It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mysterious Doll that Aged In the Attic

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

You're right most likely a Hoax.

I still think I can take it!

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Darn, why didn't I think of that. I could have sold a dozen of my sisters wrinkled old dolls from the attic on ebay for thousands.

BTW - Barbie never ages

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   

You're right most likely a Hoax.

Most likely... ?

(N.B. I am not laughing at you.)

That IS a scary story - on very many levels...

[edit on 4-10-2009 by Vanitas]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by tribewilder
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5225b296b686.jpg[/atsimg]

I don't know why, but this picture really freaks me out.

Something about the eyes...

Yeah, that's pretty bad ... do not do that to me again!!!

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I have a question.

If the baby was up there for 11 years then why is it an old person and not a preteen?

Unless its 11 in dog years, then I can see why it would be an old person.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by tribewilder

This picture most likely freaks you and everyone else out because IMO we are looking, sadly, at a true corpse of someone.

This story has been perpetuated using a photograph of a real corpse, look closely at the nose, and lips, even if it were made of leather, no doll looks like that. Dolls noses are not formed this way, for crying out loud it even looks jewish! (No racist meaning here, I am serious!)

On another note, I have a cousin who works in the funeral business, the owners he works for have passed down their location for generations, so the building has been used for this purpose for well over 100 years. Anyway 2 of the brothers broke from tradition in a fight over a winning lotto ticket and were splitting up the business, as my cousin helped one of them move his things they came across a box on a shelf in a closet in the basement. Inside the box was the corpse of a baby, it had mummified somehow and continued to grow it's hair and nails, he said the hair was about 10 inches long and it's nails were about 2 inches long. No one knew the identity of the child or how it wound up store there, there was specutlation that it was either an orphan who died or victim of tuberculosis, because through the years situations had arisen such as those, where burial was delayed, but ususally would have taken place as soon as funding was located for it.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Urgh, Id take that thing back to toys'r'us for a refund if it turned out like that!

Looks suspiciously like donnatella versace to me anyway

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   

This story has been perpetuated using a photograph of a real corpse, look closely at the nose, and lips, even if it were made of leather, no doll looks like that. Dolls noses are not formed this way, for crying out loud it even looks jewish! (No racist meaning here, I am serious!)
reply to post by space cadet

Yeah, I agree. It's a good story. I love getting the creeps just as much as the next person, but you can even see the thing's nasal bone! I'm pretty sure dolls don't have those.

The eyes are weird though. Would a real mummy have eyes that still look "alive"?

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
www.touregypt.net...

Sroll down and look at the woman mummified in this link, you will see one of her eyes clearly and the state of her remains are even similar to the one in this 'story'.

[edit on 6-10-2009 by space cadet]

edit to fix link

[edit on 6-10-2009 by space cadet]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

Oh wow, you're right! I didn't know eyes preserve so well. The "doll" very well could be a mummified human. It doesn't look very doll-like at all.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by tribewilder

is that the doll, because that is really freaky
i never have like dolls they have always freaked me out

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Hmm, see I'm not quite sure what to think. I do believe in haunted dolls, or at least projecting our energies into them as they appear so human, so similar to us, but that doll looks carved. Not the freakiest doll I've seen, but definitely a strange thing to create. Some people just get bored, I think, and that's where these stories come from.

"Wouldn't it be freaky if that old doll was living up in the attic, like getting old and stuff and eating mice??"

"Whoah, yeah freaky...think Lionsgate will make it into a movie?"

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
i agree with the latest claims although i hope i am wrong. but i think its also a mummified human. looks too real!!

btw there are way too many ppl posting "smilies" on here...

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
It is an easy explaination if the doll is plastic.

The attic would heat up during the day into the zone where the plastic warped due to the heat. Over time the plastic takes on the appearance of aging because it heats up then cools down, heats up and cools down etc.

I've seen it happen before to black plastic molding around houses. Since it is black, it heats up to the point of warping.

That's just my take on what happened here.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
maybe it got woodworm

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: suziwong

I'm pretty sure this is an old Creepy Pasta that has been made to resemble a real news story and other websites and blogs fell for it. There's very little solid information about it, such as the owner's name or the doll's previous condition, ect. The story coincidentally started to circulate in 2009, at a time when there was a 4chan "competition" to see how many Creepy Pastas could be made so elaborately (i.e. videos and pictures) that Paranormal research sights would be duped into believing it's fact.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join