It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Masons Revere Solomon as God's Son?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
It is taken from these scriptures:

1 Chronicles 22:
9Behold, a son shall be born to thee, who shall be a man of rest; and I will give him rest from all his enemies round about: for his name shall be Solomon, and I will give peace and quietness unto Israel in his days.

10He shall build an house for my name; and he shall be my son, and I will be his father; and I will establish the throne of his kingdom over Israel for ever.

Solomon practiced ritual blood sacrifice in the Temple he built for "god".
(2 Chronicles 8:11-13)

666 is related to Solomon and all those who follow his oaths.

Now the weight of gold that came to Solomon in one year was six hundred and threescore and six talents of gold;

2 Chronicles 9:13

The Mark of the Beast are those who follow the path of Solomon. The Mark Master gives all masonic initiates a mark on the hand and on the forehead. This is part of the ritual. Those who are participating in secret societies are the ones who have the mark of the beast.

Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

Revelation 13:18

[edit on 28-9-2009 by Alethea]

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
thats very interesting. but what makes u think they believe he is god's son? maybe its just something to learn about.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I did not say that this is MY belief.
I am simply quoting the scriptures that they use to uphold their view.

What was practiced at Solomon's Temple was a combination of many religions. It was not just Judaism. Solomon also practiced ritual blood sacrifice to Molech.

7Then did Solomon build an high place for Chemosh, the abomination of Moab, in the hill that is before Jerusalem, and for Molech, the abomination of the children of Ammon.

1 kings 11:7

Are you familiar with Molech? The Owl? Bohemian Grove?

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

Huh. And where do you see them using this quote?

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
It's interesting to see how deep this Solomon Cult goes into the various religions as well. It would appear that many religions are interconnected to these concepts of reverence for Solomon rather than the principles taught by Jesus.

Could this mean that many religions are involved with, or part of, these Secret Societies?

The two pillars, one sea, and twelve brasen bulls that were under the bases, which king Solomon had made in the house of the LORD: the brass of all these vessels was without weight.
Jeremiah 52:20

Now, here is the image of this artifact of Solomon's Temple found in a modern day church.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Solomon was Jesus's Nemesis!

When Jesus caused the brouhaha in front of Solomon's Temple...it was because of the barbaric ritual blood sacrifices being performed there.

When the wolf tells the story, and people parrot what they hear, it is said that the money changers were charging too much for the animals they sold for sacrifices.

Get real people!

Selling animals for sacrifice was a greedy corporate money-making industry.

Temples have always been cash cows....even today.

Jesus was taking a stand against ritual blood sacrifice. That was the whole purpose of turning over the stands of the money changers.

He was messing with their industry and their converts. That's what got him killed.

And it was the Secret Societies that plotted the most evil of schemes.

Even back then, battle strategy shows that you must take out the truthers in order to keep your hold on the ignorant.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea
It is taken from these scriptures:

1 Chronicles 22:
9Behold, a son shall be born to thee, who shall be a man of rest; and I will give him rest from all his enemies round about: for his name shall be Solomon, and I will give peace and quietness unto Israel in his days.

10He shall build an house for my name; and he shall be my son, and I will be his father; and I will establish the throne of his kingdom over Israel for ever.

Solomon practiced ritual blood sacrifice in the Temple he built for "god".
(2 Chronicles 8:11-13)

Solomon built the Temple to house the Ark of the Covenant which is acknowledged by both Jews and Christians as coming from God(the same God to be accurate.)

Ritual blood sacrifice was practiced by the Jews, for God, up through the time of Jesus at least. Read the old testament which is the foundation for Christianity and the new testament.

The Mark of the Beast are those who follow the path of Solomon. The Mark Master gives all masonic initiates a mark on the hand and on the forehead. This is part of the ritual. Those who are participating in secret societies are the ones who have the mark of the beast.

Source? The Bible doesn't make this assertion to my knowledge. Also the Mark Master doesn't give anyone a mark, the candidates create a mark as a signature for their symbolic stonework, a throwback to operative masonry when stonemasons carved stone by hand and marked their work so the foreman could verify whose work was being submitted, and determine whether it was sufficient to form part of the building.

And finally to answer your original question, Masons do not believe Solomon was the son of God or revere him as such. He has however been purported to be wise by Jews and Christians for ages. Your statements seem to contradict each other. You use the Bible to at once condemn, and condone God. If you accept Jesus as being the divine Son of God and the Bible as his testament, how can you condemn the word of God you quoted in 1 Chronicles 22?

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Confrontation on Solomon's Porch

In Solomon's Temple, he built a sacrificial altar for ritual blood sacrifices on the porch (outside of the Temple).

Then Solomon offered burnt offerings unto the LORD on the altar of the LORD, which he had built before the porch,
(2 Chronicles 8:12)

There was a special dedication feast held in the wintertime, as per scripture in John 10:22.

(I am not sure what this feast was, but I wonder if it was the feast of Childer-mass, which was celebrated around the 21st of December. It was to commerate the slaughter of children; maybe the "slaughter of the innocents"?)

Jesus went to walk on Solomon's porch altar at this time and was accosted by the congregants of the temple. I think this clearly shows that Jesus was not a participant in the Temple sacrifices and that his presence was unwanted there.

These people taunted him wanting to know if he was the son of god. Jesus said 'I've already told you who I am by the fruits that I bear, by the works that I have done.'

They taunted him further to "just tell us plain and simple: yes or no. Are you the son of god or not?"

They were looking to charge him with blasphemy if he said 'yes' because they all believed that Solomon was the son of god.

Jesus again answered and said "My sheep know my voice. My followers know who I am. They will have eternal life." He also made the statement that "the Father and I are one."

Now, it's anybody's guess as to what really set these congregants off. Perhaps the fact that Jesus was proposing that he himself could offer eternal life. Or maybe they thought his statement of being one with the Father as being too bold.

It is possible that rumors had circulated concerning the possibility of Jesus being an illegitimate child. Some historical accounts cite that Mary underwent an inquisition and that Joseph was a reluctant father. However, that is another story. The point is, that people could have been peeved that Jesus would use his rumored illegitimacy as a platform to say that God himself was his father was just heretical enough to set them off.

It was at that point that they picked up stones to throw at him.

Then Jesus asked "for which of my good works are you stoning me?"

They answered that they were stoning him for blasphemy.

So, clearly, it shows that their questions were not of really wanting to know; for if it was true that he was of divine origin, they were not prepared to accept it. Their questions were designed to entrap him and to justify their hostilities toward him.

The doctrine that kept them from accepting his teachings was because for generations, they had come to believe that Solomon was god's son and there was a grand temple to prove it.

It is still much the same today that religious dogma is passed down from one generation to the next.

-----------

Jesus had much to contend with as far as showing that the religious dogma of the Solomon Cult was evil.

In John 10:8 he makes the statement that "All who came before me are thieves and robbers." Here, Jesus is referring to the prophets of old as well as to Solomon. The prophets came out of the Mystery Schools. (and that, too, is another story)

------

So who really, was responsible for the death of this fine man who tried to teach people a better way of life and to love one another?

But ye denied the Holy One and the Just, and desired a murderer to be granted unto you;

...17And now, brethren, I wot that through ignorance ye did it, as did also your rulers.

(Acts 3:14/ 17)

The people chose Solomon and the ways of his wicked temple instead of the teachings of Jesus.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by tripletau

Solomon built the Temple to house the Ark of the Covenant which is acknowledged by both Jews and Christians as coming from God(the same God to be accurate.)

The Ark of the Covenant was a magic trick. Moses was schooled in the Mysteries while he was being brought up in the Pharoah's household. Much of what he learned came out of the Mystery Schools of ancient Egypt. It was simple science that was taught to the elite and Moses presented it as a magic showpiece called "authority of god". It was used to shock and awe the ignorant and to gain control over the masses using "fearful" magic.

You can learn more about it here:

www.ancientskyscraper.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   
I am appalled at the poor scholarship in this post. Solomon built the Temple according to God's specifications. This was not Solomon's god, but God who commanded Solomon to build the temple.

Check out II Sam. 7:1-13. In that story, God commands the prophet Nathan to tell King David that his son Solomon will build the Temple. David had wanted to, but God said no, Solomon shall build it.

You cite II Chron. 8:11-13 as evidence of Solomon making blood sacrifices to *his* god. This is simply incorrect. The text (in the King James Version) reads:

11 And Solomon brought up the daughter of Pharaoh out of the city of David unto the house that he had built for her: for he said, My wife shall not dwell in the house of David king of Israel, because the places are holy, whereunto the ark of the LORD hath come.
12 Then Solomon offered burnt offerings unto the LORD on the altar of the LORD, which he had built before the porch,
13 Even after a certain rate every day, offering according to the commandment of Moses, on the sabbaths, and on the new moons, and on the solemn feasts, three times in the year, even in the feast of unleavened bread, and in the feast of weeks, and in the feast of tabernacles.

All of these activities are *commanded* by God, the same God Who created the earth, etc. This was not Solomon's god; this was the same God as in the New Testament.

You are correct that the number 666 is associated with the Temple. However, since God Almighty commanded Solomon to build the Temple, this number is not the Number of the Beast. It's just how many talents of gold were used in the construction of the Temple. So far, Solomon hasn't done anything wrong. He's simply built the Temple according to God's commands to do so. If "following Solomon's path" is wrong, then it is wrong to heed the commands of God. That doesn't mesh with Scripture, of course.

Now this whole issue of blood sacrifices is pure ignorance. Christianity's basis is a "blood sacrifice". Jesus had to give his life, Christians claim, in order to atone for the sins of the world. This was Jesus being the blood sacrifice, shedding his blood to spare the world from judgement. The claim made by Christians is that a blood sacrifice is needed when someone has sinned - and that everyone has sinned. Since there is no longer a Temple in which to perform the require sacrifices, Jesus was the sacrifice. Unless you accept Jesus, you're toast, because you can't atone for your sins without shedding blood.

This isn't quite accurate, however. True, the sin offering was customarily a calf. But if you couldn't afford to offer a calf, you could substitute two turtledoves, whatever those are. If you were too poor for that, you could substitute a meal offering. No blood was required, if you were too poor to offer an animal.

However, Christians still insist that a blood sacrifice was required. This is why they talk about the "precious blood of Jesus", how his blood washed away the sins of the world (for those who accept Jesus, of course).

To claim that Solomon was offering blood sacrifices contrary to God's will is simply not supported in Scripture. Blood sacrifices were required, but God - the same God Who created the world, caused the Flood, parted the Reed Sea, and performed all the other miracles in the Bible.

You quoted from I Chron. 22:9-10, which is GOD speaking to David. You kind of skipped the part that explains this. Let me help (this is David talking):

8 But the word of the LORD came to me, saying, Thou hast shed blood abundantly, and hast made great wars: thou shalt not build an house unto my name, because thou hast shed much blood upon the earth in my sight.

See, God (that's the LORD, in case you missed it) didn't want His house to be built by David, because David had killed a lot of people. God isn't into killing people, despite what some folks claim. "Solomon" in Hebrew means "peaceful" - related to the word, "shalom".

So, building the Temple and conducting blood sacrifices in the Temple were not only permitted, they were direct commands from God Himself. Solomon did nothing wrong there.

Solomon did go astray later on, however. He strayed from the faith, allegedly because of his many wives from other cultures. Among others, he married Pharaoh's daughter. Her religion would have been based on the Egyptian pantheon, which was forbidden. Whatever the reason, Solomon began to worship other gods. But that was *after* the Temple was build.

The reason the Masons make a big deal about Solomon and the Temple, is that the Masons use a lot of symbolism about "building the Temple" in their beliefs. The "Temple" they build is not now a physical structure, but a spiritual one. Whether you like their ideas or not, they are firmly based on Scripture, at least insofar as the Temple itself goes.

As for "secret societies", you're wrong about that, too - unless you admit that you yourself follow the anti-Christ. Christianity was a secret society in its early days, when Christians were getting fed to lions and enduring other unpleasantness. Those who are participating in secret societies are often only trying to avoid being slaughtered or burned alive. In fact, the Masons were a secret society exactly because the Christians were inclined to burn them for heresy. If it's OK for Christians to form a secret society, then it's OK for the Masons to do it for the same reasons. It's got nothing to do with any mark of the beast. It has to do with a very human desire for self-preservation. Christians and Masons alike generally try to avoid martyrdom. It's not a sin.

So really, the Masons aren't any more secretive or sinister than the Christians. I am not aware of any atrocities committed by the Freemasons. I am certainly aware of atrocities committed by the Christians, from early times on through the 20th Century. Personally, I find Christians a whole lot scarier than Masons.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by chiron613

8 But the word of the LORD came to me, saying, Thou hast shed blood abundantly, and hast made great wars: thou shalt not build an house unto my name, because thou hast shed much blood upon the earth in my sight.

See, God (that's the LORD, in case you missed it) didn't want His house to be built by David, because David had killed a lot of people. God isn't into killing people, despite what some folks claim.

If that is the case, then this god is a hypocrite.

Killing is god's specialty.

Here's an interesting bit of documentation for you. Maybe you should do a head count yourself.

I counted the number of people that were killed by God in the Bible. I came up with 2,391,421, which, of course, greatly underestimates God's total death toll, since it only includes those killings for which specific numbers are given. No attempt was made to include the victims of Noah's flood, Sodom and Gomorrah, or the many plagues, famines, fiery serpents, etc., with which the good book is filled. Still, 2 million is a respectable number even for world class killers.

But how does this compare with Satan? How many did he kill in the Bible?

Well I can only find ten, and even these he shares with God, since God allowed him to do it as a part of a bet. I'm talking about the seven sons and three daughters of Job.

dwindlinginunbelief.blogspot.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

um are you 100% Vegan and have you been your entire life, Alethea?

cuz if not...
just think of all those chickens, cows, pigs, turkeys that have had their throats slit merely to sustain your little toddler/teen/20/30/40- body's existence...

all that blood all that gore.. just so you could survive...

talk about BLOOD SACRIFICE!! their life sacrificed for yours!

holy freaking double standards batman!

and oh yeah while you're at it.. gulp down some yummy wine during communion... signifying the cannibalistic blood drinking ritual of drinking jesus's blood yummmm auuugh...

scare mongering dull witted christian fanatics .. so low brow in contemplation... so hateful in accusation.. so quick to jump to superstition...

so hypocritical...

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Prevenge,
I can certainly see your point and understand your disgust. Unfortunately eating squash blossoms and peas just do not seem to sustain the working man. Protein does seem to be required in the human diet.

It is unfortunate that we live in a world that has become insensitive to animals, but I suppose it has been this way for a long, long time. Where do you suppose man first got the idea to eat animals?

Was it not god himself who killed the first animal in the garden of eden and made Adam and Eve wear the bloody hides? Nevermind they had already learned to make clothes of plant material. It must have been a terrible punishment to watch god kill the family pet as a "substitute" for not killing them. God was the one who first taught humans to kill.

According to Biblical accounts, this angel (alien) who set himself up as their god required regular animal sacrifices.

We do not hear of humans eating animals until after the flood. There was very little vegetation at that time, and so they must have followed the example they had seen of this "god" eating animals.

It should be very unsettling for people to see that this supposed 'creator' is more of a 'destroyer' what with being more involved in annihilation and carnage than anything else.

Here is a decree from this god:

And I will cause them to eat the flesh of their sons and the flesh of their daughters, and everyone shall eat the flesh of his friend in the siege and in the desperation with which their enemies and those who seek their lives shall drive them to despair.”’
(Jeremiah 19:9)

And once again this despotic god decrees that parents shall eat their children:

Therefore fathers shall eat their sons in your midst, and sons shall eat their fathers; and I will execute judgments among you, and all of you who remain I will scatter to all the winds.
(Ezekiel 5:10)

Killing for food and ritual sacrifice are different because of the state of intention. Hidden_Hand, a self proclaimed member of the Luciferian soul group, announced that 9-11 was a human ritual sacrifice. I would not equate that with a turkey sandwich.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   

When Jesus caused the brouhaha in front of Solomon's Temple...

How could Jesus cause a disturbance in front of Solomon's Temple? It was destroyed in 586 BC by the Babylonians.

The temple in Jesus's time was Herod's Temple.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

When Jesus caused the brouhaha in front of Solomon's Temple...

How could Jesus cause a disturbance in front of Solomon's Temple? It was destroyed in 586 BC by the Babylonians.

The temple in Jesus's time was Herod's Temple.

Very good question. I gave you a star.

Solomon's Temple stood on the site of Mount Moriah for over 350 years before the Babylonians destroyed it in 586 B.C.

About 70 years later, Zerubabbel laid a new foundation over the cleared rubbel of what was Solomon's Temple. The people complained that, even though some of the temple artifacts had been recovered and brought back, this temple still did not have the spendor of the former.

'Who of you is left who saw this house in its former glory? How does it look to you now? Does it not seem to you like nothing? But now be strong, O Zerubbabel,'
(Haggai 2: 3-4)

Herod thought he could do a much better job of it than Zerubabbel. Herod's reconstruction of the temple, in 19 BC, started by leveling the larger portions of the Temple Mount so that the new building would have a broader base. According to Josephus, 1000 Levites were specially trained as builders and masons to accomplish this task. Herod enlarged the Temple area to a size of about 35 acres.

So, even though neither of the rebuilds were an exact duplication of the former temple built by Solomon, they stood in the same location and the people still regarded it as Solomon's Temple. The practices of ritual sacrifice and services were what made it continue on as being "Solomon's Temple". The traditions and the teachings were the same.

It is evidenced by New Testament scriptures that it was still considered as Solomon's Temple.

When Jesus first came to Jerusalem as a young boy, it was there, in Solomon's Porch that he first argued with the rabbis.

New Testament evidence:

And Jesus walked in the temple in Solomon's porch.
(John 10:23)

Solomon's porch is also mentioned in Acts 3:11 and Acts 5:12.
It is further discussed in a previous post above where Jesus had a confrontation with Temple congregants on Solomon's porch.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   

It's interesting to see how deep this Solomon Cult goes into the various religions as well. It would appear that many religions are interconnected to these concepts of reverence for Solomon rather than the principles taught by Jesus.

Could this mean that many religions are involved with, or part of, these Secret Societies?

Hi, Alethea. I think it is a lot more likely that the secret societies surrounding the Magick of Solomon came long after Solomon. Solomon was a part of a "holy bloodline" that supposedly came from the Gods/Extraterrestrials. In effect, Solomon was a lot like the Pharaohs of Ancient Egypt. He supposedly had the favour of some 72 "demons" who did his bidding, such as digging up great quantities of gold, silver, and precious jewels from mines in Africa. I would say off hand it was these creatures that built the Temple itself. It is said Solomon had a Magick Ring that contained his power.

Of the sage Solomon.

Blessed art thou, O Lord God, who didst give Solomon such authority. Glory to thee and might unto the ages. Amen.
2. And behold, when the Temple of the city of Jerusalem was being built, and the artificers were working thereat, Ornias the demon came among them toward sunset; and he took away half of the pay of the chief-deviser's (?)1 little boy, as well as half his food. [16] He also continued to suck the thumb of his right hand every day. And the child grew thin, although he was very much loved by the king. 1. [D: master workman’s ]
3. So King Solomon called the boy one day, and questioned him, saying: "Do I not love thee more than all the artisans who are working in the Temple of God? Do I not give thee double wages and a double supply of food? How is it that day by day and hour by hour thou growest thinner?"

4. But the child said to the king: "I pray thee, O king. Listen to what has befallen all that thy child hath. After we are all released from our work on the Temple of God, after sunset, when I lie down to rest, one of the evil demons comes and takes away from me one half of my pay and one half of my food. Then he also takes hold of my right hand and sucks my thumb. And lo, my soul is oppressed, and so my body waxes thinner every day."
5. Now when I Solomon heard this, I entered the Temple of God, and prayed with all my soul, night and day, that the demon might be delivered into my hands, and that I might gain authority over him. And it came about through my prayer that grace was given to me from the Lord Sabaoth by Michael his archangel. [He brought me] a little ring, having a seal consisting of an engraved stone, and said to me: "Take, O Solomon, king, son of David, the gift which the Lord God has sent thee, the highest Sabaoth. With it thou shalt lock up all demons of the earth, male and female; and with their help thou shalt build up Jerusalem. [But] thou [must] wear this seal of God. And this engraving of the seal of the ring sent thee is a Pentalpha."

6. And I Solomon was overjoyed, and praised and glorified the God of heaven and earth. And on the morrow I called the boy, and gave him the ring, and said to him: "take this, and at the hour in which the demon shall come unto thee, throw this ring at the chest of the demon, and say to him: 'In the name of God, King Solomon calls thee hither.3' And then do thou come running to me, without having any misgivings or fear in respect of aught thou mayest hear on the part of the demon." 3. [D: Come! Solomon summons you!]
7. So the child took the ring, and went off; and behold, at the [17] customary hour Ornias, the fierce demon, came like a burning fire to take the pay from the child. But the child according to the instructions received from the king, threw the ring at the chest of the demon, and said: "King Solomon calls thee hither." And then he went off at a run to the king. But the demon cried out aloud, saying: "Child, why hast thou done this to me? Take the ring off me, and I will render to thee the gold of the earth.

(Pentalpha =Pentagram)
www.esotericarchives.com...

King Solomon's Ring

Now King Solomon loved many foreign women along with the daughter of Pharaoh: Moabite, Ammonite, Edomite, Sidonian, and Hittite women, from the nations concerning which the Lord had said to the sons of Israel, "You shall not associate with them, neither shall they associate with you, for they will surely turn your heart away after their gods. "Solomon held fast to these in love. And he had seven hundred wives, princesses, and three hundred concubines, and his wives turned his heart away. [Can you imagine what it must have been like to walk into Solomon's bathroom and see a thousand pairs of hose hanging there?] For it came about when Solomon was old, his wives turned his heart away after other gods; and his heart was not wholly devoted to the Lord his God, as the heart of David his father had been. For Solomon went after Ashtoreth the goddess of the Sidonians and after Milcom the detestable idol of the Ammonites. And Solomon did what was evil in the sight of the Lord, and did not follow the Lord fully, as David his father had done. Then Solomon built a high place for Chemosh the detestable idol of Moab, on the mountain which is east of Jerusalem, and for Molech the detestable idol of the sons of Ammon. Thus also he did for all his foreign wives, who burned incense and sacrificed to their gods.

www.pbc.org...

The Key of Solomon is the most famous, or infamous, of all magickal textbooks, and influenced many of the other European grimoires or "grammars" of magickal practice. It exists in different versions and languages and is the traditional authorship of King Solomon. That luxurious monarch of the tenth century B.C. was renowned for his wisdom and through legend, "he acquired a formidable reputation as a master magician who had employed legions of evil spirits to build the Temple at Jerusalem, compelling their obedience with his magic ring." It is said that an angel "sent by God to bring Solomon this magick ring, which gave him the power of demons which helped him in his magick." The process of summoning these spirits illustrate the extraordinary and exhausting complexity of European ritual magic—the choice of a favorable place and time; the preliminary prayers, fastings and preparations through which the magician sets himself apart from the normal, everyday world.

Magic ring
en.wikipedia.org...

The Key of Solomon (Clavicula Salomonis)

The Lesser Key of Solomon
www.sacred-texts.com...

LEMEGETON CLAVICULA SALOMONIS
or
THE LESSER KEY OF SOLOMON
Detailing the ceremonial art of commanding spirits both good and evil

It has become clear to me that the Secret Societies practice Solomon's Magick even today, and through this control a great many things. The Old Gods didn't go anywhere, people no matter how much you wish they did. And they were not "God's" either, they are a higher order of being a few thousand years ahead of us in technology and spiritualism.
Think of how it would be if you, friend, with all you know, your skills, were transported back in time to the Biblical Times or before. Say that you came to Earth is a craft that spat fire and had lights. The people would fall down and call you God.

Even today, is a higher being came down here in his craft, and showed us, beyond doubt that he has supernatural powers, and can control any situation. People would fall down and worship him as a God, and he would be....why he would then be the Anti-Christ, wouldn't he?

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

I think it is a lot more likely that the secret societies surrounding the Magick of Solomon came long after Solomon.

Researching is more virtuous than 'sposing.

Before religion, there was magic. Religion was born from magic, spells, and curses. Some of the OT prayers of David are actually curses called down upon his enemies. Curses later developed into "prayers". Whether curses, prayers, or blessings, they are all supplications to a deity or "supreme being".

Solomon was a part of a "holy bloodline" that supposedly came from the Gods/Extraterrestrials.

I would like to see where you found this geneological information. Can you please provide the documentation? I am very interested.

In effect, Solomon was a lot like the Pharaohs of Ancient Egypt. He supposedly had the favour of some 72 "demons" who did his bidding, such as digging up great quantities of gold, silver, and precious jewels from mines in Africa.

Autowrench, do you know where these little diggers can be found? Are they still around? Do you 'spose they do housework, too? Do I use magic words to call them? Or do you 'spose they have cell phones now?

I would say off hand it was these creatures that built the Temple itself.

What would you require for proof? Why would you believe this? What evidence do you have to substantiate your belief?

It is said Solomon had a Magick Ring that contained his power.

Are you thinking of the signet ring? Last I heard, Zerubabbel inherited that signet ring.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Researching is more virtuous than 'sposing.

True, but not necessarily in the biblical realm. There is no archeological evidence that the Temple of Solomon ever actually existed (not to mention King Solomon himself). These stories may be based on historical occurences, but they also may be invented, and changed through oral tradition. The whole thing, when it comes to Bible historicity, is nothing but a whole lot of 'sposing.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
As a Freemason I can answer the original question.

The answer is No.

We do, however, revere all people as the children of God.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

Alethea, you state that "If that is the case, then this god is a hypocrite.

Killing is god's specialty."

Yet you seem to acknowledge Jesus as the son of God. I am curious how you reconcile your assertion that Jesus is good while God is a hypocrite when Jesus' teachings are an extension of God's law(the God you condemn ,) AND Christians believe that God and Jesus are one. You appear to be disavowing the standard tenets of the Christian religion.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join