It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A new push to define 'person,' and to outlaw abortion in the process

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by A Fortiori

Why, whatever could you mean? *innocent angellic I-didn't-do-nuthin smile*

[edit on 1-10-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
The constant obsession over abortion is just one of the many factors that obstructs the evolution of the human race.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows
reply to post by A Fortiori

Why, whatever could you mean? *innocent angellic I-didn't-do-nuthin smile*

[edit on 1-10-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

Uh huh. Yeh.

Anyway, Children of Men, yes, excellent movie and relevant to an earlier point that I was making about necessity and morality. What would happen if the world's only pregnant female decided she wasn't ready to be a mother? The world is only going to become more complex and the decisions we make now will create (if it hasn't already) a culture we will be forced to live with in the years to come.

Based on my friends alone I can tell you that the moment people have a choice between an intelligent child and an average child they will make the choice for intelligent. I am going to write this prediction down on a sheet of paper and bury it. In two hundred years everyone will be intelligent, beautiful, and boring.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by A FortioriThe tree, the spider, and even the...what did you call it? Lump of cells? That lump of cells has value in its own uniqueness and its potential to impact the world.

Back when President Bush discussed the stem-cell issue with the Pope when he had to make the decision to sign the bill banning stem cell line creation, the Pope suggested that all of the embryos currently in deep storage in fertility clinics should be brought to life by other women who wanted to carry the children, and then put up for adoption by good Catholic families.

hmmm. . . so where are the pro-lifers protesting outside IVF clinics? I certainly haven't come across any reports in my time. Seems to me their claims of personhood at conception doesn't translate into action against it, and this is despite what the pope said about it.

You'd be surprised how some some of them start equivocating rather quickly into the discussion. . . "oh, bu-but the difference is in IVF the intent is to create a life so it's ok to kill the remaining zygotes in storage once the parents have a successful child". Tens of thousands of zygotes are killed every year in IVF clinics, pro-lifers don't seem to care about them judging by their lack if interest despite their claims on their value.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
"You'd be surprised how some some of them start equivocating rather quickly into the discussion. . . "oh, bu-but the difference is in IVF the intent is to create a life so it's ok to kill the remaining zygotes in storage once the parents have a successful child". Tens of thousands of zygotes are killed every year in IVF clinics, pro-lifers don't seem to care about them judging by their lack if interest despite their claims on their value. "

****Yes, and I don't see them standing in line volunteering to have the Zygotes implanted in them either.
It is only once it is implanted in a female that they get uppity about it.
Goes to show that they care not about the potential life, the only want to control the adult female, by forcing her into the Slavery of being an unwilling incubater.

[edit on 2-10-2009 by OhZone]

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by OhZone
Yes, and I don't see them standing in line volunteering to have the Zygotes implanted in them either.

Indeed. Heh.

It will be a happy day when fetal-adoption exists, seeing all those pro-life females happily taking the mothers responsibility away from her lest the "baby" be killed, and gestating the ex-unwanted fetus till birth. After all, as they say in regards to gestating an unwanted pregnancy for nine months, "it's only temporary".

originally posted by igor_ats
Seems to me their claims of personhood at conception doesn't translate into action against it

Originally posted by OhZone
It is only once it is implanted in a female that they get uppity about it.

Goes to show that they care not about the potential life, the only want to control the adult female, by forcing her into the Slavery of being an unwilling incubater.

Also correct.

Why does it seem to me they only picket outside buildings when they have the opportunity to dictate a womans sexual perogative and demonize her.

I guess protesting outside an IVF clinic just doesn't reward them in the same way.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Arguments consist of two categories.

Facts and morals.

We can not say each others morals are wrong, but we can say that an unwanted baby in the world will cause much financial burden to most mothers, which creates a hell in itself.

We can also say that up until a certain point (when the baby actually gets a brain and such), that they do not remember anything. Late term abortion is a different story.

We can also say that becoming pregnant and not planning to keep the baby is irresponsible. Just because it is irresponsible, does not mean the mother should go through life with an unwanted kid. If she DOES want to keep it, more power to her.

But you telling me I am actually killing a sensible being before the fetus becomes a certain age is not fact, but your judgment.

You may say I am making judgments too, but these judgments MANY agree with.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join