It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Provocateur Cops Caught Disguised As Anarchists At G20

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+54 more 
posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Provocateur Cops Caught Disguised As Anarchists At G20

www.prisonplanet.com

Shocking video has emerged of cops posing as anarchist protesters at the G20 Summit in Pittsburgh, in yet another example of authorities attempting to provoke chaos at global summits in order to justify a brutal police crackdown.

Footage from Saturday night shows three burly older men who look completely out of place with black bandanas over their face walking alongside young protesters during a march against police brutality in a You Tube clip entitled “G20 Epic Undercover Police Fail”.

The clip would be hilarious if it was not so disturbing. Protesters walking behind what are obvio
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
well, what can I say, as if this was somehow a surprise. Either these guys are low-life protesters who obviously want to start violence because they refuse to show their faces, meaning they are the real criminals...or, they are cops committing felony on a massive level. My only question is, what kind of cowards don't even respond when you talk to them. I'm willing to bet they aren't even American since no American would ever do such a thing to their own country. Wait, I'm willing to bet they aren't even human. Someone better check underneath their bandannas in case they are actually cybernetic terminators from the distant future.

www.prisonplanet.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

+9 more 
posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
the disgusting thing is that they do this kind of stuff all the time. They dress up as protestors and incite violence ad destruction and who catches the blame for the police forces wrong doings?

The protestors do. Its a way to discredit a noble cause, its a way to incite fear and anger in the sheeple who watch their fox news and see reports that three protestors did this act of violence towards police or that act of vandalism towards local businesses.

They are pathetic, they go to the lowest lows just to win. They sell their souls to the devil to be on the winning team.

They wonder why everyone hates the police.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
It's not anything new. However, you will have many that will come on and say BS. Because 'cops' just don't do that. I'm sorry, but it does happen. The only problem I have is that the link is from Prison Planet.

Nothing new here. Typical provocation to disturb the protests.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I watched the video, but I think I must have missed something.. What were these three doing that means they were cops trying to stir crap up? They weren't talking, and didn't move much except to walk with the crowd. A guy at the beginning says one of them broke his camera, but we don't know what was going on to cause the camera to get broken or if it even really happened.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
The youtube link has nothing to do with prison planet

And it is a proper epic fail of undercover policing.

that's the youtube in question incase people didn't make it past the prison planet link.

[edit on 28/9/2009 by Acidtastic]

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I'll be the first to cry foul if I see anything wrong, but I see nothing in this video that says they are cops or agent provocateurs.

They do look out of place, as they don't seem to be a part of things going on except for the fact that they are there, but I don't see them doing anything that would label them as cops/agents.

Just because they supposedly broke the flash on the kids camera, well, they may have been arguing or some scuffle over something we cannot know about because it isn't documented. We don't know what happened there.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
The at the reaction, or TOTAL lack of it. If they were just ordinary protesters, they'd have at least tried to state their case. But these fellas just keep watching. Keeping an eye on who's doing the most shouting, who's most likely to become a problem. They know they've been busted, it's written all over what you can see of their faces

edit- at one point one of them even leans over and whispers to his collegue, he seems to be gesticulating in the direction of someone shouting abuse.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoony
I'll be the first to cry foul if I see anything wrong, but I see nothing in this video that says they are cops or agent provocateurs.

They do look out of place, as they don't seem to be a part of things going on except for the fact that they are there, but I don't see them doing anything that would label them as cops/agents.

Just because they supposedly broke the flash on the kids camera, well, they may have been arguing or some scuffle over something we cannot know about because it isn't documented. We don't know what happened there.

Ya nothing - other than the entire crowd walking with them (who would be the best for providing context...) are loudly calling them out. Granted, no badges were busted out and they didn't take any actions on the video.

But how you can conclude that these men were not undercover is beyond me. Besides being completely out of place in general, there awkward look, and unfriendly poses, they seem to be the only people in the area who have gone to lengths to protect their identity. Wearing bandana's that cover most of their face.

But what really amazes me, is how we have ample examples of the population being played like a fiddle, in a multitude of different scenarios... but people still tend to "isolate" these issues, and believe that this type of thing is not going on in a large scale in every aspect of our life.

The only issue, is that practically all historical evidence points to the contrary. How anyone can choose to reject the mainstream medias "presentation" of the world, and instead chooses to get their news from independent sources that reflect reality - then continue to be intentionally ignorant to reality... blows my mind.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
So, how many here are still in denial about what happened?

Anyone still want to argue that these were "righteous" police preventing "violent anarchists" from causing damage and injury?

Yeah, I think there are some members here who are THAT retarded. They'll be along in a minute.

Also, I watched a video yesterday that showed a line of Riot cops lining up to pose for a photo with a captured protester kneeling on the floor in front of them. It was like they'd been hunting and wanted a picture with their prey.

It was really quite disturbing.

And it was in the street, with plenty of witnesses.

So, anyone still believe that your Police and military will defend you?
Anyone left doubting that America is a fascists state?
Any person here still so deluded and in denial about just what your country has become?

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
That video proves nothing. Just because these guys weren't underfed twentysomethings does not make them provocateurs. They were probably a little uneasy about being the targets of a dude with a video camera. Hence the unusually quiet behavior of not trying to draw attention to themselves.

Proves nothing. We usually require a little more substance to back up claims on ATS. Prison Planet isn't exactly a reliable source. Someone points out a couple of guys who don't fit into the majority of the crowd and they are automatically undercover cops. I could look through endless hours of video from this incident and make those same claims about virtually anyone who looks a little odd in the crowd.

Anyway, it is an old tactic used by both sides but I need more proof.

BTW I find it amusing that one of the guys in the video saw these guys with cans of "O2". Oxygen eh? Commonly used by provocateurs around the world
I'm sure he was referring to OC.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

The worst ever 'undercover' cops. That was just plain hilarious

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
That video proves nothing. Just because these guys weren't underfed twentysomethings does not make them provocateurs. They were probably a little uneasy about being the targets of a dude with a video camera. Hence the unusually quiet behavior of not trying to draw attention to themselves.

Proves nothing. We usually require a little more substance to back up claims on ATS. Prison Planet isn't exactly a reliable source. Someone points out a couple of guys who don't fit into the majority of the crowd and they are automatically undercover cops. I could look through endless hours of video from this incident and make those same claims about virtually anyone who looks a little odd in the crowd.

Anyway, it is an old tactic used by both sides but I need more proof.

BTW I find it amusing that one of the guys in the video saw these guys with cans of "O2". Oxygen eh? Commonly used by provocateurs around the world
I'm sure he was referring to OC.

It's pretty obvious that they were up to something. Perhaps not cops, but an intel unit (if so, they were not very covert).

"Let's try not to make this too much fun, I'm old." That statement really fits in with the crowd as well. .

The can was CS2. That was stated pretty clear in the video.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by caballero
the disgusting thing is that they do this kind of stuff all the time. They dress up as protestors and incite violence ad destruction and who catches the blame for the police forces wrong doings?

If you recall, the Sûreté du Québec got popped doing the same thing last year.
www.youtube.com...
Nothing new here

[edit on 28-9-2009 by JohnnyCanuck]

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ancient_wisdom

they are cops committing felony on a massive level

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

What massive felony would they be committing? I saw them do nothing wrong. Some dude claims they broke a camera - but that is just a claim. Who knows what the dude did. Who knows if he is telling the truth.

Whether they are cops or not, trying to hide their identity - I just do not see what they did wrong? They are allowed to walk amongst the crowds. Nothing wrong with that. They do not need to be wearing uniforms or holding thier badges out. They are doing what the others around them are doing. So what?

So, what is the felony they committed??

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

[edit on September 28th 2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

they are cops committing felony on a massive level

What massive felony would they be committing? I saw them do nothing wrong. Some dude claims they broke a camera - but that is just a claim. Who knows what the dude did. Who knows if he is telling the truth.

Whether they are cops or not, trying to hide their identity - I just do not see what they did wrong? They are allowed to walk amongst the crowds. Nothing wrong with that. They do not need to be wearing uniforms or holding thier badges out. They are doing what the others around them are doing. So what?

So, what is the felony they committed??

[edit on September 28th 2009 by greeneyedleo]

Like you I don't see what they did wrong, though it is clear they were not protesters.

Any idiot can see that just from their body language, their speech, their actions.
They were certainly uncover officers.

I think the assumption is that they would cause trouble to allow for the authorities to crack down on the legitimate protesters.
Although that did not happen, it has been seen before.

And in that case, if it had happened, they would be criminals.

At the very least, and in concert with other video evidence, the police and authorities acted with violence and excessive force against the people of their city, and visitors.
They violated the constitution, they used excessive force, they humiliated, abused and harassed American citizens.

And all on the presumed "assumption" that a crime "could" be committed by a very small minority.

Don't get me wrong, I accept your suggestion that they had done nothing wrong. But in unison with everything else that happened over the G20 to protesters, it marks a severe turning point in American culture.

I don't think people should dismiss this so easily. America has indeed changed, and we are seeing tactics and actions against innocent people reminiscent of a dictatorship.
If allowed to continue without any response, what will happen?

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

In this case they weren't trying to stir much up. At least from what we saw in the video. But the dangerous possibility is there.

I just do not feel comfortable with the thought that the police do things like this.

JohnnyCanuck-

I understand this is nothing new, these sneaky tactics probably started with Nixon. However that doesn't mean that we should just be passive about things like this. Apathy is our worst enemy and unfortunately it is an epidemic in our society. Every one just passes wrong doings off because its nothing new or they aren't doing anything wrong on this video.

Apathy will destroy us.

[edit on 28-9-2009 by caballero]

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   

JohnnyCanuck-

I understand this is nothing new, these sneaky tactics probably started with Nixon. However that doesn't mean that we should just be passive about things like this. Apathy is our worst enemy and unfortunately it is an epidemic in our society. Every one just passes wrong doings off because its nothing new or they aren't doing anything wrong on this video.

Oh, I hear you...I beefed about it at the time in official circles, and I think it's due for a follow-up. Be thankful they do such a clunky job...or are they distracting us from the agents provocateur?

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
BTW I find it amusing that one of the guys in the video saw these guys with cans of "O2". Oxygen eh?

I heard O2 as well and sat here trying to figure out which one of them was supposed to be on oxygen and why he was still walking if it had ran empty on him.

In this case they weren't trying to stir much up. At least from what we saw in the video. But the dangerous possibility is there.

Doesn't the possibility always exist? If they really wanted to stir up trouble just to have someone to arrest they could go to any mall in the country and start looting and there would be some who joined in. The camera operator could have been there to catch people being idiots on camera specifically to arrest them later for all we know.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Its 3 college guys who thought it would be funny to dress in all black and attend the rally.Thats why one of them was ready to go he got bored playing the game. And there loving the reaction there getting from the croud they went home pulled out a joint and continued to laugh(or in one guys case maybe whip-its since he obviously inhaled from a canister and the fool there had no clue why). God have you all gotten so conspiratorial that you cant tell when someone is screwing around?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join