It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Email to Every Woman on ATS: Through a Rapists Eyes - BEWARE - *The Crying Baby*

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   
I must apologise if my previous posts were confusing people. I have inadvertently used OP interchangeably with other words at different times. I still get confused whether OP is "original post" or "original poster". It seems like people use them both ways on this forum.

To be clear: I am attacking the ARTICLE (information in the original post) not the OP (original poster who posted the article). I believe the initial post made on this thread was done with good intentions and she generally wanted to help others. The article she is using (which she states she did not create herself) has a subliminal message whose intentions are not good.

To silo13 (The Orignial Poster): I did jump the gun on the issue. After re-reading it I realise a big part of the article was highlighting the "Cry Baby Incident" and putting it out there as a warning. I am sorry for assuming otherwise.

[edit on 1/10/2009 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Oh, man. Thanks to silo13 and the other contributions in this thread. S & F! I've learned more in the last 5 minutes about self-defense ideas than I have in 30 years. Awesome.

Adding to the "bodily functions" part, I have a friend who can barf on command if she's upset enough. I don't have that skill, but that might be a useful deterent as well. Maybe spitting?

I might also try stepping on toes (especially with heels if they come from behind) and the head butt can be another useful tool for at least throwing someone off for a few seconds. (It can, however cause some damage to you as well, so use as a last cas senario).

Thank you ladies!

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Morbo the Annihilator

Oh, and the crying baby/puppy/kitten thing was probably the most useful to me. I would have fallen for that in a nanosecond.

I just can't ignore things that sound so needy and helpless...

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I have to S&F, this thread hits really close to home, I really have to think about it before I post a reply, the information is on the spot, whatever I may add will be of value...Dark Ghost has definitely a lot to learn about Man's responsibility in cultivating involution, his input is very important - although infuriating, he seems to be open to change his mindset - Kudos!

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Morbo the Annihilator

Man, your friend could have one hell of a schtick in the professional wrestling circuit! WWE hasn't had anyone that could barf on command since Droz, but he's dead now. I can just see that matchup!

Oh and Silo, I did a little research, the baby crying thing is an urban legend according to Snopes.com (They do all kinds of urban myth research to prove or disprove them) that started out of Louisiana.

I'll tell you though, that kind of thing bugs me. With all the creative ways killers have at their disposal to lure people to their death, WHY WOULD ANYONE GIVE THEM A NEW IDEA?

A clever story can be converted in to a death trap. Some people have # for brains

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by midnightbrigade

I'll tell you though, that kind of thing bugs me. With all the creative ways killers have at their disposal to lure people to their death, WHY WOULD ANYONE GIVE THEM A NEW IDEA?

That's the problem!

I read this info and my first thought was *Holy BLEEP*! Now some freak is going to go out and use this as a method of entrance to a home - regardless if it's rape, abduction, theft, etc.

Thus the thread was born...

By the way, I added the puppy and kitten thing, as, if I heard a baby, I might think first before opening the door (as horrible as that sounds it's true), but, with a puppy or kitten I would forget myself and open the door right off.

Thanks tons!

gracie

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Way back in the 70's there was a woman in our neighborhood that was raped. The neighbors later had a police officer speak at one of the neighborhood watch meetings. He advocated "just do what the rapist says, it's not worth risking your life to avoid sex."

He so outraged the women present that he had to leave abruptly to avoid the wrath of a group of really p****d off women (and their significant others). I bought my first gun the next day.

I'm glad to see that women are starting to stand up for themselves and fight back. You don't have to be a victim.

I was attacked at the end of my shift in the unlit hospital parking garage. I clamped my hemostats onto his testicles and he hobbled away.

It's not about "sex"; it's about power and control. Ladies, you have the power. Take control of your lives and fight with all you've got.

S&F.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   

But the OP makes it seem like men are the aggressors and women are always the victims, which is untrue

Not always. But a vast majority of the time rape is committed by a man against a woman.

When I was sixteen I hitchiked. A man picked me up and said he needed to stop at a friends house quickly. Eventually we ended up on a remote dirt road and he pulled out a gun. He said he wouldn't hurt me as long I took off my clothes and got in the back seat. I knew he was lying. I jumped out of the car and ran for my life. He fired his gun wildly. I zig zagged, he didn't hit me. He was pudgy and old, I was young and agile. I out ran him, thankfully. Later at the police station the officers confirmed that by running I had definitley done the right thing. They said if you are taken you should assume that the perpetrator will kill you and act accordingly.

I thought the tips were good. The most important thing is to exhude an air of confidence. A predator looks for the weakest. If you're distracted and alone you will look like prey.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

About the baby, don't feel bad, its perfectly natural. A baby at the doorsteps hits us with a sense of long term responsibility (at least until the cops show up) and most people don't want to get involved. A kitten or puppy, well, we have no REAL responsibility, but if we give them some food, we feel like we've done our good deed and go on about our day.

It's the same reason yelling "Fire" when being attacked will draw more people than "Help".

WW what are you doing on so early? What kind of gun?

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   
One friend of mine was single, and her next door neighbor's husband was always offering to help with something. She trusted him, let him in her house, and he raped her.

Quite a few years ago, I was a long-time member of the same small church as Dennis Rader, the serial killer. Even though I firmly believed in not opening up the door to even guys I knew (see story above), I shudder now to think that I would have trusted him, and probably let him into my home, even if I had been home alone. I am thankful I wasn't one of his victims.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   
You do realize that you've made a point by point list for any wannabe rapist? This would read just like a manual to them. I know your intent wasn't that but still.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by midnightbrigade

I'm up so early because I actually had a crying baby. LOL. Grandbaby in the other room and not on the front porch, though. Felt like putting the one in the other room ON the front porch. Us old folks need our sleep!

It was a .38 Rossi revolver. I was so stupid about guns back then that I asked the salesman for a silencer to go with it. LOL. Never mind that they're illegal (I wasn't aware of that at the time) but they wouldn't work with a revolver anyway.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I aready knew about all of that, because I read this same article a couple of years ago, but I've never been in a situation where I could get raped unless they get bold and go after me at the grocery store at 9 am?? It's useful information I agree, but if women don't know this information by now, i have no idea what to say.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   
S&F.
Things like this should be taught in school...yes I said that.
Had this been taught to us right up there with sex ed I might have not been sexually assaulted at age 13.
This should be mandatory, along with basic self defense in every High school and/ or College.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

If the rapists have a "manual" then I, for one, am glad to have access to their bag of tricks rather than be caught off guard.

Deviant minds will always come up with ways to do deviant things. Since I don't have a devious mind, I wouldn't consider some of their tricks to BE tricks. I'm glad to have the information.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Merigold

I'm not trying to make light of your situation, but I gotta tell you... Nike had a commercial with this young, attractive, athletic girl out in a cabin in the woods. Well a chainsaw wielding Jason like character cuts through the door, stomps over the bed toward her and she bolts out of the cabin. He's chasing her through the woods and after a few feet starts slowing down, gasping for breath and she just keeps running. The tagline? Nike cross trainers. Just run.

I laughed my ass off when I watched that, and your story reminds me of that. It's like hell yea girl! Way to stay in shape!

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

LMAO silencer on a revolver? Hehehehe that makes me chuckle. I take it this is before you moved to your current state?

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

If the rapists have a "manual" then I, for one, am glad to have access to their bag of tricks rather than be caught off guard.

Deviant minds will always come up with ways to do deviant things. Since I don't have a devious mind, I wouldn't consider some of their tricks to BE tricks. I'm glad to have the information.

Thanks for the reply - it's quite perfect and enough said.

Thank you

gracie

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

Had this been taught to us right up there with sex ed I might have not been sexually assaulted at age 13.

And like other posters pointed out - so many times it's people we know - and trust.

I hope you've found peace over what happened and I thank you for sharing.

peace

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by AccessDenied

And like other posters pointed out - so many times it's people we know - and trust.

I hope you've found peace over what happened and I thank you for sharing.

peace

It was a random stranger, and I was walking home late at night..
Ever since then, I carry a knife.I'm very well aware of how to use it.
I'll be passing this info on to my daughter.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join