the President of the world, clearly not. And contrary to what many of his supporters think, the world does not worship him.

And to top it off, South America has never had it, they deserve it, give them a shot, Rio has the money for it, Rio wants it and can make it theirs, so I’m hoping for Rio.

Mikey

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Good news!

Bet Obama's cronies and other Chicago mafia members looking to make a hefty profit from this are plenty disappointed.

link   
It would have been nice because I love the spirit of the Olympic games as a whole...however,WE no doubt would have been asked to "pony up" funds to support and promote this HUGE effort in a dying city and no doubt,there may well have been another agenda at play.
Sorry,I'm fast losing faith in many things once perceived as "good..." It would have undoubtedly tuned into a media and financial circus under the guise of something decent.
It seems to be the ways things work these days.The money and manpower required to make this venue a success is simply something we can't spare.

I'm thinking that the Big O in his usual arrogant-manner had already assigned and promised "plum positions and jobs" to his cronies there he owes favors to and boy is he gonna' be pissed.

Could it be that the rest of the world has also seen the catastrophic jobless figures and seen how the US truly seems unable or unwilling to manage it's own affairs lately let alone those such as the Olympics require?

I hate to say it but it's probably for the "best" given the current climate and economic circumstances in this country right now and I'll hope for another time to come as I'd love to have a chance to attend the games in the US!

link   
reply to post by marg6043

America is STILL the greatest country in the world, but not because of some two-bit politician-liar. It's the working people that make this country great and I mean all of those who work and pay taxes, including doctors, lawyers, construction workers, trash collectors, etc.

What other country would allow a fatass like Michael Moore to create a movie crying about how evil the American economic system is when he, himself has been been reaping the profits by that very same economic system??? That's freedom.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by sos37

I don't know anymore where we stand now my friend, our work force lies unemployed and growing, our nations debt is becoming unsustainable, and then we have our own president begging for favors?, no, we have lost our pride, yes is plenty of patriots in this nation but outside our borders we have lost a lot.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
To be honest.

Rio should get it IMO.

We have had the Olympics here how many times since it was started again?

Both winter and summer games USA

1904 - St. Louis, Missouri USA
1932 - Los Angeles, California USA
1932 - Lake Placid, New York USA
1960 - Squaw Valley, California USA
1984 - Los Angeles, California USA
1996 - Atlanta, Georgia USA
2002 - Salt Lake City, Utah USA

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by SlinkyDFW
I'm not shocked. The recent beatings on the streets don't help their cause either.

The IOC is a corrupt organization and these games will most likely go to Rio.

The President should have never left the Country for this. There's far more important things going on that need his attention.

Lastly, the United States is not the most popular Nation these days. I'm sure all of the events over the past 9 months haven't helped. Most of the World blames the United States for all of their problems right now.

And even though they've all said that no tax payer money will be used....it already has.

Is the US Olympic committe going to reimburse the Government for the use of Air Force One, all the staffer's salaries, the secret service, etc? Do you realize how much it costs for the President to visit another Country?

MILLIONS!

This misuse of my taxes makes me sick...

[edit on 2-10-2009 by SlinkyDFW]

uhmmm... the president was trying to promote this country for the olympics. misuse?...he was trying to get the olympics to be held in chicago, he was there 5 hours, it wasn't a vacation. what next?? how much more toilet paper the obamas use because of more family members staying at the white house, compared to to bush?? your false outrage makes ME sick.

maybe you can talk about the misuse of taxes by bush for his 900 days of vacation.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
reply to post by SlinkyDFW

It's not hard to believe at all. The same day Obama was making his "impassioned" plea for the Olympics was the same day some kid was beaten to death outside a Chicago school.

You really think the IOC wants any part of that?

Also it's encouraging to see that some of the rest of the world doesn't buy into Obama's fake charms and shallow personality.

Only the arrogant American MSM will say they are "truly shocked" that Chicago wasn't picked, and hurt and outraged. And they can shove it up their collective $#^@%#s.

Amen.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Great news that Chicago did not get the games.

Now there won't be billions of dollars wasted building an infrastructure to use for 17 days and then abandoned. The only people that make money on the Olympic games are the politicians getting kick backs. Its not worth it.

Take a look at China. For the Bejing games they spent billions of dollars to build that birds nest stadium. Now it is sitting empty. What a waste.
www.dawn.com...#

America is broke, we don't need to be spending money to host the Olympics

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Cannoka

Bingo, we are the greatest nation to ourselves, but outside our borders the rest of the world sees us different.

No wonder our president have the need to beg to the rest of the international community.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I agree. The U.S. has hosted the Olympics many times and reaped the financial benefits.

IMO the Olympic Committee was thinking of this when they made the elimination. I, too, think Rio would be the best choice. I understand the other U.S. presenters were pretty flat compared to Rio's presentation and that may have hurt the U.S. as well.

It seems to me the important thing is Obama was out there pulling for the U.S. If he hadn't gone then people on here would say he doesn't care about the country.

Some people exult over any little evidence of "defeat."

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I never knew the IOC was so racist. What a bunch of black people haters they have over there. How dare they diss the three O's... They disagreed with their sob stories just like most of America on his Health Care scam. It seems racism is all over the world these days. What a shame!

Barack Obama. mmmm.. mmmm.. mmm...

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
To be honest.

Rio should get it IMO.

We have had the Olympics here how many times since it was started again?

Both winter and summer games USA

1904 - St. Louis, Missouri USA
1932 - Los Angeles, California USA
1932 - Lake Placid, New York USA
1960 - Squaw Valley, California USA
1984 - Los Angeles, California USA
1996 - Atlanta, Georgia USA
2002 - Salt Lake City, Utah USA

Lake Placid, NY was also the 1980 Winter Olympics

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Oh come one

Well done Brazil!!!!!!!!!!

Americans always have a big cry when they lose something...eg womens water polo gold medal games vs Australia at Sydney olypmics

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
From what I understand of the process, you have to bribe the heck out of the IOC to get the nod for a game.

I guess all the bribe money had already been spent on all the corrupt politicians and officials in Chicago and Illinois.

He sure looked like he was embarrassed to me today.

And heck it's RIO everybody wants to go and see the Brazilian babes on the beach.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
You think Obama is still pissed over this decision?
I say yes, but probably not as PO'd as Adolph..

Wait a sec, even Hitler was able to get the games to Berlin in 1936.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join