It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Trade Center Steel Hauled Back to New York

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I find myself finding it very hard to believe that this would even be the same stuff.....
an elaborate hoax by the elite to try and make the 9/11 truth look crazy??

who or what caused this to happen

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   
This is bizarre

8 years later and it is being hauled back to be tested. What was wrong with testing it at the location which they stored it? Why move it around?

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Some of that steel was used to build a navy ship. Sorry, but I think that's really bad karma. I know it sounds silly but I wouldn't want to use anything or depend on anything that was involved in the deaths of so many people in such a terrifying way.

Bad karma.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
I am VERY interested in seeing what will come to light if anything about this.

It's not being hauled back for an investigation. It's being returned to New York AFTER NIST's investigation. They're going to use it in the memorial. There's a hundred articles saying what I just said and ZERO saying what the OP said.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by HotDogNoBun
Two things.
1. The government stored some of the steel away in a warehouse somewhere.
2. I bet they dont find anything but the steel failed from the damage of the impacts and fires started when the planes hit them.

Or they'll say the steel was inferior somehow and that's why they collapsed so easily, in a manner that just happened to look like a controlled demo...end of story...or so they'll say

[edit on 9/30/2009 by AnonymousMoose]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I knew they had some of the steel stored in a hangar at JFK. This is the first time I have heard that NIST had moved some steel to DC for investigation.

Seems suspicious to me. Why move the steel to DC? Why make such a spectacle of returning the steel to NY. How come I have never heard of this investigation before and these samples until today?

There may be perfectly good answers to my questions but I won't hold my breath.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by andrewh7

seems pretty clear to me that the linked article says nothing about an investigation.

it would be nice if they let some science students have a go at the steel, before they memorialize it.

fat chance. however, maybe if that petition for reinvestigation takes hold in new york, they will be FORCED to let some skeptical scientists inspect the steel.

even, then, though, the steel they have is already pre-selected from the aftermath, so, probably will show no or very few signs of demolition, even 'if' demolition is what happened.

i think all the steel that went to china was the steel that needed to be inspected. probably looks like a tree eaten by termites.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Maybe its in prepatation for the NYCCAN investigation like people comment on www.911blogger.com...

what areas will NYCCAN investigate? I think NYCCAN will be a hearing like the 9/11 commision?

There is still hope for a new 9/11 investigation, the judge seemed open for a new investigation...

September 29 hearing.... nyccan.org... !!!!

The Judge proceeded to invite discourse on why an investigation was needed. When McMahon raised as an example the 9/11 Commission’s omission of the collapse of Building 7 from its final report, the Judge replied in puzzlement, “Building what?”

When asked by the Judge whether or not there has been an investigation into 9/11 by New York City authorities, Steve Kitzinger, the City’s lawyer, replied, “It’s irrelevant”, to which the packed courtroom was loudly disdainful, some openly laughing in disbelief. At which point Mr. Kitzinger prevailed upon Judge Lehner to quiet the crowd, which the Judge did.

With order restored, the Judge again asked Kitzinger if the City had done anything to investigate 9/11. Kitzinger flatly responded, “No.”

“The City never did anything?” retorted the Judge in disbelief. Nothing, Kitzinger admitted.

As part of his unrelenting attack on the NYC CAN petition, Kitzinger repeatedly alluded to the proposed commission’s intention to investigate national security matters beyond its jurisdiction such as “intelligence failures”. A simple reading of the petition shows such assertions to be completely unfounded.

Later, Judge Lehner seemed unimpressed by Kitzinger’s argument pertaining to the limited jurisdiction of New York City to investigate 9/11, on the grounds of inherent limits to a municipality’s subpoena power. “You can investigate anything, can’t you?” the Judge asked rhetorically. “Because somebody may have jurisdiction over certain witnesses doesn’t mean you can’t have a commission.”

On the complicated question of the commission being a privately funded entity but still having subpoena power granted under the auspices of New York City government, the Judge made comments that gave the Petitioners hope for a favorable ruling. “You want a law that says this private commission shall have the right to subpoena people?” To which McMahon assented. Offering similar examples, the Judge noted, “A private lawyer can issue subpoenas… a lawyer issues [subpoenas] in connection with an action [during] litigation in court.”

After the hearing, the consensus among NYC CAN members and supporters in attendance was that Judge Lehner is intrigued by the proposed referendum, and that he will give both sides’ arguments due consideration.

Near the end of the hearing, McMahon stated emphatically, “The citizens are desperate. We want to find out what really happened on 9/11.”

[edit on 30-9-2009 by conar]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Further professional examanination by metalurgical engineeers, and various structural analysis will prove just what the ruling elite want it to prove. Nothng more, nothing less. if they wanted it proved beyond a shadow of a doubt the steel was made of green cheese. it would be made of green cheese.

I think it's like"shades of the fox guarding the hen house" kind of thing. Does anyone really expect anything else??

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by SilentRunning

Originally posted by UmbraSumus
reply to post by SilentRunning

post by SilentRunning

Breaking !! WTC steel brought back to NYC for investigation !

Was that the headline CNN carried ?

Yes, the CNN Live Stream headline was : "hauled back to NYC for structural investigation" ...

Another recent highly accurate CNN report: "Coast Guard fires on boat in Potomac River in Washington"

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrpotatohead

I think it's like"shades of the fox guarding the hen house" kind of thing. Does anyone really expect anything else??

Yes mrpotatohead, I do expect something else.

The truth is going to come out one way or another, the disclosure is going to happen one way or another.

The people behind the attacks on 9-11 WILL be brought to light, this is a great place to start.

PEACE and LOVE...

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Desolate Cancer

Originally posted by network dude
what they should be studying is the affects that brought down three buildings with such precision. Imagine how much the controlled demo guys could save if all they had to do is smack a building with a fuel tank to bring it down. Heck, they could even duplicate the WTC7 affects and bring skyscrapers down with a few office fires and some rocks being thrown at them. silly people.

Wait I thought it was official story that wtc7 was a controlled demolition? I was under the impression that the nyc or port authority officials had requested that wtc7 be brought down in a controlled manner since they were afraid there was structural problems and didnt want it to collapse unexpectedly and in an unsafe manner.

that certainly was what it seemed like. The only problem with that is a controlled demo of this kind would take weeks or months to prepare and set up. So there is no way anyone planted charges in there in a few hours. My thoughts when seeing it for the first time was exactly the same. WTC7 is said to have fallen due to structural failure. I think if it didn't fall, or fell ugly, as with the towers, there might not be such a stir to call out the official story. there were just too many things that seem more fantasy than reality about that day. The truth or at least the rest of the story will not be revealed to us in this lifetime. Just thin how long the USS Liberty story was hidden. And that was small potatoes compared to this.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
yea, but why on earth would they recycle "weakened" steel , or steel that was not up to standards to begin with to build Navy Ships, and new memorial buildings?

That makes no sense to me.

It has to be an investigation of some sorts, which like many posters already said will result in no traces of anything suspicious.

Where is the "Ground Zone Meteorite" housed these days. What was the explination for that one? jet fuel?

[edit on 30-9-2009 by Nola213]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
what kind of steel makes a building collapse through the path of greatest resistance?
Must be something profoundly wrong with the steel, any other collapse would tipple, not collapse down through 100.000's tonnes of steel with almost free fall speed.
The steel must be very very weak!
But they recycle it to build a ship, and the memorial building?
What is wrong with this picture?

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   

They're going to use it in the memorial. There's a hundred articles saying what I just said and ZERO saying what the OP said.

Sorry for possible misleading, but CNN said it. Not me.
So my first honest reaction was to inform us.
Not my fault if CNN now starts "foxnewsing" !

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
8 years later?

It seems like a forensic joke.

Why don't they just go to the landfill and start digging?

I don't know about the nature of the analysis they intend to do, but this is a peculiar practice - unknown storage conditions and chain of custody, eight years later, trucked like scrap - not evidence.

I don't think they are looking for clues at all.

It's probably to generate more bottom-feeding media revenue.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
It's the birth of a modern day, tower of Babel.

1 World Trade Center
en.wikipedia.org...
This article contains information about expected future buildings or structures. Some or all of this information may be speculative, and the content may change as building construction begins.

1 World Trade Center

Artist's rendering of 1 World Trade Center with Midtown Manhattan and the Empire State Building in the background.
Information
Location Manhattan, New York City, New York, United States
Status Under construction
Groundbreaking April 27, 2006
Estimated completion April 2013 (target)[1]
Opening 4Q 2013
Use Office, Dining, Observation, Retail, WTO
Height
Antenna/Spire 1,776 ft (541.3 m)
Roof 1,368 ft (417 m)
Top floor 1,362 ft (415 m)
Technical details
Floor count 109 (including rooftop)
Floor area 2,600,000 sq ft (242,000 m2)
Companies
Architect David Childs (Skidmore, Owings & Merrill), Thomas Boada
Structural Engineer WSP Cantor Seinuk
Developer Port Authority of New York and New Jersey
1 World Trade Center, formerly known as the Freedom Tower,[2] is the main building of the new World Trade Center under construction in Lower Manhattan in New York City, USA.[3] The tower will be located in the northwest corner of the 16-acre (65,000 m²) World Trade Center site, bound by Vesey, West, Washington and Fulton streets.[4] Construction on below-ground utility relocations, footings, and foundations for the 1,776-foot (541 m)[5][6] building began on April 27, 2006.[7] On December 19, 2006, the first steel columns were installed in the building's foundation. Three other high-rise office buildings are planned for the site along Greenwich Street, and they will surround the World Trade Center Memorial, which is under construction. The area will also be home to a museum dedicated to the history of the site. On March 26, 2009, the Port Authority said that the building will be known as 'One World Trade Center', replacing its former name 'Freedom Tower'.

-----snip-----------

A final design for the tower was formally unveiled on June 28, 2006. To satisfy security issues raised by the New York City Police Department a 187 foot (57 m) concrete base was added in April of that year. The final design included plans to clad the base in glass prisms to address criticism that the base looked like a "concrete bunker." Contrasting with Libeskind's plan, the final design tapers the corners of the base outward as they rise. Its designers stated that the tower will be a "monolithic glass structure reflecting the sky and topped by a sculpted antenna." Commenting on a completion date, Larry Silverstein stated "By 2012 we should have a completely rebuilt World Trade Center more magnificent, more spectacular than it ever was."[9] On April 26, 2006, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey approved a conceptual framework that enabled foundation construction to begin while a formal agreement was drafted on the following day, the 75th anniversary of the opening of the Empire State Building. Construction began with a formal ceremony that took place when the construction team arrived.[10] It is projected that the building's topping out will occur in 2011. The building is projected to be ready for occupancy at some point in 2013.

I guess that makes Larry Silverstein, the man that sold the world.

I would estimate construction to be finished exactly 11 years after 9/11/01.

Since Larry technically owned the steel, I guess he is going to recycle it too.

[edit on 30-9-2009 by 12.21.12]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   
The truth about what happened on 9/11 will eventually be told, and the perpetrators will be held accountable, and punished accordingly to the new laws of the New World Order.

A New World Order is in fact needed, but one that is ran by everyone in the world. No more boundaries; a world where everyone has a say regardless of your ethnicity, color, religion, etc.

We are all One.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by HotDogNoBun
Two things.
1. The government stored some of the steel away in a warehouse somewhere.
2. I bet they dont find anything but the steel failed from the damage of the impacts and fires started when the planes hit them.

The 200+ pieces of steel that NIST had, has always been stored in a hanger at JFK Airport along with the 3 'meteorites' found under each bld.

someone is either examining it, or they are going to destroy it so there is nothing left

[edit on 1-10-2009 by hgfbob]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Appendix C of the FEMA report documents testing of WTC 7 steel and calls for further investigation
wtc.nist.gov...

The severe corrosion and subsequent erosion of Sample 1 and 2 are a very unusual event. No clear explanation for the source of the sulfur has been identified. The rate of corrosion is also unknown. It is possible that this is the result of long-term heating in the ground following the collapse of the buildings. It is also possible that the phenomenon started prior to the collapse and accelerated the weakening of the steel structure. A detailed study into the mechanisms of this phenomenon is needed to determine what risk, if any, is presented to existing steel structures exposed to severe and long-burning fires

NIST says no steel was recovered from WTC 7 so they could not test it...
www.nist.gov...

Why didn't the investigators look at actual steel samples from WTC 7? Steel samples were removed from the site before the NIST investigation began. In the immediate aftermath of Sept. 11, debris was removed rapidly from the site to aid in recovery efforts and facilitate emergency responders’ efforts to work around the site. Once it was removed from the scene, the steel from WTC 7 could not be clearly identified. Unlike the pieces of steel from WTC 1 and WTC 2, which were painted red and contained distinguishing markings, WTC 7 steel did not contain such identifying characteristics.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join