It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News: Brazil Declassifies New Set UFO Secrets Documents

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickyrrr
Why would several world governments decide to do this, relatively simultaneously (that is, within the last three years or so) if they don't really have any interest in the phenomena reported?

I didn't say the Governments did have any interest in the phenomena. In fact it's documented in both US and UK documents from the 40s and 50s that they were indeed interested and studying the phenomena, even though publicly they declared no interest in it.

However I'm of the opinion that Governments don't know as much about the phenomena as some claim. Of course neither of us knows why these Governments are releasing some of their documents in tandem, but I don't think there is any joint agenda. Personally I think it's more of having seen one country doing it and no one panicked, the others felt it was relatively safe to release theirs as well.

If I remember correctly the Brazilian Military had already declassified and released a batch of files before the French and the UK Governments released theirs.

Historically the Brazilians were always more open to the phenomena than, particularly, the US and UK Governments.

[edit on 29-9-2009 by converge]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
Yeah, this isn't "disclosure" nor part of a pre-planned program by some ultra-secret organization to prep the public for "disclosure". Such a notion is actually funny when you actually think about it using common sense, reason and logic.

Why do you think it's become a popular thing to do for so many countries if not due to a coordinated effort? Coincidence? Releases of formerly classified documents cost tax money and would probably not be done if there wasn't some pressing reason. What that reason is exactly, is anybody's guess, but we now have to consider why do we have a couple dozen countries or so declassifying documents, just because. The most economical hypothesis is one where only one causative factor leads to all the similar effects (the document releases) as opposed to a hypothesis in which a variety of different reasons lead to an astounding coincidence.

Your statement above is intended to discourage discussion of the possibility that a coordinated effort is leading to these releases by calling it funny, and implying it is illogical and unreasonable, in your own words.

So, tell me, why do you think that is an unreasonable hypothesis? Do you have a different one?

I will tell you what makes the discussions about all conspiracy theories laughable: it is when people like you turn the discussion into "the kind of person one has to be to believe XYZ" and away from the actual arguments.

It's the oldest trick in the book used to discourage discussion of controversial topics without having to resort to addressing the actual merits of the arguments being discussed.

-rrr

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by converge

I agree with most of your points, but I think that, based on the releases, there is a lot more that is known by those governments than what's actually released.

This is obvious from at least some of the releases made by the UK, in which a report mentions the existence of film or photos and the associated film or photos is not released. Similar reports released by Canada and Brazil exist, where the same pattern occurs.

Now, why would a report be released, with a reference to the photos that are on file, but not the photos? If the photos are as enigmatic and ambiguous as nearly all the UFO photos freely available, then there would be no reason to withhold them. One reason I can imagine to withhold photos or harder evidence, like recovered materials, is to maintain the deniability of the phenomenon. I think a case can be made for the hypothesis that these releases are coordinated, and meant to preserve deniability.

So there is something more going on, and there is a common method as to how these releases are being conducted where evidence that might be quite definitive, if it existed, is mentioned as being on file, but not released.

Once deniability is no longer plausible, then disclosure has effectively happened: in other words, once a piece of evidence hard enough becomes available that any former skeptic can be shown and be convinced, and that can be independently verified.

This is the extent to which I believe governments might know more than us.

-rrr

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Im not over excited anymore with these releases, its just the governments giving the public something to talk about and speculate over, do you realy think they would release the real encounters?? i highly doubt it, this is just to keep everybody happy. These cases will have been studied thousands of times and de-bunked by the military, government, mj-12 or whatever, then released as ufo sightings. Just so they look like they are not hiding anything.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Resinveins

I think it has something to do with a 'see how we go' policy.

They release a batch..see what the reaction is, if there is no negative reaction after a determined amount of time, release another batch and see how that goes/public reaction etc.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I m currently looking for the 90's report from the gov. The Brazilian Roswell aka "ET de Varginha" maybe will be include in that batch... who knows for sure but there is a little hope

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Right...well, releasing some of the files is more than likely just a tactic to keep things covered up...release a little bit of the more mundane stuff so people will stop asking for the government to release the ufo files, that way the general mindset is..oh, they did release it and it showed little to nothing of interest beyond some people reporting seeing things in the sky here and there.

Nice way to cover things up tighter.

Still, thanks Brazil for throwing a few seeds on the ground for us chickens to peck at..may the land of the rumpshake have good fortune.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Resinveins

I went to see a talk given by Nick Pope the English X files guy.
He said the reason things came out in bunches rather than all together was each document had to be looked at seperately and have names and other personal info removed before being given up for public view.
Hope that helps.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ontariocanada
Brazil and all of the other countries declassifying UFO document but have yet to see anything of interest surface on the net.
Can't remember the site, but, if you want them from the UK you can buy some files but they still have blacked out sections.
Prepare us for what we should have know years ago.
Be prepared not scared.

Great so idiots can "buy" bogus files, what a good way to make some extra dough...

Barnum and Baily once said "There's a sucker born every minute".

Then onto Brazil...

I've made it a point NOT to give any credence to reports from highly religious or simplistic countries...

These countries tend to have vivid imaginations and are facinated by pretty much anything.

The reason is because the Majority of these countries contain backwater farmers, and simple highly religious people, and that makes up most of the accounts.

how many times has a farmer said, "I saw sometin in da sky, it were weird lookin".

These dirt shoveling primates wouldn't know a plane from a car, and most probably don't have access to movies or t.v.

Who knows what they believe they see looking out the window under moonlight or candle power...

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brainiac
Then onto Brazil...

I've made it a point NOT to give any credence to reports from highly religious or simplistic countries...

These countries tend to have vivid imaginations and are facinated by pretty much anything.
So, do you consider Brazil a highly religious or simplistic country?

If you do, do you consider it more or less religious and/or simplistic than the US, for example?

These dirt shoveling primates wouldn't know a plane from a car, and most probably don't have access to movies or t.v.

Who knows what they believe they see looking out the window under moonlight or candle power...
Yes, I think I can picture the scene, with the religious, simplistic dirt shovelling primates, as you called them, looking out the window (do you think that they even have windows?) and seeing the large metal (do they know what is metal, or are they still on the stone age?) "bird" flying over their heads. I can see them running to their computers, logging in to YouTube and posting a video taken with their cell phones.

Seriously, what do you really know about those countries? In what do you based what looks like an extremely biased opinion?

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
As much as I'd love to see some hard evidence such as government declassified video evidence pertaining ET UFO's, I will still give this a merit though as a start of disclosure of UFO documents to the general public.

It is just a matter of time until this information becomes saturated by the public and maybe we will leap to a new level of available evidence.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ROBL240

Dear ROBL240

I fear that you take the subject of disclosure to lightly.

In my opinion it will rewrite our future calendar; right now we have BC and AD.

After disclosure we will have BDC and ADC. I also think we are not ready as a species for that yet in fact we may never be. By this I mean a significant event like a mass landing, not just the release of some dusty files that very few people over all even care about.

What will happen will depend on the news that this event if it ever happens brings, just bare in mind you may which it had never happened.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by nateandcourt

Dear nateandcourt

Oh dear and suppose they came down here and told you that Jesus Christ was an experiment devised by there equivalent of a high school student??? Just to see if they could start a factious belief???

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jdmjam

Dear jdmjam

Sorry to disillusion you but the whole bible birth story is a work of total fiction. The travel to Bethlehem the wise men the shepherds the lot just fiction to fit the latter story.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by redgy
I see it as God being the one, who created all life could also then supposedly have created other creatures which included these so called aliens, who in turn might have the same type beliefs similar to our own... Who knows maybe God himself is an Alien.
just because there might be other life forms in the universe dosen't neccessarily mean that christians or others would die of shock by finding out they are real. You can't say that aliens have evolved from apes either.

Humans didn't evolve from apes- evolution says we share a common ancestor

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
An observation:

It appears we've had nearly "full disclosure" (at least by an earthly government), but was has come out of it?

Is it appropriate to call these file-dumps "disclosure"? There do not seem to be any deeper truths revealed, rather they seem to be compendiums of sightings.

Exactly!

And, suppose, that governments don't possess any deeper truths? That they just don't know anything more useful than people writing in here do? No treaties, no communication, no scientific answers, nothing but weirdness and frustration?

Some UFO reports are undoubtably consequences of covert military activities, and hence governments may choose to automatically "cover them up" just in case there was something military involved (their own, or a competitor's). And if there is stuff in the "gray area", it's generally covered up because bureaucracies never want to look "dumb" or be hauled in front of some investigative committee whining why they didn't "do something", when they have no idea what to do.

Honestly, this seems like the most probable scenario to me. Governments know for sure some of it is their own flyboys, and regarding the rest, they have no clue.

If ET is coming here, then it is ET--not us--who is covering up like a burka.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
found an very interesting picture from one of the documents.....

[edit on 7-10-2009 by space718]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join