It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America's wealthiest citizens

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   

America's wealthiest citizens

ca.finance.yahoo.com

America's super rich are getting poorer. For only the fifth time since 1982, the collective net worth of The Forbes 400, our annual tally of the nation's richest people, has declined, falling US$300 billion in the past 12 months, from $1.57 trillion to $1.27 trillion.

Faltering capital markets and real estate prices, along with divorce and fraud, pushed the fortunes of 314 members down and drove 32 plutocrats off the rankings.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
*looks around for people crying there eyes out*

I'm not shedding a tear for any of these crooks period they essentially got themselves in this mess. There using the people to bail them out or least line there pockets with more useless greenback.

If anything these crooks should be hung out to dry or thrown in jail for there crimes. But in this day age that's not gonna happened because the general population is so docile and brainwashed by the goons propaganda they won't put any sort of resistance into action.

However there still is that little portion of the population who knows the score.

ca.finance.yahoo.com

[edit on 9/30/2009 by Big Oil]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Big Oil

I am sure they will be ok. I am not sure why you hate rich people though, unless it is just jealousy. Only a small minority of rich people actually made their wealth by doing anything illegal or immoral. The vast majority of them did it by adding value to peoples lives or to improving business success for many companies in the world.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
falling US$300 billion in the past 12 months, from $1.57 trillion to $1.27 trillion.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f98c489cac58.png[/atsimg]

I say we round them up and squeeze them for every penny they have and then turn around and pay off China. It's not like they do any real work to earn those Billions anyway.

Just my 0.02

No, wait.

I might actually need that!

Give it back!

[edit on 30-9-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SawToothJon

These guys have robbed the world twice over just to make billions of dollars off the little guy. I understand that they are in fact people like everyone else. But one thing you have to remember is there in control at the moment. Which isn't a good thing considering that most of the rich elite are trying to establish a one world government that will work against you and your efforts.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

You and me both I could use the money to pay off debts and buy plot of land outside of the city. Then give the rest of the money to society it would be very fulfilling to see regular folks happy and content.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Hi bo,

I think the numbers are a little skewed. Sure, there is now banking transparency gaining momentum across the World, but I'm betting that should the truth be known, the rich are getting richer...........Just hiding it better.
S&F

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Most of the nation's wealthiest people have so much money hidden in phoney charitble trusts its not funny. They keep their money squirrelled away tax free that way, pay themselves some fat paycheck from it, usually courtesy of the tax payers yet again because they apply for grants for their charitble trusts each year!

The way the system is set up to hide wealth we probably have no idea who America's truly wealthiest individuas are or how much wealth they have.

We probably never will either.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

Here's the deal....

Isn't it kind of funny how that amount is almost what we owe China? If we think about it most of those Billionaires own the huge multinational companies who have outsourced millions of jobs to other countries in search of higher corporate profits.

Taking all their money and paying off the debt which they have helped create seems only fair to me instead of having Joe Sixpack, his kids and grand kids carry the debt!

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Big Oil

*looks around for people crying there eyes out*

I'm not shedding a tear for any of these crooks period they essentially got themselves in this mess. There using the people to bail them out or least line there pockets with more useless greenback.

If anything these crooks should be hung out to dry or thrown in jail for there crimes. But in this day age that's not gonna happened because the general population is so docile and brainwashed by the goons propaganda they won't put any sort of resistance into action.

However there still is that little portion of the population who knows the score.

ca.finance.yahoo.com

[edit on 9/30/2009 by Big Oil]

They are not all bankers and bad people. I live in Seattle, where many of those wealthiest people lives, and many of the them are the most charitable, giving people in the world. Bill Gates is the most giving person when it comes to charity in the history of the world. Warren Buffet is giving nearly 100% of his wealth to charity upon his death. Paul Allen gives a ton to charity. Jeff Bezos is very philanthropic.

Yes some are bad, greedy people..... but lets not paint with such a broad stroke that anyone with money is bad.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
We have the honest billionaires; Bill Gates; the Google boys.

But then reading about the "bonus" people, and the absurd salaries CEO's pay themselves, and the pharmaceitical corporations...grrrrr......(the profits alone are dispicable);the wallstreet tycoons.....it's appalling.

It is certainly difficult to entertain any sympathy for them. It's great when somebody strikes it rich the old-fashioned way. But now, just dipping, and stealing in some kind of psycho-greed-frenzy. It's criminal. I wish they would put them in jail. I truely do. To skim so much from the middle class until you make yourself obscenely rich....it's amoral/immoral/and criminal.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
We have the honest billionaires; Bill Gates; the Google boys.

But then reading about the "bonus" people, and the absurd salaries CEO's pay themselves, and the pharmaceitical corporations...grrrrr......(the profits alone are dispicable);the wallstreet tycoons.....it's appalling.

It is certainly difficult to entertain any sympathy for them. It's great when somebody strikes it rich the old-fashioned way. But now, just dipping, and stealing in some kind of psycho-greed-frenzy. It's criminal. I wish they would put them in jail. I truely do. To skim so much from the middle class until you make yourself obscenely rich....it's amoral/immoral/and criminal.

Many of them do deserve jail. Some are very greedy, bad people. I am just hoping that we have not gotten to a place where is you are successful and have done well, its assumed you are a greedy, bad person. Success and money also free people up to do amazing charitable work, and change other people's lives for the better. Not every rich person is evil....

top topics

join