It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our hope lies in the media

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
As a group of likewise thinkers it is generally accepted that we as conspiracy theorists are looked down upon, why, because the corporate owned media lies about us, we are called loons, we are treated with open hostility and to those who have not done research on subjects such as 9/11, or UFOs, are movement is represented as a group of fools and idiots which in turn keeps them away from researching and they continue to live in their boxes where the media, possibly the biggest single industry on Earth, possibly the industry with the most power and possibly the industry that could never be brought down by any sort of resistance, couldn't possibly lie. Of course we all know that isn't true. However, critical thinking of conspiracy theorys only seems to occur on the net, how can we think of establishing ourselfs with credibility if we don't spread out, my proposal is a critical thinking, new media network that focuses on critical thinking about issues.
A sort of Al Jezeera for the Western World.

I suggest you watch Control Room, a documentary about Al Jezeera (i believe it is spelt as such) and the struggles they go through during the Iraq War. While Al Jezeera show sthe truth, Western Network likens them to terrorists, however in the muslim world it is the single biggest news network, it is also respected by western journalists on the field. It seems controversy attracts people to different ideas rather then repulsing them, I propose a TV Network that will attract controversy from the corporate owned media, a network that will be branded as "terrorist" why? Because it presents people with terror from terrible truths, truths that only attack our way of life because they threaten the stability of or governments, not the people but the governments.

I realise this is a hard thing to do but I really think maybe ATS should branch out into the mainstream, weve got a number of documentarys and films on ATS Media and breaking alternative news we never hear about anywhere else seems to spring up almost exclusivly here. If we embraced our media and the durability of our members on a News Network and documentary channel we really could take a stand against the government and the corporate media. Morally, propaganda vs propaganda however is wrong, but in a world of wrongs perhaps a wrong can make a right if that wrong is for the right reasons.

I suppose the only other way to combat the mass media would be some sort of EMP that takes down all the networks, in fact an EMP would be the end of all our problems
But no that is pretty much terorism, I'd rtaher wait for a war before i contemplate destroying the Western World and all industry by reverting it back to how it used to be... Pliskin did it... Yeh this is one bad paragraph. I just can't think of a conclusion. I'll stop typing now.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Interesting idea, although I think a much better way to inform about conspiracy theories and the possible truths behind them would be if conspiracy theorists stop talking so much online and instead "infiltrate" the mainstream media, government organizations, and other places where TPTB have a hold.

In other words, become "actors" and spread information from sources that will be taken as truth by the majority of people. Imagine if conspiracy theorists tried to get themselves in high positions within the democratic and republican party and expose the parties for what they truly are. Imagine if conspiracy theorists got involved in the pharma industry and end up telling the whole world of the truth behind the schemes, imagine if the heads of media networks where conspiracy theorists instead.

The possibility to make change and expose corruption and disinformation is there, available to us, but we must act and "infiltrate" the main positions of power within governments and organizations. This way of acting would not be declared "terrorism" or a crime; it simply uses the system created by TPTB against their own advantage.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by newworld

That is true, however, as most parties that have tried to expose elements of corruption have found they are usually labled as extremists, I heard of one man who was an ex presidential candidate, I think Ron Paul or someone said he should be voted in, anyway he has been called an extremist and one of his beliefs is in the FEMA Camp, he released a pretty big analysis on his website stating his belief in its truth. Wish i coudl remember his name.

The only real way that anyone could inflitrate these networks would be to make sure they show no agenda or ulterior motives.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by InternationalistNoAliens

He tried as an independent, under our current system independents have no chance of winning elections. One must not show ulterior motives; only show them when one reaches the positions of power. This is the way infiltrations are made, you could even call it "spying".

Almost everyone who tries to expose corruption, lies, disinfo by the media, etc. tries to do it from the sidelines or uses sources that may not be credible to the rest of the population. The way to go would be to expose them from the INSIDE instead, I believe this would be the more successful approach.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Lets face it, the only way people will fully accept the existence of aliens is if they either show themselves to the press, or the government comes out with it. One of the two parties would have to do so at this point, otherwise nearly anything could be covered up with a believable cover story...

In this, the media is both the enemy and an ally. With something verifiable and credible, the media will be all over it (just look at national media reaction to the initial Phoenix Lights case, prior to the flare explanation being illustrated)... However, without such evidence, the "loon factor" sells more, so that's what is played up....

If both parties (aliens and those in the know within governments) continue to control the best evidence, the truth cannot emerge, as it will be squashed into oblivion on the occassion it tries to do so...

There is a ton of evidence telling us we are not alone, and a lot of it can be classified as "good" evidence (though far more is crap)...but we will need what most accept as "proof" to really burst the bubble...

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
your logic is wonderful , your points of veiw really well thought out , and I agree .

practicaly speaking... be happy we have ATS .

the world is quickly shutting down am radio , stopping free speach , jailing POV's that distracts from " the massage" ,
and lib/dem's run away from anything that appears in substance to require them to think on their own .

frankly , I love you guys .

...but...

great spirits always encounter violent oppision from mediocre minds

... or...

"never assume maleovilance , when ignorance will explain it ."
they are not evil , they are just stupid . don't confuse them with logical conceptualy sound thinking... it will only make them upset .

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
ok none of you are going to believe me but what would you say if i told you that i have full knowledge that the media is controlled by a secret organisation? i promise you (for what its worth) that all of the information i will give you is true. it all stems back to the 18th of april 2006 in the beer garden of a nightclub in southampton england called the dungeon. what do all of the following media projects have in common? ... rambo 4, wall e, hancock, indiana jones & the kingdom of the crystal skull, the southpark episode sniping it along with most of series 12 & 13 of southpark, the wheres waldo action movie spoof, freddie vs ghostbusters, heavy rain (video game), idiocracy, cloverfield, grindhouse... there are many more media projects on the list spanning music video gaming & other forms of culture. what do they have in common?? the answer is that i came up with the basic plots & directing... even in some cases directing tequniques & music scores. even the minor details of scripting & set design & inclusion & insight into theory of general construction. this will be a long post & i apologise but i have a lot of ground to cover. i spoke by random chance to a reprisentative of a powerful corperation that controlls the media & sells ideas for profit. he asked me where i thought the media was going wrong & i gave my honest opinion & shared every idea i had pertaining to existing culture & the improvement of it & he took notes. im not going to go into too much detail about who i am because that is not important. what is important that 1 man (the representative of this group put nearly every one of my ideas into effect. now i know you dont believe me & its proven to be very frustrating that nobody probably ever will but it actually did happen in front of witnesses & included participants in discussions. the media certainly is controlled & it has been proven to me. some time after that night as these projects were released into mainstream culture & i got to see them it was very surreal for me. i think the creative process involved though of ideas discussed in a beer garden turned into seminal work is one of genius!! like i said i know it sounds obsurd but it actually physically did happen. i guess sometimes truth is stranger than fiction.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Getting the media involved would not change much. Due mostly to how conspiracy theories work. Think about it, if the MSM was to cover UFOs and 9/11 conspiracy stuff and the governemnt started spilling the beans it would not change anything. Because you know the day that happened 100's of threads would sprout up becasue "you know the MSM/Government lie, it is all a cover story for what is REALLY going on" If anything full disclosure would only give birth to new conspiracy theories and make people like David Icke reinvent old ones.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
i can even tell you how some of the the plot ideas came about. eg grindhouse i used to ride to school on the bonnet of my friends minni which led to the idea for ships mast. if any of you do have any questions in referance to these projects or the people i spoke to or the night in question feel free to ask.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by drunknhorny

I am very interested in what you have to say, based on your name, the date, you registered and what you are saying i suggest let it all out now before "the man" shuts you up.

i used to ride to school on the bonnet of my friends minni which led to the idea for ships mast

Now why didn't i think of that

[edit on 29-9-2009 by zaiger]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

This video is well worth a watch:

News Media Complicity and UFOs with Terry Hansen.

"A mesmerizing account of his investigation into whether some of America's most influential news organizations, many having maintained close ties to the U.S. intelligence community, have willingly suppressed full and accurate news coverage of extraterrestrial related phenomena for a variety of "national-security" reasons.
Hansen reveals the remarkable and persistent difference in UFO-related news coverage exhibited by local and national news organizations and reviews the history of censorship and propaganda during the twentieth century and the evidence for media-government collusion over the course of the half-century-long UFO controversy.
Terry Hansen is an independent journalist with an interest in scientific controversies and the politics of mass media. He is author of The Missing Times: News Media Complicity in the UFO Cover-up. He has organized and moderated two symposiums about the science and politics of UFO research for the Science Museum of Minnesota.
Hansen holds a bachelor’s degree in biology and a master’s degree in science journalism, both from the University of Minnesota. He was a founding partner of KFH Publications, Inc., a Seattle computer-magazine publishing company. This presentation covers some of the more recent and important stories that have been suppressed by the media cartels and powers-that-be. "

Link:
video.google.com...#

Cheers.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by newworld

Newworld-thats a nice idea but I think the CIA may have already beaten us to it.

Excerpt from Richard Dolan's (excellent) book 'UFOs and the National Security State'.

In addition ,the history of the U.S. media shows unsettling developments,not least of which is penetration by the intelligence community.
By the early 1950s,the CIA had cosy relationships with most major media executives in America.
The most significant of these were with the New York Times, Washington Post, Christian Science Monitor, New York Herald Tribune, Saturday Evening Post, Miami Herald, Time-Life, CBS News, Scripps-Howard Newspapers, Hearst Newspapers, The Associated Press, United Press International, The Mutual Broadcasting System and Reuters.
In addition ,the CIA had major ownership over many proprietary publications throughtout Europe,Asia and the Americas.
By the early 1970s the agency admitted to having working relationships with over four hundred American journalists.
Consider the possiblities with four hundred strategically placed people throughout the mainstream media.
There is evidence that this relationship continues.

keyholepublishing.com...

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
thanks to all your replys, all ahve been very interesting to read.

Drunkhorny I think it is, based on your name and the date you made your account I'm not entirely sure I'll trust what you have to say but I'd like to hear it anyway.

I agree with the post that stated that answers would lead to more conspiracy theories, but in the end isn't that what keeps our subculture flowing? Even if some theorys are crazy, they are always entertaining, some are frightening and some are thoroughly researched and present a logical case that can change a readers view point of the world. For those that got the answers however the game would be other, take gratitude in the fact that soon you will be able to say Ha in the faces of those who doubted you, however, don't expect an apology from the mass media for calling us loons and the what not...

I'll tell you a story, in my Media Class at school (hypocritical but i love media class and it's by far the subject I get highest marks in) we watch documentarys, almost all of them are conspiracy theories and I like this fact because we view them openly and the teacher isn't bias. So far we have watched;
Koyaanisquatsi (not a conspiracy but alternative anyway)
In Plane Sight (9/11 conspiracy)
COntrol Room (Speaking out against the portrayal of Iraq War by Americans and the plight of the "evil" Al Jezeera)
Wag The Dog ( Movie about war manipulation)
War Spin ( ABout the truth of Jessica Lynch)
I thought this was great for Media and it became my favourite lesson, along with history because our history teacher teaches us alternate views as well. However, in Eartha nd Enviromental Science our teacher lambasted taht one of his friends was stupid for believing that 9/11 was a conspiracy, his argument was that "How can so many people keep a secret?" (Dumb logic, he clearly hasn't researched) before i could counter by mentioning the Reichstag Fire a girl from the media class who i didnt expect anything from (Popular, superficial) stood up and defended the theory. This proves media can work against the media as an ally. In ENglish however when i spoke of conspiracy I was laughed at by my racist teacher (she once told us she wrote to newspaper about a woman wearing a Burka saying " How dare she come to our freedom loving country and wear a burka"....hypocrit) and since i have been marked down on most everything (first term was getting high 80% now getting 50% cross amrked 75% by other teachers). Shows how the media works on people.

The media is like shepard herding sheep, if you step out of line you are branded a wolf, an enemy that hostility should be directed to, or a pig, belonging in a different place away from soceity. We need to take a stand with a new media and prenounce we arn't wolfs or pigs or sheep but people.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
um yeh. i wouldnt believe me either. i didnt actually come up with bonnet riding but i did come up with the idea of putting it in a movie. we never used straps though but we generally didnt go above 50 mph. i mean its worth bearing in mind a lot of projects were in progress & i simply added input which then became incorporated. i find it interesting though & relivant here that the media is in fact controlled by a group of people. i mean it amused me the whole in joke about "who invented the fishsticks joke" & cartman wearing a p on his baseball cap (my initial). i think though that i shared the information i have because it may be useful to you in terms of if you do have important information which needs to be heard the people im talking about are clearly who you need to find. as for my name thats unimportant here. as for the credibility of my statement i would happilly undergo a polygraph to verify that what im saying is true i mean i literally would. im sorry, i know you guys like hard facts where poss.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
oh an interesting idea i came up with that might inerest you is one called "home made". i got the idea after seeing sombody try to clone the big mac. however i thought to myself it will never truely taste like a bigmac even if all the ingrediants in the burger were perfect & do you know why? part of what makes a big mac taste the way it does is psychological. it has the official stamp of authority on it! in order to clone a a big mac completely you would have to clone the box it came in. now if we apply this theory to the internet which is one of our most powerful tools in terms of "home made" media with the goal being to cross over into main stream culture where it will be heard on mass we need to "clone the big mac". we need to study the media in excruciating detail & get all of the "ingrediants" perfect including the box it comes in. we need to study marketing stratergy & seriously hardcore methods to get in peoples faces.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   

For sure.
I have tried long and have failed at capturing the big mactic tase of that which is the Big Mac. I had a friend once that said he could channel aliens and all he ended up doing was sticking his house key into an electricla socket. Ford truck will normaly last longer that a chevy but you have to be very strict with the maintnence. My cats go crazy sometimes, but i do not really think wearing a tinfoil hat will stop anything.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   
i mean an effective "home made" media wouldnt be that hard to achieve since we have the tools at our disposal. we can create films with free video editing software. we can produce music with programs like cubase & fl studio. as for video games & cgi exactly like you see in hollywood thats easy! there are programs like poser 8, sandbox, cinema 4d, daz studio. we have the tools & that is not the problem. the problem with creating a stable media for ourselves is not talent either. the internet is full of young blood who have created epic work. however only a fraction of this work is acessable through a broad Google search & much less will ever see the light of day within main stream culture (beyond the net). this issue needs to be addressed so people have a far greater degree of access to what is out there without having to know the name of the niche site on which it is published. the problem is our media is controlled & it is done so very dilliberately so that the head of mass corporations reap the benefits. what we need is our own media where the content is not subject to censorship & we can gain global recognition in our own right. only then will our voices truelly be heard.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   

I think you are doing fine i hear you loud and clear. You have a youtube channel? How can i spread the word?

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

Zaiger-did you like the video?

News Media Complicity and UFOs with Terry Hansen.

"A mesmerizing account of his investigation into whether some of America's most influential news organizations, many having maintained close ties to the U.S. intelligence community, have willingly suppressed full and accurate news coverage of extraterrestrial related phenomena for a variety of "national-security" reasons.

video.google.com...#

top topics

<<   2 >>

join