It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eight Bizarre Body Modifications

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Here is an interesting article full of photos of people that have had their bodies modified for one reason or another. Eyeball Tatoos, intentional scarring, 3D art implants, corset piercings, branding, body suspension, splitting of the tongue and elf ears. Intersting stuff, how many of you know someone that has had this done to their body?

oddee.com...

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I think they took some of that list from Cracked: www.cracked.com...

Also, NSFW links come up with the original link.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

Hi RuneSpider,

It's hard to tell which site took pictures from the other site, some of their pictures are similar, but the article is very similiar.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by RussianScientists

Well, the Oddee article was posted in March of '09.

THe Cracked article was put in last year.
Dunno if one actually did copy the other, but they are pretty similar.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

Hi RuneSpider,

Your catching the difference in the dates makes the difference, the site you showed being a year earlier must be the original site from which it all started. Good catch my friend.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
All I can say is OUCH.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   
OOOOhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh My.
I'd put a warning on that site if I was you.

I went to take a look, scrolled down, and well, saw something that has permanently scared and scarred me for life.

No kidding.

*Runs screaming from the computer*

peace

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Hi Silo13,

Yes there are some pretty scary photos on that site, but they are still things that almost anyone can see just walking down the wrong street these days.

They must be gluttons for punishment. Some of them have to be painful.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by RussianScientists

OMFG
corset piercing on back or on back of legs=so freakin hot. not weird. hot.

check out the reader contributions...
genital bisecting??? can i say that on here? THAT is bizarre and a little disgusting. a little morbidly fascinating, though.

[edit on 9/28/2009 by double_frick]

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Yes, I've known a number of folks who have some of these piercings (the corset one was new to me)
Dennis Avner is an acquaintance of mine, and we have had a number of conversations at conventions. :
www.stalkingcat.net...

I've also worked at the same place as Enigma www.theenigmalive.com... and Katzen www.web-ho.com... (briefly) and briefly met Lizard Man (www.thelizardman.com...).

I don't find them particularly weird.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
Yes, I've known a number of folks who have some of these piercings (the corset one was new to me)

my friend is a piercer (one of the best, imo) and she does corset piercings.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Oh my good lordy lord, genetal bisections. I've never heard of that, and I'm kind of wishing that I never did!!
Anyway, it's still way cool.

I've kinf of always fancied some kind of implant 3d tattoo. I was chatting with a guy one night in a club, who was body modded up to the eye balls (litteraly) and he had some great stuff going on. (metal spikes in his head, ridges down both arms, peircings in places I didn't ask to see and ink from head to toe. He was a lovely bloke, I'd been avoiding eye contact with him for most of the night cos he looked scary, just goes to show, don't judge!)

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
My 12 year old daughter wants both the Corset Piercings and the Pointy Ears Body Modifications.

I myself am partial to both, and told her that for her 18th birthday we'll both get our Pointy Ears done together if she still wants it done then. The Corset Piercings, however, she'll have to do on her own, but not before 18.

Body Modification may seem weird to some people, but it is just a form of individuality, a manner in which some people find their identity through making themselves different than everyone else. We've all been doing it in the United States since the 1950s in one form or another. What started off with greased hair, tattoos, and leather jackets has evolved until it is now changing one's physical appearance through Body Modification. There is nothing abby-normal about it, even if it is counter-culture.

Besides, would you rather your college age child get yet another Coin-Slot Tattoo like everyone else who has gone to college in the past 20 years, or that they got Corset Piercings instead? I personally would rather my daughter emulate Emilie Autumn than Lindsay Lohan and Paris Hilton any day!

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
One I'm actually kind of surprised didn't make the list was something that was on Ripley's a while back.
Some people will pay to have someone shoot them, so that they can have a bullet scar.

It's a small business, but it's there and people pay for it.

top topics

join