It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mysterious Doll that Aged In the Attic

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
This little article freaked me out! particularly the photograph

"The doll had aged and now had the face of a very old person. The skin was drawn back to an almost zombie like, or even mummified appearance. What makes it more unnerving to look at are the human qualities of it, particularly those eyes which appear to be staring straight at you.

What had caused this? Had, as the Express suggested “demonic forces set to work”?"

LINK TO ARTICLE

Any one heard of this before?

[edit on 30-9-2009 by suziwong]

[edit on 30-9-2009 by suziwong]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I have never heard of this but it does sound quite interesting. Where did you see this article? I would love to read it. While I've never heard a story of a doll aging, my cousin Georgia had a doll that came back everytime she or my uncle threw it away. Eventually it didn't come back, however, a few months later it appeared in a photograph of my whole family (well the family I have in Michigan). Its really creepy.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Apologies - added the link in the OP x

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by kingoftheworld
I have never heard of this but it does sound quite interesting. Where did you see this article? I would love to read it. While I've never heard a story of a doll aging, my cousin Georgia had a doll that came back everytime she or my uncle threw it away. Eventually it didn't come back, however, a few months later it appeared in a photograph of my whole family (well the family I have in Michigan). Its really creepy.

oooo cool. where in MI? I'm in Ypsilanti so that is interesting.
also, dolls are scary as hell. ever since I saw the Talkie Tina twilight zone rerun as a kid. But I didnt see a before pic of the doll, did I miss something?

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Totalstranger

The picture and where I lived was in Eastpointe, off of 9 Mile and Gratiot.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Any chance of some pics?

As my work pc ain't letting the picture in the OP come up.

Ta muchly..

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Found another link here which you may be able to open

LINK TO DAILY EXPRESS

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Nice story. I do however wish there was a before and after shot. Still spooky though thanks for sharing.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
It looks like a carved piece of wood to me, or maybe some clay.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Im the first to believe in haunted dolls, because Ive witnessed it myself.
But id like to play devils advocate

In all likely hood- this doll had a leather face, and after being kept in a moist/dry attic space- the leather might have shrunken like that of a raison- leaving the appearance of an old person.

Now if the face was plastic, or wood- then that is a different story!

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
You hear that sound?
That is the sound of PT Barnum laughing in his grave.

However, this is a fun campfire story for the Halloween season.

Ever since I saw the clown doll go wild in "Poltergeist" when I was a kid I have disliked dolls and clowns. Including the doll that looked like George's mom in a 'Seinfeld' episode.

[edit on 30-9-2009 by jibeho]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5225b296b686.jpg[/atsimg]

I don't know why, but this picture really freaks me out.

Something about the eyes...

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Thats rather interesting. I can't help but wonder how something like this happened. Maybe some lost spirit or something. I'm not sure but it is interesting still. Maybe it was due to the atmosphere of the attic.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
SWEET! I love stories about haunted or demonic dolls.
I find some of the stories fascinating. This is one I had not seen before. It is very creepy indeed. The doll looks like an aged human! WTH! I do believe spirits are able to attach themselves to things like dolls and I also believe evil beings are able to do the same. This makes me think of Robert the Doll that is in the Keys. I want to do a thread on him after I go there. Halloween time is the BEST time to see Robert. My friend and I are going to go but she refuses to even look at him. Its interesting what people have said about Robert and his history alone is a bit out there and spooky but I believe there is something not right about Robert. Many think that Robert is ugly but I think its a cute aged doll...They say you should never insult Robert
I will be sure to follow the rules when I go visit him. I dont need any bad luck

S&F!

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I watched a documentary in this a long time ago.

I can not remember the story, but they say the doll is possessed. Something to do with a couple, and the man died and possess the doll. I can remember.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by suziwong

OK.... that face looks like it's been mashed and squeezed and even *painted* into an "old" face. And we don't even get to see the doll as it once was?

They don't even tell what material it was made of!

I read "The Picture of Dorian Grey" when I was fourteen or fifteen. It was very impressive. I guess some people never grow out of the literature they read.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ethereal Gargoyle
I read "The Picture of Dorian Grey" when I was fourteen or fifteen. It was very impressive. I guess some people never grow out of the literature they read.

In that vein, we should therefore only worry ourselves if the doll's owner hasn't aged at all in the past 11 years.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Was it a spirit ? a demon ?? no, unfortunately it was probably a scam to make some money, just like the Jesus pancake.

Notice how the family goes " unnamed" and after they give it away it is " sold for a considerable amount of money"

Don't let the need to beleive blind you from the obvious, down to earth, and unfortunate truth.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by tribewilder
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5225b296b686.jpg[/atsimg]

I think I can take em!

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Hate dolls and clowns, something not right about them. Having said that i think it might be a hoax. I for one would have taken more pics. Looks more like some sort of viral email could be a pic of a movie doll with a fake story to back it up. I'll reserve judgment till i see more evidence.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join