It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Free Polanski" = Liberals gone crazy

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzyguy
Is this a case of conservatism gone crazy, no?

Pedophile Priest Protected by Church

How the German Catholic Church Protected a Pedophile Priest

Settlements for these victims of pedophile priests can't undo the damage

The Bigot/Religious-Right-Winger tends to repress-sexuality. In Freudian terms, extreme repression may lead to the Pendulum swinging to the opposite side and him commiting pedophilia.

Its an entirely different cause and motive than the extreme left and their "anything goes" worldview.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
It's amusing to see ATS think they know about Polanski and his life.

Oh well.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
i was under the impression that people who belive in the bible are very conservative in their liberal way of distorting "holy" scriptures

yet at the same time they democraticly decide who to be a dictator over in their tax free capitalistic ideology.

its just words

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

In terms of the approach to criminal activity, I think there is a partisan slant. If Polanski had been charged with clubbing baby seals, I don't think the support would be there.
There is a bias when it comes to interpreting the type of criminal activity. And this bias is political in nature.

At least in this case.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Wimbly

Thanks for posting all the apologists along with Videos. That kind of takes care of the claims that this has "nothing to do with liberals".

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
That may just be because she wants to get it over with and into her past,

She was paid an undisclosed amount of money not to press charges

but apparently she does want him to go free... I, as a liberal, do not want him to go free. he drugged and raped a 13 year old girl and he NEEDS to pay.

Of course you dont promote his going free. You`re a liberal, not an extremist.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus
but the fact that most conservatives would NOT support him makes this a partisan issue.

Exactly.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
So if Bin Laden can escape on the run for a few decades, than we should let him off the hook just cuz it was so "long ago in the past" and the victims are dead so they don't really care what happens anyways.

So when we finally catch him after the 30year manhunt, we will simply let him go.

See how this logic works out?

And don't try to act like comparing apples to oranges doesn't make sense. Apples and Oranges are both fruits, grow on trees, are healthy foods, bear seeds, etc. They are incredibly similar in many respects.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lillydale
Is English not taught in schools anymore? He is NOT A PEDOPHILE.

Up to now youve denied he is engaged in pedophilic acts, denied that it has anything to do with liberalism-taken-too-far and have vilified christians although no obvious christians appear to have posted here (much less me).

And then you tell us "We are not seeing this rationally".

No offense, but thats pretty twisted.

I really hate seeing that word tossed around at every man who has sex with an underage girl.

We´re talking about child-rapists here, not "some man who has sex with an underage girl"

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by j2000
The victim should be the one to decide whether she wants to go through this or not.

He committed a crime not only against her, but against society, and he plead guilty to it. She told him to stop, he didn't. He raped and sodomized a child. She hasn't recanted her story, it really doesn't matter that she no longer wants to be in the spotlight. What kind of message does that send to child rapists? If they hide out long enough, the victims will probably grow up to have families, and not want their children to ask awkward questions, and they can avoid punishment alltogether. IMO, the victim has grown into a selfish woman, to take hush money after such a crime. She has children of her own...

[edit on 29-9-2009 by 27jd]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I agree most people have no idea what the word pedophile even means. I'd go even further on your points and note that he couldn't be charged as a pedophile in most countries because pedophilia is not a crime, it is a descriptive term for someone either sexually or emotionally attracted to children (see Lewis Carroll).

The term you guys should be using is child molester or better yet child rapist. His true crime is rape and assault on a minor. And even then I don't know if he's ever had any other encounters with underage girls (if this was a one time deal as far as underage, he's probably not a pedophile... just a horny old man). But he's also a rapist who drugged a girl to coerce sex out of her. Not someone I would trust with children, myself, or my dog even.

Originally posted by Lillydale

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Yes, there are Republican pedophiles and they should be jailed.

What does this have to do with left-wing-activists standing up for the civil rights of pedophiles more than the rights of the children?

Psssssssssssst. This is for everyone using this word. Yes, I am saying this to you, other posters, and almost every host on those liberal Air America and Jones Radio stations.

Polanksi is not a pedophile

He was NOT accused of pedophilia.

He did not plead guilty to pedophilia.

He was not convicted with pedophilia.

I am not sticking up for what he actually did do but thanks to Dateline NBC, America has completely forgotten that English words mean things. This is not pedophilia. You do not call a kidnapper a murder and you cant call every rapist a pedophile. It muddies the water and makes it easy for people to become lynch mobs.

Leave this poor girl alone and let he just go on with her life. Why does anyone here feel they know better than the victim just what should happen, even if that thing that happens means she has to suffer all over again?

Look of pedophile.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
And for those who say "She could have easily been 28":

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5d06810bca43.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
He committed a crime not only against her, but against society

That is just ridiculous...

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I am liberal on most issues and I say keep Polanski locked up. Karma can be a real payback, and I think Mr Polanski is learning that.

I also believe, if there was a deal, the judge should of adhered to it. I would agree with the judge that less than two months in jail was not enough.

We shall see how this one ends.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
She was paid an undisclosed amount of money not to press charges

I want to clear something up. He had already pled guilty to charges. She was not paid off to keep from pressing charges. She was given that money because she was going to sue him for mental distress.

And for the person who gave him a pass because he raped a girl...you are truly sick.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Before any of you (including you OP) talk crap on Polanski, you should watch the documentary, Polanski: Wanted and Desired

After you become educated on the man, then you have a right to judge.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
A forum moderator using child rape as a means to attack liberalism is absolutely disgusting and pathetic. When all these republicans are caught with their pants down with underage boys I didn't see you screaming about right wing extremism being the cause. How about the Lawrence King fiasco that went all the way into the Reagen White House? Did that have anything to do with right wing conservatism? No it did not! Sexual orientation, perversion and practices have absolutely nothing to do with what end of the political spectrum you are. The people who are supporting him are his friends and the Hollywood elite, their reason for standing up for has nothing to do with Liberalism.

[edit on 29-9-2009 by DraconianKing]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by GorehoundLarry

I have watched that film. Full stop what he did to the victim was wrong. I take this as an individual issue though. If she wants it dropped then i think it should be dropped. It is the woman who suffers from this outrage, it's not society. It's her pain and her's alone.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jezus
That is just ridiculous...

Really, Jezus? You think that's ridiculous? That could have been anybody's daughter. Anytime a sick bastard child rapist decides to victimize a child, it's a crime against society. Sometimes, children who are molested and raped become so mentally disturbed, that they become child rapists themselves. It perpetuates a cycle, and one person being victimized can turn into many down the road. I try to stay away from these topics, since it makes me so angry when all the internet chomos come out of the woodwork to argue semantics of calling them "pedophiles" and declaring how misunderstood they are from the safety of their computer. All extremely transparent.

[edit on 29-9-2009 by 27jd]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
If she wants it dropped then i think it should be dropped.

I have to disagree, for the reasons i stated above. And also, she's not even needed in this case anymore. She made her accustaion, and he plead guilty. That part is over, she can't just drop it, it's no longer hers to drop.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join