It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our hope lies in the media

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   
no i ont presently have a youtube channel. my work is more to o with the formulation & correct implementation of ieas & for the moment it is best it remain theory based. youtube is interesting though & as a tool it is a very powerful & diverese one. it does have drawbacks though in that it is subject to a significant degree of censorship & has developed a culture of 10 minute videos & a shortening of attention spans. as for the development of the net into a more powerful & usable information source in terms of culture i have ideas for a couple of specific projects. ok here goes... firstly as i mentioned only a fraction of actual web content is viewable by broad google search. this needs to be remedied asap. what i propose is an underground web guide of epic proportions that is fully catogiresed. effectively a list of links to web pages that dont come up on a google search for that specific subject matter. this would give sombody who doesnt know the name of a specific site access to that site & would cut down on web space manopally by the offically designated ddddddsites that show up on search results. it would also give the web consumer more choice. another of my ideas is an active media cataloguing initiative by where as much general media is uploaded to the web as is humanly possible so people have a greater degree of physical access to resources in the first place. there are still films & tv series that arent on the web & we need a complete exhaustive historical archive at our disposal. there are more ideas ive been looking into in very specific ways also.

<< 1   >>

join