It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Email to Every Woman on ATS: Through a Rapists Eyes - BEWARE - *The Crying Baby*

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+61 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I started this thread to pass on an email I’d been sent, one I wished to share it with ATS.

ATS c3hamby brought to my attention some of the points in the original email were bogus. Thank you c3hamby.

Yet, even if some of the points are less than correct I truly believe using this as a template to discus how we can avoid rape situations is extremely important.

So, let’s use this forum to share tips and tactics to help to avoid a rape situation, and what to do if we find ourselves under attack.

Both topics are important for all of us on ATS, and not just the women.
Why?
Because there are Fathers and Grandfathers, Brothers, sons, husbands and partners - all who love the women in their life and don't want to see them fall victim to rape.

So, I’ll present some points in the original email, some points to debate, and we can go from there.

First and foremost though.

The *Crying Baby* ploy was debunked as a myth.
The ploy?
Would be rapists using a recording of a baby crying to lure women outside their homes or into bushes, etc.
The horrid reality?
Now that the ploy has gone viral on the internet I've no doubt we'll be hearing this ploy used in rape (kidnap/theft) scenarios.

So, think of this thread as the ounce of prevention worth the pound of cure!

1) The first thing men look for in a potential victim is hairstyle.
Not true.
Rape victims can be any age with any hair style, color, dress style, etc. There is no *template* for a rape victim - other than a woman who seems vulnerable and is alone.

2) The second thing men look for is clothing.
Also not true.
Of course dressing promiscuously might be seen as *tempting* a would be rapist, but this is also a myth degrading, and absolutely false.

3) Rapists look for women on their cell phone, searching through their purse, or doing other activities while walking because they are off-guard and can be easily overpowered.

While this is true, again, it’s not a constant, so, be aware of what you’re doing, and, if you can find a safer place to rummage about your purse, or, do texting - wait until you’re secure.

4) Men are most likely to attack & rape in the early morning. Not true.

Rapes can happen any time, and any place. It’s shocking the number of times women are raped in their own homes, and by people they know.

5) Parking lots, parking garages and public bathrooms are all high risk areas.

6) The thing about these men is that they are looking to grab a woman and quickly move her to another location where they don't have to worry about getting caught. So be careful not to take rides from strangers, or people who make you feel uneasy even if you know them.

7) There’s no way to know if a rapist is carrying a weapon until it’s too late. If your gut instinct says to fight, scream and fight for all you’re worth.

8) Scream FIRE! (not help) and RUN! RUN! RUN! whenever possible!
The best case scenario - you run away and get away!

If you're trapped - Fight, scratch, BITE, kick, and never ever give up.
Use anything you can get your hands on to fight.
Throw dirt in their face, urinate and defecate yourself if possible, whatever you can so, and make it count!

A point of concern.

Though it's known that fighting back might do more to inflame the rapist there's no way to know for sure, so, use your instincts and follow through on them.

9) Keys are not a deterrent but in a pinch use your keys to strike, slash, and on the eyes! Also, carry your keys, at all times, like a weapon.

10) If someone is following behind you on a street or in a garage or with you in an elevator or stairwell move to a populated area as quickly as possible and don't hesitate to scream or run if need be.

11) If someone is coming toward you, hold out your hands in front of you and yell STOP! or STAY BACK!
Don't bother warning them - if you have pepper pray - USE IT!

12) GO for the GROIN whenever possible.

Always be aware of your surroundings, take someone with you if you can and if you see any odd behavior, don't dismiss it, go with your instincts!!!
You may feel a little silly at the time, but you'd feel much worse if the guy really was trouble..

Tip: The elbow is the strongest point on your body. If you are close enough to use it, do!

Don't forget:

~~~Scream FIRE! Not Rape - or - Help! Scream FIRE!~~~

Also - If a robber asks for your wallet and/or purse, DO NOT HAND IT TO HIM! Toss it away from you, this might give you a chance to run.

If you are ever thrown into the trunk of a car, kick out the back tail lights and stick your arm out the hole and start waving like crazy. The driver won't see you, but everybody else will. This has saved lives. (And I hope this is possible!)

A few notes about getting into your car in a parking lot or parking garage:

A.) Be aware: look around you, look into your car, at the passenger side floor, and in the back seat. As soon as you get in your car lock the doors and leave the area.

If someone is in your car with a gun to your head keep your cool!
Begin to do as they say, to *drive off*.
Moments after, stomp on the breaks HARD to jar the would be attacker, then accelerate FAST and hit a light post, anything, quick!
Your Air Bag will save you. If the person is in the back seat they will get the worst of it. As soon as the car crashes bail out and run. It is better than having them find your body in a remote location.

B.) If you are parked next to a big van, enter your car from the passenger door. Rapists are known to attack their victims by pulling them into their vans while the women are attempting to get into their cars.

C.) Look at the car parked on the driver's side of your vehicle, and the passenger side. If a male is sitting alone in the seat nearest your car walk back into a populated area and get a guard/policeman to walk you back out.

IT IS ALWAYS BETTER TO BE SAFE THAN SORRY. (And better paranoid than dead.)

* ALWAYS take the elevator instead of the stairs. (Stairwells are horrible places to be alone and the perfect crime spot. This is especially true at NIGHT!)

* If the predator has a gun and you are not under his control, ALWAYS RUN! The predator will only hit you (a running target) 4 in 100 times. And even then, it most likely WILL NOT be a vital organ. RUN, preferably in a zigzag pattern!

* As women, we are always trying to be sympathetic: STOP! It may get you raped or killed. Ted Bundy, the serial killer, was a good-looking man who ALWAYS played on the sympathies of unsuspecting women. He walked with a cane, or a limp, and often asked 'for help' into his vehicle or with his vehicle, which is when he abducted his next victim.

(Crying Baby Ploy)

* Recently it was reported a woman heard a crying baby on her porch, her instincts kicked in and she called the police because it was late and she thought it was weird. The police told her 'Whatever you do, DO NOT open the door.'

* Please pass this on and DO NOT open the door for a crying baby! (My add to this: Or a crying puppy, or kitten!)

This should be taken seriously as even if the *Crying Baby* theory is an urban legend, now that it’s known, some would be rapist/kidnapper will probably try to use the ruse to lure women.

Here's a hint my Grandmother would have told each Lady here.

As gross as it sounds, (and it's supposed to) - I was told by my Grandmother if I'm ever in a situation with a man and he will not listen to NO!

Pick your nose and stick your finger in your mouth.

For so many people this action will be so shocking, (they've been indoctrinated since children how filthy this habit is) the man will recoil and you will loose your appeal as a target for the rapist.

Something else I'd like you to think over...

Get yourself to a handgun instructor.
Have your handgun instructor help you pick out a gun for your personal protection.

Apply for a carry/conceal license. When you're filling out the paperwork and need to write in an answer to *WHY* you want a license to conceal carry?
Your answer: Because IT'S MY RIGHT.

Learn to become proficient with your handgun and make sure and practice as often as possible with your new best friend.

So, Do you have anything to add? Anything you found that works for you, or something helpful you’ve been taught? If so, please post it!

Stay SAFE All!

[edit on 1-10-2009 by silo13]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I appreciate this, and will pass it on to friends, and family.

Long ago I learned the dark side of mankind. My bride has a 130lb. King German Shepard. His name is Banshee. I spent the money, and he is an official search, and rescue dog with papers. Part of that training was attack training.

He is able to go everywhere with my bride; because of his "service dog" vest. Everywhere, and they are inseparable.

Reading the OP reminded me of a time in dingy part of a larger city I left my bride in the car, running with the heater going; this was while in I ran into the convenient store for cigarettes. Any ways some thugs hanging around started to make a run for the "rig" with a beautiful blond in it. I guess they thought two for the price of one.

Banshee just about broke out the drivers window lunging from the back. I came out not knowing what was up, and to see a window covered in doggie slime, but the jerk offs ran..

Thank You so much for the list silo

S&F

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Excellent tips silo!

here is an addition...

I know this might sound gross - but here goes:

If you know you are going to get raped and you've done all you can do - urinate and defecate.

Animals have been doing this for millions of years to reduce their prey appeal to predators. It will be a turn off to most rapists, they will probably move on to cleaner prey. when it comes to catching them after; the more DNA you leave behind on his person the better.

*Also, it is extremely easy to suck a person's eye out of their socket with one's mouth. Very little suction is required and this will be so devastating that you will have time to escape. Now if you are not that far along that you are close enough to suck an eye, you can always try to poke one out with your fingers. (I'll post some eye gouge technique later)

Go for the nuts too. I see that is on the list, but yeah that works. Nothing is worse than ball-pain and it is easily inflicted.

[edit on 1-10-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

Holy Cow, your post, it just made me shiver!
I can’t even imagine!
You leave your bride in the car for just a second to run into a convenience store and come out to...
No car.
No bride.
Oh my God.
You both are so fortunate, so so fortunate you’ve got Banshee!
Give him a huge hug from me and a dogie snack!
You and banshee are Hero’s to protect your bride so.
Now get her a gun!

peace

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

Animals have been doing this for millions of years to reduce their prey appeal to predators.

Oh absolutely!

And teeth!

Don’t forget your teeth ladies!

Whatever I latch my teeth onto? It stays with me.

If I’m in a position to go for the throat, just call me bloodthirsty cause I’m going to latch on to the carotid artery and rip it out!

I’m going to rip your throat out with my bare teeth!

I’m going to use my manicures to good use and rip your eyes out of their sockets and take myself home a souvenirs!

Ok, so, it might sound like bravado, but that’s the POINT!

Keep the bravado with you!

You are NOT a victim, you’re a fighter, you’re a woman who can kill, you’re going to TAKE HIM OUT! You’re time of being a victim is OVER!

KEEP IT BOLD LADIES!

Thanks for your addition to the thread Exuberant1!

peace

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Unless you get a dirty perv ...but yea, I wouldn't have sex with a chick that just shat herself...course I wouldn't be raping her either....

ANYWAY... I think your on the right track with they eye thing, but damn DON'T suck it out...I wouldn't want some rapists eye in my mouth...As my mother used to say "You don't know where that eye has been". Use your thumbs. Go right in at the outside of the eye and pop it out like your making a pop sound in a soda bottle (you know...the thooomp) and they come right on out.

While he's bouncing around looking like Groucho Marx, up and away you go!.

Oh yes, and get a gun

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Okay, reading Your post does present some great points

I experienced the following.................at the point of urination, and defecation I felt a "queasy" sensation to my stomach, at which it almost felt like being kicked.

I thought it would be alright, but then somehow my eyeball really started hurting when You suggested yanking it out.................

Finally, I've got a severe discomfort in my groan area from any of the above, and being kicked there............. Really, I almost felt like laughing at points through Your post, but then the thought of what You expressed really was down right icky, and/or painful. All in all I think it would be good advice

reply to post by silo13

I am very grateful everyday for Banshee.......I call'em "King Banshee". He is cared for to no ends. He gets excellent supplemental food, and his main diet is the BARF(bone, and raw food). He is in excellent shape with this diet, and We even have his blood work checked every few months.

We love him like no tomorrow, and frankly the day he decides to go to the nether regions will be heart wrenching, but until then he is a warrior with no fear; which We keep in top condition. He is straight forward an AWESOME animal.

Oh, and yeah, the misses does have a the CCW, and a glock

again thanks for the concise thread

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by midnightbrigade

ANYWAY... I think your on the right track with they eye thing, but damn DON'T suck it out...I wouldn't want some rapists eye in my mouth...As my mother used to say "You don't know where that eye has been". Use your thumbs. Go right in at the outside of the eye and pop it out like your making a pop sound in a soda bottle (you know...the thooomp) and they come right on out.

You are right, it is preferable to use thumbs or an object. I was just remarking on the ease with which an eye can be removed using suction..

But if one is already being raped or just about to be - then eye-sucking and throat biting should be considered.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Well, by God, if its go time then you do what you gotta do...but yea, I'd last resort that stuff

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   
EDIT: I removed my opening paragraph because I realise that I misinterpreted the message the original poster was trying to make.

There is no excuse for rape. I have a close female friend of mine who has been the victim of rape and have seen the mental wounds she continues to go through till this day (8 years after it happened).

However, the following information might be unpleasant truths that people do not want to confront, but they are the cold hard facts:

- Rape is more likely to occur if the victim is by themselves in an isolated area
- Rape is more likely to occur if the victim is physically appealing to the attacker
- Rape is more likely to occur to victims who dress scantily
- Rape is more likely to occur when the victim is intoxicated or high on drugs

Keeping in mind that the above sentences are extremely likely to be true and will increase the likelihood of rape occurring, would it not be logical for potential victims to avoid them whenever possible?

[edit on 1/10/2009 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Careful where you park your car if you are parking it in daylight but know it will be dark when you return. It's something we can easily forget about.
Plus you should always have your central locking on, when in the car.
Some general safety tips on this site
www.suzylamplugh.org...

[edit on 1-10-2009 by unicorn1]

[edit on 1-10-2009 by unicorn1]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

Whoa wait...are you talking about a woman raping a man? How the hell would that work? "Get it up or I'll cut it off" doesn't do much to entice a mans erection.

Or are you referring to prison style rape? In which case I would say that's much more likely to occur IN prison than in an alleyway.

This post only seems to be empowering women to know that they can avoid this behavior with the right tools, not blame men for being dirty scumbags.

When 99% of violent rapes are perpetrated by men, that's not generalization or profiling, that's the law of averages.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
You are doing Feminist Zealots a great service by passing on this "anti-male" propaganda....

You are exaggerating and engaging in hyperbole.

Then you go on claim that the OP "reeks of opportunism" - yet you do not specific which portions. Poor form.

If anything it is your post that "reeks of opportunism" - look how quickly you invented a pretext to be offend, once the OP was made; once you found your opportunity....

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by midnightbrigade

Whoa wait...are you talking about a woman raping a man? How the hell would that work? "Get it up or I'll cut it off" doesn't do much to entice a mans erection.

Or are you referring to prison style rape? In which case I would say that's much more likely to occur IN prison than in an alleyway.

This post only seems to be empowering women to know that they can avoid this behavior with the right tools, not blame men for being dirty scumbags.

When 99% of violent rapes are perpetrated by men, that's not generalization or profiling, that's the law of averages.

No, I was actually talking about men raping other men, which does happen. Men being raped by women is very rare, no arguments there. But the information in the OP makes it seem like men are the aggressors and women are always the victims, which is untrue.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Honestly this post is full of win.

S&F

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Edit: Post removed. My reply was off-topic and did not contribute to the thread as I intended.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost

Notice how the OP turned into a "Women vs (evil) Men" post.

You are wrong.

It was you who tried to turn the OP into a "Women vs (evil) Men" post.

The OP made a valid contribution and did not imply any of the things that you alone have claimed you detected in it.

You even go so far as to suggest that she used neuro-linguistic programming in the form of some subliminal messages (that you think you have managed to detect.)

I'll say no more. To do so would be cruel.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   

No, you are right, men do sometimes rape other men. However outside of prison I would say its a rarity that it's violent. More often than not its a drug slipped in to a drink, or taking advantage of a drunken party guest or that sort of thing. I think the OP was speaking more about violent rapes by unknown attackers, however point taken.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Edit: Post removed. My reply was off-topic and did not contribute to the thread as I intended.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 05:07 AM
link   

I was not offended. I was simply putting forth the argument that male rape victims deserve as much sympathy as female rape victims. Notice how the OP turned into a "Women vs (evil) Men" post. This post is disguised as trying to help women avoid being raped, but it is subliminally building up a horribly negative image of men as aggressors that cannot be trusted.

I’m truly sorry you feel that way.
My intention was to help women, not to exclude men, from help.
If you’d like, please start a thread on how to prevent rape, for men, and I will make sure and link to your thread.
It’s not a subject I feel in any way qualified to submit any information on, and I’m not interested in starting a thread I can’t back up with some kind of meat an potatoes information so I’ll leave that up to you.

Beyond that, for your information, I do not view rapists as men.

*Real* men do not rape.

So, there ya go.

Please respect the fact this thread was posted to help women.
Especially with the whole *Crying Baby* ruse being used to lure women out of their house, in order to facilitate rape.

Needless to say this could be used as a ruse to lure men from their homes - you might want to keep that in mind if/when you begin a thread on rape prevention for men.

peace

[edit on 1-10-2009 by silo13]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join