It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I started today.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   
One warning, the truth hurts A LOT! I wept for soo long watching this film...

Mod Edit - Graphically disturbing scenes are included in the video

EARTHLINGS

Google Video Link

[edit on 1/10/09 by neformore]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Oh ya... today I am officially vegetarian, I don't think I'll ever be able to even look at meat or fish much the same again for a loooooooooooooooooooooooong time.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Eye opening.

Knowledge of where our food comes from and how it is produced is key. These animals should not be treated like this!

Winc(-(

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   
i am unable to bring myself to view this video. i am not a vegetarian but i eat little meat as the pocket book dictates.

meat, fish and poultry are so very expensive. well, for that matter, so are vegetables and fruits.

cost of food is rising at an alarming rate.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Ok, I get the point of your post now. When I first read the title I figured I'd dip in and congratulate you on NOT being pregnant.

I've known this kind of stuff has gone on for years, and my heart goes out to these animals, but cruelty doesn't make them any less delicious. It just makes me want my own land where I can raise and kill my meat humanely.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by midnightbrigade

What is your version of humane?

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Quick kill. No stomping of heads, no tossing in to a grinder while still alive, none of that. Free range while living, and only killing what I need to eat. No mass slaughtering. You never know if that meat is going in to a stomach or a trash can. That's disrespectful to the animals spirit. Take what you need and thank them for what they give to you.

It's a very old tradition of my people and one that I would love to be able to practice daily.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by midnightbrigade

Well I can applaud that. Your initial comment and paragraph seemed to be there only to mock something so serious.

I think I spoke to soon when I said that today I am a vegetarian but rather I think I would look at it like this: I am a vegetarian unless I know exactly how the animal was treated until its death, but I am in full support of groups to free these animals from such environments until the end of my physical means on this earth.

Probably not going to buy any meat, chicken, or fish product from any outlet until humane treatment of this animals is forever fulfilled. I will also not buy anything animal product tested/related or having to do with the inhumane slaughter of living beings. Perfect timing too since I can incorporate this into Trippy.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by GenLo

Right on. Sorry if I seemed mocking, I wasn't intending to be. I have a weird sense of humor, but my moral compass is right on ded reckoning
If you feel you need to stop using meat until your moral obligations are met, then I applaud you for sticking to your guns.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Yea ok, my wife has been getting on my butt for years about this, but I never listened or bothered watching these thing's.

Today is a new day.

I felt sadness, anger, violent thoughts towards my own species, grief and sorrow that we disrespect other life on our planet.

I *know* we can get everything we need from plants, including B12 regardless of what people say. Lying is not justification, even if I am guilty of it myself.

I *know* we didn't evolve to eat animals for we don't have claws to tear into flesh nor teeth capable of biting into hides.

I'm about to toss any animal product in my house out right now as I can't bear to look at it after viewing this video.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Unfortunately, unless 95% of the population decides to not eat meat it will continue....

So I feel it is my duty to eat that large steak and that bucket of fried chicken that goes so good with mashed potatoes and gravy... else those animals died for nothing and went to waste.

Being a carnivore with a conscience sucks.. but at least it tastes good.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by GenLo

What this video fails to mention is the objectification that occurs from slave to master as well as master to slave.

It goes both ways, and thus is the way life goes on this planet...

Kill or be killed in many situations.

Most all isms stem from survival mechanisms born out of fear, no matter how ignorant or outdated they are.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by TwiTcHomatic

It's all about supply and demand. Demand goes down, less suffering for the animals is needed. The more who jump on board, the better. Making excuses isn't going to fix the problem, I personally think I should be done myself with making excuses. We need protein, but if other sources are available without killing an animal for it, then we as the most dominate and supposedly most civilized species should learn to respect life. At the rate we're going, we're hurting ourselves more than the rest of life here and this is our only home.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

No doubt!

Along those same lines I challenge anyone to make a fast food chain consisting of completely vegan foods. Market it, and dominate the market, if possible.

That's the best way of changing the system for others and not just yourself.

Of course if that trend took on to that degree you would see the extinction of most animals used for food today... where would the chicken go? The Cow? If there is no need for food, those things would be long gone by now. As it is, they are so highly domesticated they are a different species altogether.

You know that the spots on an animal are indicative of domestication don't you?

[edit on 1-10-2009 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Wouldn't they eventually fall into some ecological niche and adapt to whatever environmental stresses are placed upon them in a wild setting? Some domesticated pets do eventually survive and successive generations get back "into the nature of things." I don't see any reason to doubt that domesticated farm animals wouldn't be capable of the same.

As it stands, what would be better? The systematic extinction of all species due to human actions eventually wiping out our own species or giving domesticated farm animals at least some chance to see if they can adapt to the wild?

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
One deterrent from being a vegetarian might be the realization that fresh healthy veggies are going to be harder and harder to come by since Codex Alimentarius is outlawing nutrition in your food this Dec 31. We also have to watch out for designer GM foods that seem designed to attack your immune system. But then again all meat will be vaccinated and irradiated as well, which will drive away all but the dirty-cage big business production of meat. It's irradiated to save money on sanitation & the cows are eating chicken dung. So I guess it comes down to choose your poison, veggies or meat.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I cant say the corrupted food industry is making it easy for one to find local foods to eat. I mean before this I was already having a hard time sifting through foods that don't include bleach or fructose corn syrup in them, guess I am going to be eating a lot of salads. Might be hungry for a while, but I need to bring my waste line down anyway. Funny, the military is always about being "fit to fight" yet the only resource they make available is the gym, they hardly care about your diet which is much more important than using those poisonous body building supplements.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Every time this subject is brought up there always has to be those people who think they're funny and make that same tired comment about how delicious the meat is, as if this somehow justifies this disgraceful treatment.

Would you make the same joke about the Holocaust? "Yeah, Hitler killed 6 million Jews but at least there's more money in circulation now! LOL!" Or maybe about black people? "Yeah, white people held blacks as slaves, but at least they were kind enough to feed them! They should be grateful! LOL!"

Making a lame joke and trying to qualify a tragic situation does not excuse what has been done, no matter how hilarious you think you are. And quite frankly, I'm sick of hearing it and I think all of you who have said it and all of you who are thinking of saying it should just shut up. It's old and cliche, and as unfunny as it was the first ten million times it was said, it's even less funny now.

Animal cruelty is absolutely wrong and should not be tolerated AT ALL! I understand humans are omnivores and do and will always consume meat; I am not against killing for food. But this inhumane treatment, cruel abuse, and mass slaughter for corporate benefit needs to come to an immediate end.

It's a damn shame that with all of our supposed intelligence and all of the tools and resources we have at our disposal, we kill animals the most inhumane way of any animal species on the planet. A lion kills a gazelle in a more humane way than we kill our prey. It's embarrassing, disgusting, and shows just how little we have truly evolved.

I have not yet finished the video but I have seen enough to comfortably say that this is a prime example of why I hate humans as much as I do. We are the most repulsive and shameful species on the planet and I truly hope we get what we deserve.

As for every person this video depicts abusing these animals as well as every person in the world who does the same as a job or hobby, I can only hope there is actually a Hell where they can burn for all eternity after they suffer and die the same slow, painful, and agonizing death that they put these innocent creatures through.

[edit on 10/1/09 by NovusOrdoMundi]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

IDK what the stars are for, I'm assuming it's a good thing and if it is I'm really pissed off that I can only give you one.

That is by far the best post of any forum I have ever been to.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi
Every time this subject is brought up there always has to be those people who think they're funny and make that same tired comment about how delicious the meat is, as if this somehow justifies this disgraceful treatment.

Would you make the same joke about the Holocaust? "Yeah, Hitler killed 6 million Jews but at least there's more money in circulation now! LOL!"

There is a HUGE difference here...

By saying "It's delicious" It's a comical way of focusing on something true.... our own appetite.

The faux statement you made about the holocaust merely uses a stereotype to make an awful joke... nothing true about it. Jews have NOTHING to do with the amount of money in circulation.

However meat does taste good to humans... it's our appetites which cause this

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join