It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Provocateur Cops Caught Disguised As Anarchists At G20

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   
While listening to the live scanner feed from the G 20 operations channel I wrote this on page 34 of the Live Feed from G20 police frequencies (Unscrambled) thread

Professionals? WTF? Most of them are professionals, talking about protesters. What is that? A profesional protester? The cop said it not me. Anyone else hear that?

I heard a cop say that the group of protesters he was observing were mostly professionals. Then someone else chimed in quickly to shut him up. Wish I could replay it.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Sorry, but i don't think that even the police are that dumb - they'd have a better idea about how not to look so damn obvious with their matching black outfits and masks.

More likely its a false flag put up by some of the protesters in order to create this buzz.

I'm not defending TPTB, but like everyone here says, 'deny ignorance'.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 04:52 AM
link   
I also want to add this for all those who thought that the snatching up of that protester by military dudes was a hoax from another thead, as it is related to this.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 05:14 AM
link   
I know it's late on in the thread but it must be mentioned. We are supposed to be denying ignorance, this generally means not making assumptions and avoiding generalisations no matter how counter intuitive this seems. You can't arrest people on a hunch like Bruce Willis just like we shouldn't assume these guys are provocateur cops.

There's no evidence they broke a camera. They were peaceful. They were more peaceful than the protestors.

They looked to me like UK football hooligans, just guys out for a battle not cops... I'm probably wrong though.

I can see these guys were out of place and my hunch is that they could have been up to no good but I'm not going to promote fear and sensationalism here, I'm going to sit back on what I've seen and not make assumptions in public (what I'm thinking on the inside could be different but I'm not foolish enough to show that here in the face of such little evidence).

On a brighter note: "Hey hey ho ho, undercovers in the black have got to go!" What a wicked rhythm, one of the greatest protest chants ever.

On a darker note: 1min 25secs, there is a lady swearing and becoming aggressive... this is what makes protests like these pathetic. Stupid so called anarchists who think they have the right to swear and get aggressive, she should be using her brain to wake herself up to methods which work and don't make us look bad.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   
gee guys, how many more of these public liabilities are we gonna stand for. they were to be detained for 72 hours. what the heck happend ?
they couldnt be Americans if they plan to hurt other Americans. you should have detained them... dont screw up again~!

after all, they offer the proof... we just want them to ask for the police back. make sure Alex knows they are there ok...

[edit on 29-9-2009 by Anti-Evil]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by and14263
On a darker note: 1min 25secs, there is a lady swearing and becoming aggressive... this is what makes protests like these pathetic.

Protests by their very nature are emotional activities. A little swearing here and there is expected. Gow up and get used to it.

Stupid so called anarchists who think they have the right to swear and get aggressive, she should be using her brain to wake herself up to methods which work and don't make us look bad.

Can you prove she was stupid?
Can you prove she was an anarchist?

No...

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   
You're surprised by this?

This has been going on all along. All over the world.

It is very sad indeed that we cannot trust our police institutions to serve us as is their mandate.

The police have been against the society they are intended to serve for a couple of decades now.

The ptb thinks that if they implement slowly enough, no one will notice, well, they are wrong. Quite a lot of us notice.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Hey man,

I'm not saying I'm averse to swearing and you are right, I have no proof she is stupid. I do know that protestors are under the spotlight... I also know lots of people are sidetracked by the swear words, taken away from the main point. If a protestor is intelligent they will be able to understand what works... because of public conditioning swearing doesn't work. As a successful protestor she should understand this.

I was wrong to assume she was stupid and an anarchist (I'm obviously using the dictionary definition, not the young persons violent idea of anarchy). It's just hard to come onto a place where i think people can think for themselves yet they don't. We see so many stories of police prosecuting under situations of poor evidence, it makes us mad. So i can't come on here and agree that these guys are police when I have no evidence and I can't come on here and not mention her uncontrolled, ineffective behaviour.

Emotions can be controlled, in order for us to progress we need to learn to control some of these emotions.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by and14263

And how can you be so certain your opinion is not an emotionally driven one?

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by antonia

And how can you be so certain your opinion is not an emotionally driven one?

My opinion is 100% emotionally driven... I didn't say it wasn't. Only my emotions don't slip through as swear words because I know some people don't like this... I use words like 'pathetic' and other things to stir it up and create attention.

Please, i am not saying I am not driven by emotions, surely this is plain in both my posts?

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   

And somehow swearing makes one's opinion illegitimate? I can take issue with your choice of words. Either way none of it is relevant to the topic at hand. Either those were cops or they were not cops. They look like cops to me.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia

I'd say they look like cops, but not provacateurs, more likely just under cover snatch squads.

The body language is the most obvious sign. Too straight backed, nervous while trying to appear calm and for a group who are dressed as black bloc anarchists they didn't appear very animated. They stood awfully close to each other too... not the signs of a rebel by any means.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

As a person who has lived around cops and soldiers for over 20 years I have to say you are right on the money concerning the body language. It always gives trained people away. I'm not sure what they were doing there, I can't say they weren't causing trouble because we've seen police do things like that before. I don't see em' doing anything here though so I don't know.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   

And somehow swearing makes one's opinion illegitimate? I can take issue with your choice of words. Either way none of it is relevant to the topic at hand. Either those were cops or they were not cops. They look like cops to me.

reply to post by antonia

In a perfect world swearing would be totally fine. In my eyes swearing shows a person is intouch with their emotions, it expresses true anger, love and passion. the problem is the media has conditioned the general public to believe swearing equals a lack of vocabulary and therefore stupidity. This leads people to disregard any comment containing swearing.
Ever called a call centre and used a swear word? They terminate the call even if you were swearing in context.. it's because they are taught to misunderstand swearing.
My point is the way one is viewed by the outside world... especially target audiences you want to have an affect on needs to be considered with total importance.

Yes, the issue in the OP is are they cops or not. However as with many posts a side debate has emerged concerning evidence. The one piece of negative evidence comes from the female protestor so I had to point this out. If people deciding if they are cops or not they need evidence to go off, this is relevent to the thread. Otherwise we will just be making assumptions on personal feelings with no evidence... in another forum this would be ok but in a place where we agree to deny ignorance it shouldn't happen.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
reply to post by antonia

I'd say they look like cops, but not provacateurs, more likely just under cover snatch squads.

The body language is the most obvious sign. Too straight backed, nervous while trying to appear calm and for a group who are dressed as black bloc anarchists they didn't appear very animated. They stood awfully close to each other too... not the signs of a rebel by any means.

This is often the reason cited as to why suspicious looking people are unlawfully arrested.
Have a look here for an example of police 'going off what they see' www.vancouversun.com...

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Except one woman swearing isn't evidence those men weren't cops.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
IF this thread was related to a recent UFO sighting/video, the burden of proof would be far greater than someone's uneducated guess of what seems to appear on the film. The rational mind wants more proof beyond the canned response of "those guys look like cops to me". Really?

In this case these three guys could be anybody. Hell, they could just be some curious locals looking for some action and an adrenaline rush just like the formal protesters that traveled a great distance just to look for a fight.

Looking back at the aftermath I would have to say that the typical protesters at the G20 failed to convey their message to the masses. Perhaps the masses in this country cannot relate to the typical G20 mask wearing, protester.

The protesters were very poorly organized due to poor leadership and waning support for the cause. The average Americans have fatter fish to fry, mouths to feed, second and third jobs to attend and mortgages to pay.

G20 protest was a BUST!

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Except one woman swearing isn't evidence those men weren't cops.

Not even remotely.

I'm pointing people to something in the video that wasn't previously mentioned... in fact this was my emotions coming through. I tried to control them and word it acceptabley but i couldn't let it pass. I wanted to open some other routes to view the video down.

I was pretty certain it wasn't too off topic to require its own thread, however if you or the mods deem it too off topic i will be happy to curb myself in future threads.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by v3_exceed

Ask yourself:

what's the point of undercover cops in general?

it's their goddamn job

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   

I never said it was off-topic. I don't control that stuff or really worry about it. I just didn't think it was relevant to if they were cops or not. If the cursing bothers you so be it, you can talk about it all day.. I don't care about it but that's just me.

As to other proclaiming it is irrational to determine if they are cops by sight..I'm guessing you never lived around cops/soldiers/first responders? Believe me when I say there are overlapping personality traits, manners and such.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join