It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Masons Revere Solomon as God's Son?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by tripletau
reply to post by Alethea

Alethea, you state that "If that is the case, then this god is a hypocrite.

Killing is god's specialty."

Yet you seem to acknowledge Jesus as the son of God. I am curious how you reconcile your assertion that Jesus is good while God is a hypocrite when Jesus' teachings are an extension of God's law(the God you condemn ,) AND Christians believe that God and Jesus are one. You appear to be disavowing the standard tenets of the Christian religion.

Jesus is no relation to this Old Testament god.

The OT god is actually a compilation of "deities", probably angel (aliens) who set themselves up as gods because they had superior technology to humans.

Then they said to Him, “Where is Your Father?”
Jesus answered, “You know neither Me nor My Father. If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also.”
John 8:19

According to this statement, all of the services and ritual sacrifices that were practiced in the Temple, did not actually bring any knowledge of the one that Jesus called "Father".

It is evident here that "the Father" can only be known through the example of Jesus and not through the carnage and false teachings of the developments of mans idea of religion and gods.

Jesus is not the offspring of any of the old testament gods. And btw, the Jewish nation was not monotheistic; it was henotheistic.

"You cannot serve two masters."

The OT god killed millions.
Jesus never killed anyone.

How could he be any part of a cruel deity that ruled through fear?

Love and fear cannot co-exist.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 05:14 AM
link   
solomon fell off the wagon. he was in a severly back slidden condition for a while which is one of the problems associated with having way too much money and power (and way too many wives!). HOWEVER, you can see him repent in Ecclesiastes. he basically provides an insight into what happens to a person's emotional condition in such a situation -- you become jaded, bitter and depressed. been there, done that, not fun (never been rich or had multiple spouses, but definitely have fallen off the wagon and had to repent).

as far as i can tell, the temple of solomon is the model of a human body. the holy of holies is god's dwelling in the temple, that is, till jesus resurrected, the veil was rent, and god's new dwelling was in the believer instead of the building.

the objects in the courts, are a different story altogether. they harken back to ancient sumer -- not as objects but as ideas, metaphors for the original articles.

[edit on 30-9-2009 by undo]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 06:18 AM
link   
here's image of temple as a body plan
www.templesecrets.info...

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea
666 is related to Solomon and all those who follow his oaths.

Now the weight of gold that came to Solomon in one year was six hundred and threescore and six talents of gold;

2 Chronicles 9:13

I'm sorry, but just because he received 666 talents of gold in a particular year, you're saying that there is a relationship between Solomon and the number of the Beast???

Dude, this is dodgy reasoning...

If I go down to the fish and chip shop and pay $6.66 for some calamari rings and scallops, does that mean that I am somehow related to the number of the Beast????

This is what annoys me about many conspiracy theorists: their propensity for creating extremely tenuous linkages that mean nothing.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join