It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria calls for Israel to join nuclear treaty

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Israel must comply with the demands of the International Atomic Energy Agency if the Mideast is to become a region free of weapons of mass destruction, Syria's foreign minister said Monday.

Foreign Minister Walid Al-Moualem echoed calls by many Arab nations during the current U.N. General Assembly session for Israel to comply with the IAEA's demand to submit its nuclear facilities to the agency's safeguard regime and to adhere to the Non-Proliferation Treaty. The treaty restricts any nuclear program to nonmilitary purposes.
www.newsvine.com...

The old saying "lead by example" comes to mind but I doubt we'll ever see that come to pass. Syria is on the ball with this one.

Israel keeps saying Iran is defying the IAEA and yet it itself is not able to comply with the IAEA.

here's a map for everyone to enjoy...Israel's known nuclear facilities
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3bd4a4ddf399.png[/atsimg]
www.atomicarchive.com...

Are we surprised?

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Israel is surrounded by countries that supposedly hate them? Yeah right. I think this whole Arab-Israeli conflict is just fear mongering. Lebanon, Syria, Egypt, Iran, etc. could inflict serious damage to Israel if they really wanted to "wipe them off the map".

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

With the exception of Iran, all of the nations you mentioned have tried. Twice, in 1967 and 1973. Not that I'm suggesting that Israel not come clean with the IAEA, but if you honestly think that all the Arab nations want to do is get along and have a big group hug with Israel, I suggest you pick up a history book... either that or there's a bridge in Brooklyn I think you'd be interested in buying.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Unless Israel is threatened by the USA (sanctions, etc...) they will not care that they are an obstacle to the Mideast becoming a region free of weapons of mass destruction.
After all, if Isreal's nuclear program is restricted to non-military purposes, then what will protect God's Chosen People from the evil, nasty, agressive Muslims?

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Star & Flag

Israel will never comply with the IAEA, they're Israelis, they don't have to follow the rules and if you disagree then you're an anti-Semite.

You know you're in trouble when Syria is the voice of the reason

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
The fact that Israel has nukes, clearly helped along by the US, is a major contributor as to why Israel still exists. They are not going to give them up, and given their position it would be ridiculous to expect them to.

Though they have some pretty sick bioweapons as well.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Um, guys? Any group of Muslim nations that attempts to nuke Israel out of existence gets wiped off the map almost instantly, and Israeli military superiority, such as it may be, will have little to do with it. Israel does have allies. It's a democracy.

The same idea goes the other way. Although Israel may get away with an air strike or an incursion with tanks here and there, it can't actually wage war against a country and for every bomb that Israel gets to drop on something it thinks is a terrorist, terrorists get to launch 10 rockets at an Israeli village.

It's not that cut-and-dried.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Syria is displaying exactly what makes us here in the United States such an attractive target for disgruntled peoples all over the world.

The hypocritical double standards of our foreign policy are shameful.

We protect an apartheid secular theocracy in Israel that's been bent on the genocide of the Palestinan people for over 80 years now that's launched one war of agression after another after another, and allow them to do anything and everything...

Yet if some politically, or religiously or racially unnaceptable nation so much as spits on the side walk we want to bomb them back to the stone age for it.

I hope more and more of the smaller nations speak out and end these absured, obscene and dangerous double standards.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Legion2112
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

With the exception of Iran, all of the nations you mentioned have tried. Twice, in 1967 and 1973. Not that I'm suggesting that Israel not come clean with the IAEA, but if you honestly think that all the Arab nations want to do is get along and have a big group hug with Israel, I suggest you pick up a history book... either that or there's a bridge in Brooklyn I think you'd be interested in buying.

The time has to come that the world, especially, the Middle East, has to sit down and form a plan, ONCE AND FOR ALL, to quell the violence.

Israel is smack dabbed right in the middle of this chaos. They have to be the one's to take the initiative to end this.

The next World War very well may take place in the Middle East.

top topics

join