It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State lifts limit on mercury preservative in swine-flu shots

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
seattletimes.nwsource.com...

State lifts limit on mercury preservative in swine-flu shots
By Sandi Doughton
Seattle Times science reporter

In preparation for swine-flu vaccinations next month, Washington's Health Department on Thursday temporarily suspended a rule that limits the amount of a mercury preservative in vaccines given to pregnant women and children under the age of 3.

The preservative, thimerosal, has never been linked to any health problems, said Secretary of Health Mary Selecky. But a vocal minority believes the compound could be linked to autism. The state Legislature adopted the limit in 2006.

Thimerosal has been eliminated from most vaccines in the United States, but it will be added to the bulk of the swine-flu vaccine being produced to stem a pandemic that health officials estimate could sicken more than a third of the state's residents.

Pregnant women and young children are considered at high risk for swine flu, and lifting the mercury limits will give them quicker access to the vaccine, Selecky said.

"It's vital that everyone in a high-risk group has the choice to be vaccinated when swine-flu vaccine becomes available," she said.

About 15 percent of the vaccine supply will be mercury-free, but people may have to wait longer for it to become available.

U.S. Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius said Thursday that 6 million to 7 million doses of the vaccine will be available the first week in October, mainly in the form of a nasal spray called FluMist.

About 40 million flu shots should be ready by the middle of October, with an additional 10 million to 20 million doses rolling off the assembly lines every week after that for a total of 250 million doses.

"We will have enough vaccine to immunize every American who wants to be immunized," Sebelius said in a briefing. "But it won't all be available at the same time."

The vaccine itself will be free, Sebelius said, but health-care providers can charge to administer it.

Thimerosal will be added to the vaccine because it is being produced in vials that contain enough medication for 10 shots. The mercury compound kills bacteria, lowering the risk that the drug will be contaminated by needles used to withdraw separate doses.

"Every time you introduce a needle, you run a risk of introducing a potential contaminant," said Dr. Tony Marfin, state epidemiologist for infectious disease.

Mercury-free vaccine will be produced in single-dose vials. Nasal sprays do not contain mercury but are not recommended for children under the age of 2 and pregnant women, because they contain live, weakened virus.

An analysis published Thursday also found that the nasal spray is less effective than shots in adults under 50.

Selecky said the law limiting the mercury preservative will be suspended for six months and applies only to the swine-flu vaccines.

Once common in vaccines, thimerosal has been largely phased out in most wealthy nations. Children's vaccines in the United States are almost exclusively mercury-free, single-dose injections.

However, numerous studies have found no link between thimerosal and disorders in children.

Early results with the new vaccine against swine flu, technically known as H1N1, show it quickly induces a strong immune response, and most people over the age of 10 will require only a single dose.

The rate of side effects also appears to be low. Out of nearly 44,000 people inoculated in China, 14 "adverse events" have been reported, all very mild, said Dr. Marie-Paule Kieny, director of the World Health Organization's (WHO) Initiative for Vaccine Research.

WHO and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) will carefully monitor side effects, she said.

After 1976's mass vaccination against a different swine-flu strain, about 500 people developed a neurological disorder called Guillain-Barre Syndrome (GBS), and some died.

Scientists still haven't figured out why, but there has never again been a connection between flu vaccine and GBS, Marfin said.

Americans are often blasé about flu, with less than half of people — including health-care workers — bothering to get annual shots.

One reason may be that flu shots are not as effective as many other vaccines, offering about 60 to 70 percent protection against the seasonal virus. That's largely because scientists have to guess which strains will be circulating each year.

With swine flu, they know exactly which strain is involved, said Dr. Anne Schuchat, chief health officer for the CDC's H1N1 response. "We would expect the vaccine to be very effective against the disease we are seeing."

But will it be ready in time?

"Right now we're in a race with the virus and the vaccine," she said.

Flu usually peaks in Washington in February and March, but the new swine-flu strain is already hitting the region. Both Washington State University and the University of Washington have reported outbreaks, and absenteeism exceeds 10 percent at some local schools.

The state is working with clinics, doctors, hospitals and others to set up inoculation programs — and bracing for crowds.

"We are expecting high interest," Selecky said.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Another thread to add to the collective resources of ATS. I find the nasal spray kind of odd personally and was shocked when they first announced it. I personally will not be getting any kind of shot or spray or any other form of preventative flu innoculation. If worst comes to worst ill just hole myself up in my house and stock up on supplies, but I do not trust this vaccination. Bioweapon or not, there's to much information out there with enough negative responses to make me stay clear of these things.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
How they can just calmly state...

"In preparation for swine-flu vaccinations next month, the state's Health Department on Thursday temporarily suspended a rule that limits the amount of a mercury preservative in vaccines given to pregnant women and children under the age of 3."

Like nothing is really wrong about that, oh don't worry... we'll just be giving you a little more poison than normal...

Go back to sleep.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
What got my attention was this:

The preservative, thimerosal, has never been linked to any health problems, said Secretary of Health Mary Selecky.

What she should have said was this:
"Thiomersal is very toxic by inhalation, ingestion, and in contact with skin.
Few studies of the toxicity of thiomersal in humans have been performed."
en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 28-9-2009 by Paroxysm]

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Your thread made me think of this from the BBC. It is not directly related to the swine vaccine but it's coincidental they are emphasising that a vaccine MAY not cause autism. However...

[While the sample size was small and any conclusions need to be tempered with caution...

And...

The NHS Information Centre found one in every hundred adults living in England has autism, which is identical to the rate in children.

I can only assume the NHS Info Centre is government funded?

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Paroxysm

Thiomersal is very toxic by inhalation, ingestion, and in contact with skin (EC hazard symbol T+), with a danger of cumulative effects. It is also very toxic to aquatic organisms and may cause long-term adverse effects in aquatic environments (EC hazard symbol N).[8] In the body, it is metabolized or degraded to ethylmercury (C2H5Hg+) and thiosalicylate.[2]

wikipedia article on thiomersal

Holy...wow...that's some bad stuff. I just read through the wiki article, very disturbing, but yeah, it's ok to ingest (WHO says)...what????

Thank you for posting this.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I am pasting these excerpts from a ATS thread I posted because I think people need to be aware.

The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Safety of Exposure Standard is 0.1 g/kg body weight/day, equating to 7 g for a 70-kg adult. Fully vaccinated children receive as much as 237.5 g mercury from vaccines in doses of up to 25 g each, which far exceeds the EPA safety standard. Administration of the three thimerosal-containing influenza vaccines could raise this exposure to as high as 275 g mercury

The effect of mercury on the immune system has been studied mostly in rodents. These studies have revealed that subtoxic doses of mercury exposure in genetically susceptible H-2 mice strains result in the development of systemic autoimmunity

And this is about squalene

Too dangerous for human use, Squalene is not licensed for use in the United States. Oil adjuvants like squalene have been ordinarily used to inflict diseases in animals – for experimentation and study. According to anthrax vaccine expert Gary Matsumoto and other reliable sources, the US military used an unlicensed, experimental anthrax vaccination laced with squalene, with disastrous consequences, including Gulf War Sydrome.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by born2BWild
I find the nasal spray kind of odd personally and was shocked when they first announced it.

I agree.
Nasal spray is aerosol and aerosol can be distributed in a number of ways.
It's rather unsettling.
It also bypasses the blood brain barrier.
Also unsettling.

Good thread here - on the nasal spray issue.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Dear god people...

This is some serious business.

DO NOT TAKE THIS SHOT!

Please, for the love of all that is good on this place... it isn't going to help. It'll only be worse than going it alone with chicken noodle soup by your side.

I really don't think I'll regret those words.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Is it true that there is a form out there that you can give to your doctor that waives your need to be vaccinated? I found the form:

Physician's Warranty of Vaccine Safety

I (Physician's name, degree)_________________________, _____ am a physician licensed to practice medicine in the State of ________________. My State license number is _______________ , and my DEA number is _______________. My medical specialty is ________________________

I have a thorough understanding of the risks and benefits of all the medications that I prescribe for or administer to my patients. In the case of (Patient's name) ___________________________ , age _________ , whom I have examined, I find that certain risk factors exist that justify the recommended vaccinations. The following is a list of said risk factors and the vaccinations that will protect against them:
Risk Factor ____________________________________________
Vaccination ___________________________________________

I am aware that vaccines typically contain many of the following fillers:

* aluminum hydroxide
* aluminum phosphate
* ammonium sulfate
* amphotericin B
* animal tissues: pig blood, horse blood, rabbit brain,
* dog kidney, monkey kidney,
* chick embryo, chicken egg, duck egg
* calf (bovine) serum
* betapropiolactone
* fetal bovine serum
* formaldehyde
* formalin
* gelatin
* glycerol
* human diploid cells (originating from human aborted fetal tissue)
* hydrolized gelatin
* mercury thimerosol (thimerosal, Merthiolate(r))
* monosodium glutamate (MSG)
* neomycin
* neomycin sulfate
* phenol red indicator
* phenoxyethanol (antifreeze)
* potassium diphosphate
* potassium monophosphate
* polymyxin B
* polysorbate 20
* polysorbate 80
* porcine (pig) pancreatic hydrolysate of casein
* residual MRC5 proteins
* sorbitol
* tri(n)butylphosphate,
* VERO cells, a continuous line of monkey kidney cells, and
* washed sheep red blood

and, hereby, warrant that these ingredients are safe for injection into the body of my patient. I have researched reports to the contrary, such as reports that mercury thimerosol causes severe neurological and immunological damage, and find that they are not credible.

Theres more to it but I do not know if it is real or not.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I'll just say this...

despite the propaganda that says that vaccines do not cause autism, they very well freakin do.

I know from experience.

My son, who up until the time that he had one of his vaccines, was well ahead of the curve, suddenly went into a downward spiral. Within 2 weeks of having his vaccine.

2 weeks after his vaccine, the downward spiral began.

I am sorry, but no one will ever tell me different. I know what caused it. He now is irreparably damaged. Officially his condition is called Childhood Disintegrative Disorder, and is one dang nasty thing to have.

It was not long after this event that the news came out about the vaccine companies getting full immunities to any damage done by their vaccines.

Oh yeah. No one, I do not care what studies you throw into my face, no one will ever tell me differently. I saw it first hand. I was there, comforting him in all of his confusion, and to this day, look into his eyes and see what's behind them, and know just what those ... people... did to my, until then, happy, completely normal child.

ahem. Sorry. Just really... very... pissed off.

No. I definitely will NOT be getting this vaccine. Not for any reason. Nor will any of my family.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
This is from www.fda.gov... Yeah the FDA!!!

There is, therefore, an uncertainty that arises in applying the methylmercury-based guidelines to thimerosal. Lacking definitive data on the comparative toxicities of ethyl- versus methylmercury, FDA considered ethyl- and methyl-mercury as equivalent in its risk evaluation.

Several cases of acute mercury poisoning from thimerosal-containing products were found in the medical literature with total doses of thimerosal ranging from approximately 3 mg/kg to several hundred mg/kg. These reports included the administration of immune globulin (gamma globulin) (Matheson et al. 1980) and hepatitis B immune globulin (Lowell et al. 1996), choramphenicol formulated with 1000 times the proper dose of thimerosal as a preservative (Axton 1972), thimerosal ear irrigation in a child with tympanostomy tubes (Rohyans et al. 1994), thimerosal treatment of omphaloceles in infants (Fagan et al. 1977), and a suicide attempt with thimerosal (Pfab et al. 1996). These studies reported local necrosis, acute hemolysis, disseminated intravascular coagulation, acute renal tubular necrosis, and central nervous system injury including obtundation, coma, and death. (IOM)

This from the FDA and these people are saying that studies show it's safe!?!?!? Scary

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
The little tin soldiers are falling in line down to the local level. I'm still trying to put this into some sort of context. RFID chips, I get. A controlled population cull strikes me as counterintuitive but can be rationalized as part of The Larger Agenda.

Mercury Poisoning, on the other hand, seems counterproductive to any theoretical agenda. It's varying symptoms are too diverse and chaotic to be part of any choreographed goal.

The only thing that makes Sense is that TPTB are simply pushing their puppets to see How Much They Will Take. Washington state OKing an up in mercury dosages to pregant women and children under three seems a pretty firm confirmation of compliance.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Why can't they just put it in the form of red Kool-Aid? Maybe even throw in a free pair of Nikes.

They are making it so blatantly obvious that they don't care one bit about the welfare and well-being of anyone in this country. All we can do is keep spreading the word and hope that someone will stand up and be the shepherd for the sheeple and protect them from wolves that are closing in.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Sorry double post.

[edit on 29-9-2009 by NIGHTRID3R]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
No One is getting none of that stuff in my blood either.

But the nasal spray raised a flag. What if they see population isnt going for the bait and decide to spray us with it instead to get everyone onboard. Maybe a little far fetched but possible?

But seriously. Im not taking anything so is my familly ... until I see the death toll rise for those who havent taken anything.

This is also going to create a paranoia amongs civilians wich I see already. Notice when someone starts coughing in the bus or the metro the look the individual gets from all around. Next thing you know people are going to be pointing each other on who infected who. Possible witch hunt if you believe your neighbor infected your familly and as a result your pregant wife died. (Hope it doesnt get to this point ever)

new topics

top topics

join