It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Free Polanski" = Liberals gone crazy

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
a grown man over the age of 18, had sex with a 13 year old.

Not only that, but the girl felt afraid, intimidated and asked him "not to".

Thats called child-rape (according to one poster Im not allowed to say "pedophile" anymore).

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Originally posted by TravelerintheDark
Are you familiar with the Franklin Child Prostitution case?

Yes. Organized Pedophilia carried out by high-ranking people, apparently.

[edit on 29-9-2009 by Skyfloating]

From the accusations, key members of staff during the Reagan and Bush administrations. But their political affiliation isn't why I brought it up. I brought it up because I also see that one of the reasons the Polanski case is getting so much attention is because of his celebrity. Not his political affiliation.

On the other hand, a reprehensible case (the shelved A&E documentary can be viewed on Google video last I looked) without any celebrity 'merit' is swept under the rug.

My question is why are we questioning the opinions of private citizens when our own elected officials may no simply be defending but actually engaging in such heinous behavior?

The term 'ponzi scheme' has become very popular these days. I guess because 'shell game' doesn't have the same ring. Maybe it's time more people realize that we are all under the shell and being shifted around to protect those who would do us the greatest harm.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Lillydale

I am glad to hear that we can put aside our political differences and agree that whomever rapes a child, it is wrong. And that those who engage in this practice should be vigorously prosecuted and imprisoned for their gross crimes regardless of their political affiliation.

We are all proud of you back home.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Wimbly

Extreme leftists continually defend what is perceived as victimized minorities. Unfortunately some of these minorities happen to be criminals.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by TravelerintheDark
I brought it up because I also see that one of the reasons the Polanski case is getting so much attention is because of his celebrity. Not his political affiliation.

On the other hand, a reprehensible case (the shelved A&E documentary can be viewed on Google video last I looked) without any celebrity 'merit' is swept under the rug.

Yes, certainly.

My question is why are we questioning the opinions of private citizens when our own elected officials may no simply be defending but actually engaging in such heinous behavior?

Because the criminal activities of others are being discussed in other threads. Since decades.

This thread is about pointing out the tendency of the extreme-left-wing to apologize criminals.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons

I'm not some moralizing Christian Fundy.

Neither am I.

In fact, I would have let the case rest and forgiven Polanski if the "Free Polanski" idiots had not started their campaign.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Is there any other news source for this other than that dishrag the "guardian.co.uk"? Isn't that like referring to the Enquirer for "news"?

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lillydale
This thread is a joke. This is not a right/left issue. Why does everything have to be part of this polarized political paradigm?

Because this kind of thing tends to be a weakness of the left. There are weaknesses of the right, but why do weaknesses of the right, but they are not part of this discussion.

I have about 7+ threads where I lament the left/right divide and polarization. But this, for a change, is not artificial polarization, its a REAL reality-impairment induced by leftist-relativist doctrine.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Just let it go,
it was the 70's,
she doesn't care anymore.
She's 45.
Let it go.

Thanks.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
So, is it liberalism or Hollywood elitism that caused the "Free Polanski" movement?

If this guy was just some Joe Blow, he probably wouldn't have had a chance to escape, but if he had, he wouldn't be arrested now. He would have gotten away with it. The only difference between this case and a thousand others who sleep with a young girl AND get away with it, is that Polanski is famous.

Speaking for myself, a young girl who willingly sleeps with an older man isn't forever damaged by it, especially if she had already experienced sex with men. Violent rape is another matter.

I just don't think the cost to benefit ratio is worth making a 74-year-old man spend the rest of his life in prison for something he did so long ago AND that the victim wants to drop completely to protect her kids. If she wanted him behind bars, I would support her.

If that makes me a liberal, well, then, call me a liberal.

(I completely changed my mind in the course of this thread. :shk: )

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Orion65
reply to post by Skyfloating

I don't understand it either, I guess it's all about who you are and who you know. An "average citizen" would be getting public outrage, most likely even from the extreme left.

I'm not sure about that... In most EU countries (except Switzerland) there is the concept of 'prescription', basically meaning that after xx amount of years, one can not be prosecuted anylonger. So, I think if it was 'an average citizen' his US prosecutors wouldn't even be so keen on catching the guy in the first place...

From the well known Wikipedia site:
In December 2008, Polanski's lawyer in the United States filed a request to Judge David S. Wesley to have the case dismissed on the grounds of judicial and prosecutorial misconduct. The filing says that Judge Rittenband (now deceased) violated the plea bargain by keeping in communication about the case with a deputy district attorney who was not involved. These activities were depicted in Roman Polanski: Wanted and Desired. In January 2009, Polanski's lawyer filed a further request to have the case dismissed, and to have the case moved out of Los Angeles, as the Los Angeles courts require him to appear before the court for any sentencing or dismissal, and Polanski did not intend not appear. In February 2009, Polanski's request was tentatively denied by Judge Peter Espinoza, who said that he would make a ruling if Polanski appeared in court. The same month, Samantha Geimer filed to have the charges against Polanski dismissed from court, saying that decades of publicity as well as the prosecutor's focus on lurid details continues to traumatize her and her family.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Let it go all right at least it was a female unlike the other political persuasion who seem to have a thing for well you know ,

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

To be honest, I couldnt care less about the case, the victim or Polanski. Im fine with forgiving him and happy for the woman who gets $$$$$$$.

The problem in my eyes are the activists who are "outraged" and "disgusted" that one would get arrested for child-rape.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

Originally posted by spellbound
reply to post by Exuberant1

Let the arsehole out? The man is a paedophile - leave him in, I say, and I don't care what anyone says - keep him out of this world - and if you think he is too old to do it again - get real.

You didn't even read my posts before replying.

It is a shame.

At least READ what am saying. How could you possibly not read my posts and yet see them and reply to them....

You are on ignore. Don't reply.

Forgive her, I think she's just blinded because she feels strongly about the topic.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Well from what I heard this happen in Jack Nicholson's house and Jack's girlfriend was there. According to her the girl did not look 13 but could have been as old as 28...I did also read that he drugged her. But he should be freed because of the way the judge handled the case the first time...first he put Polanski in jail for 42 days in a maximum security prison and then after he came out, he decided that he wants him to do another 42 days?? That judge should have made up his mind on what he wanted...he mishandled the case terribly which is why I say free Polanski.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Sky, you keep saying the ['activists who are "outraged" and "disgusted"' by this arrest, but where is this being reported other than the Guardian (which, last I heard, was a tabloid)?

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

True, not to mention the movie with Johnny Depp, "The Ninth Gate" which showed his affinity for the dark side, including the plot line of an elitist conspiracy. Although I myself enjoy his films, having a penchant for the darker side of things...Roman Polanski is clearly someone who is very interested in Satanism, ritual satanism, and finding a way to bring Satan into the world, (i.e. Rosemary's Baby) It is kind of creepy that the movie he is known best for involves a "ritual rape" of a young woman. Another curious piece of the puzzle is that the rape of the 13 yr old took place in the home of Jack Nicholson. I'm sure Jack will say he had no idea, but he is also known for playing darker characters. Sometimes life is crazier than fiction...

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Please keep in mind that it's not right to paint an entire group of people as responsible for anything.

I don't support Polanski and I'm a liberal.

I don't like threads that attempt to group people in.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   

I agree fully. He's a child rapist and a coward, it's disgusting that anybody would stand behind him. He should fry.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join