It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton believes theres nothing Iran can do, to convince the US they ARENT making nukes.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   

In the latest indication yet that the US is entering this week’s Iran talks very grudgingly, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton publicly announced today that she doesn’t believe there is any piece of evidence the Iranian government could possibly present which would convince US officials that their civilian nuclear program is “only for peaceful purposes.”

Clinton, who has repeatedly said she doesn’t expect diplomacy to work with Iran, then suggested that the Iranian government could try to “open their entire system” to an extensive investigation, though her focus at this point appears to be finding ways to make the sanctions against Iran more crippling.

Sorry, but that sounds to me like decisions have already been made.

news.antiwar.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
The decision was made to attack Iraq. The decision was made to attack Afghanistan. No amount of reasoning otherwise garnered any interest whatsoever. They want to attack, plain and simple. It's simply unbelievable to me that the US has invaded Iraq under false pretenses, they have invaded Afghanistan under false pretenses, they have bombed the bejeezus out of Pakistan pretty much at whim, Grenada was a hoot...I think that Iran has so many goodies that the US wants to loot that they will do it unless God puts his food down pretty flippin' hard.

I know they deny an attack is looming at all, but I wouldn't trust the US as far as I could throw them. It will happen, either by the US itself or in cahoots with Israel.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

What have we seen in the past?

U.S. asks for inspections, the inspection doesn't work out and the next thing we know bombs are falling.

Our government is just going through the motions with the U.N. and the IAEA to make the attack 'legal'.

[edit on 28-9-2009 by lucentenigma]

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Well, considering the planned course of action (whatever it may be) hinges upon proving a negative assertion it seems a foregone conclusion that we are already determined to do something.

The question is, what will that something be.

Attack? Invade? Allow others to invade for us? The potential list of offensive actions is endless.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Anyone seen the movie "W" made after Dubya's reign of terror? This brings to mind a line said by Richard Dreyfuss (who played an excellent Dick Cheney) who said something along the lines of "If we take Iraq and Iran what will we have? EMPIRE! Nobody will f*** with us again".

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
We insisted that there was enough evidence that Saddam Hussein was producing WMDs despite his assurances that he had adhered to both the spirit and the letter of the law as dictated under the terms given after Desert Storm. Despite his every attempt to convince the U.S., even acquiescing to International and U.S. Weapons Inspectors, even after neither of those groups found any indication that Saddam Hussein violated the terms of the agreement, the leaders of our government and military still insisted and justified a war.

In the end, Saddam Hussein was proven to have been the more honest one and our government the more dishonest one. That CIA-puppet Dictator may have been ousted and brought to trial and given the death penalty, but he still won the proverbial chess-match with the United States. He played our leaders very well and furthered the anti-American cause, dying a martyr for the Islamic Extremist cause.

And we are willing to fall for the same plot and ploy a second time with Iran. The United States has already lost it's credibility internationally with the Iraq debacle. If we are foolish to pull the same with Iran there will be no hope for redemption. We will no longer have a leg to stand on if we shoot our other foot. Still, our government is run by the idiots leading the blind, and it is unlikely that they will see anything wrong with further fanning the flames that will inevitably burn us in the end.

Ultimately, what we need to do is walk away from the Middle East and wipe our hands clean of the whole mess. We need to fess up to our mistakes and stop listening to Israel. We need to apologize for what our Government, Military and CIA did in Lebanon in 1969 and the trail of mistakes we've made since, undermining Democracy, overthrowing Democratic governments, appointing Tyrants to power, creating civil unrest, destabilizing economies, being indirectly the cause of Racial Cleansings and other atrocities and Human Rights violations, declaring unjust wars and occupations of Sovereign Nations, and making enemies in what can be constituted yet another Holy Crusade. Until we can do those things, there will be no peace in the Middle East.

(However, in all fairness, the entire world needs to have a Laissez-Faire attitude towards the Middle East and let Israel stand alone and have no other recourse but to go to the bargaining table with all of their neighbors.)

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Screw the war-mongering side of America.

Screw your foul alliance with the Zionists.

Let peace prevail.

Who let's these monsters run your country, dragging each and every one of you through the muck that they excrete? It'll be your children asking you 'why you started World war 3!'

Hilary Clinton is just another devil amongst a carnival of devils.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

I can't believe they are using the exact same tactics to prime the world up for an Iran attack just as they did for Iraq.
Do they really think we are that stupid to fall for the same rhetoric all over again?
Please tell me we're not going to (we the people),I wish I could say I believe that we won't en masse , but I do have hope at least.
In my opinion , the people of Iran with their Sea of Green peaceful protests,started the world revolution against tyranny for all of us.
I would be very disappointed if their bravery and stance against injustice wasn't seen as such , and peoples eyes opened the world over.
We should be embracing our brothers and sisters, not wishing the agonies of war on them due to the politics of their oppressors.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Invasion ?
You do not know what you are talking about !

If you were to send 636,293 of US soldiers to invade Iran, every single soldier
would have to control one square mile all by himself. 48 civilians and soldiers
would defend that square mile !

The US will already have great difficulties sending some more 40,000 troops
to Afghanistan as requested. Iran is 2 1/2 times bigger than Afghanistan,
where NATO is about to lose the war, they say.

Iran´s population is about 3 times that of Iraq !

At the end of the war against Irag, the US ammunition (like cruise missiles
etc.) was almost completely depleted.

[edit on 28-9-2009 by Udo Hohnekamp Lux.]

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
correction: 125 civilians and soldiers would defend that square mile.

new topics

top topics

join