It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hugo Chávez at the UN - Rise Up Against the Empire

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
On September 20th Hugo Chevas gave a speech at the United Nation. The title of the speech was "Rise Up Against the Empire". This speech has been unable to find online with previous versions seemingly removed.

enjoy.

Google Video Link

i must admit u have some respect for this guy for having the balls to stick his neck out and speak the truth.

thumbs upto you Hugo

edit: its only 23:48 minutes long but well worth listening to, you'll find its spoken by a translator but please don't let that put you off.

[edit on 27/9/2009 by survivor]

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Is nice you have a lot of respect for this guy but maybe you should call him Hugo Chávez instead of Hugo Chevas

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Link no working.

I too have a lot of respect for this guy. Not only is he pretty badass, he also gives me a good vibe. I think he may be a pretty decent human being, compared to most political leaders.

[edit on 27-9-2009 by David_Reale]

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
You guys are kidding, right? You can't mean that you admire a dictator. This guy could write a book on how to repress a country, opposing voices, denying rights and freedoms.

*boo*

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
The shills removed this video it's no longer available.

The truth hurts for the Elites and the PTB, that's why they suppressed this video.

It's already gone.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by survivor

Who's this Hugo Chevas fellow?

Sheesh. Nothing makes me cringe more on ATS than people who can't spell simple names. Whether you're dyslexic or not, it's not hard to find a spell-checker online.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Maybe you guys should go live in Venezuela and then tell me about how much you like Chavez.

Or live in just about any other southamerican country and tell me what do natives think about Chavez...

he is a disgrace to democracy, a criminal and a thief.

I know what I`m talking about, and IMHO everyone but one in this thread don´t.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Camilo1

These are probably youngsters who follow what the media, Hollywood, or Obama's FCC Czar say.

www.foxnews.com...

www.cato.org...

Above are a couple of different stories on the Human Rights violations, among other crimes.

Not for you, Camilo, but for the others here that think he is so "dreamy".

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Camilo1

You've never lived there either. How do you know he's a thief, etc?

That arrogant attitude of yours doesn't help either.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

Surreeee, linking to right-wing sources because they're the "truth", right?

You lose credibility when you use Faux Noise as a source.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
For those of you who are open to a different perspective of Hugo Chavez than the "dictatorial" one, check out a documentary called "The Revolution will not be Televised". You can probably find it on Google Video. From what I can see in that documentary, Chavez is a pretty damn good guy.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janitor From Mars
reply to post by mikerussellus

Surreeee, linking to right-wing sources because they're the "truth", right?

You lose credibility when you use Faux Noise as a source.

Sure. Dismiss the message when you don't like the messenger.

Care to debate his abuses of human rights? Civil rights? Or are you of the camp that when faced with truth, resorts to name calling?

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Camilo1
Maybe you guys should go live in Venezuela and then tell me about how much you like Chavez.

Or live in just about any other southamerican country and tell me what do natives think about Chavez...

HEY LOOK! It's an all mighty American, sitting on his high horse.

Still believing he lives in a free, democratic country, I am sure you still believing you are entitled to rights as well? HAhaha, the brainwashing has gone well.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by king9072

Still believing he lives in a free, democratic country, I am sure you still believing you are entitled to rights as well? HAhaha, the brainwashing has gone well.

Again, facts. Stick to facts.

Name calling? Is this the last resort of a desparate person?

You obviously feel that living under a dictator if far better than having freedoms.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Janitor From Mars

Yes I have lived there. Now I live in neirghbour country to Venezula that is constantly in fear of his arms purchases.

And please do some research before you post.

He is a thief, yes

www.versionfinal.com.ve...

Helps to speak spanish it you want the truth about Chavez,

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus

Originally posted by king9072

Again, facts. Stick to facts.

Name calling? Is this the last resort of a desparate person?

You obviously feel that living under a dictator if far better than having freedoms.

Haha, there was no name calling in my post. I am sorry that the demoralization has resulted in your current situation though. You can feel better knowing, it is not your fault.

As usual, you're defending the tiny little box.

Do I care about Hugo Chavez? nope.
Do I believe in Hugo Chavez and his (accomplishments?)? Nope.
Do I believe in Hugo Chavez's beliefs? Nope.

Now that that is out of the way.

Please tell me what "Rights" you have. Then tell me what assures you that those "privileges" will not be revoked at the whim of those in control in the case of any one of a multitude of scenarios.

Perhaps, once you have done that. You could explain to me how this is a democratic country you live in. Then expand that, by explaining the difference between the 'democratic' United States of America, and a fascist nation.

EDIT TO ADD: Upon completion of the above, I will remove my comments.

[edit on 27-9-2009 by king9072]

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   

No offense to anyone but THE MAN IS A DICTATOR!!! Wake the heck up!!!
He has a long list of human rights violations against him.

www.hrw.org...

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by king9072

Start another thread and I will.

This is about Chavez. His -gag- actions and behaviours.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by jameslewin

No offense to anyone but THE MAN IS A DICTATOR!!! Wake the heck up!!!
He has a long list of human rights violations against him.

www.hrw.org...

Yes, ignore the message because you disagree with the messenger.

Very wise. Keep up the great work ignorant Americans, open slavery is just around the corner.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus
reply to post by king9072

Start another thread and I will.

This is about Chavez. His -gag- actions and behaviours.

There is absolutely no need for that, because I am making a point extremely relevant to this thread.

Everyone so quickly jumps up and shouts about what the messenger has done in his past, at the same time completely denying and ignoring anything they say. No matter how correct they may be, everyone can quickly ignore them by shouting "DICTATOR", or in Iran's case, "HOLOCAUST DENIER".

To ignore a persons entire message because you do not appreciate them as a person is not a loss to them. It is a loss to you, because at that moment you are being intentionally ignorant.

Now, back to the absolutely RELEVANT point I was making.

How is the United States any better? I think the only reason you believe it is better is because you and your ancestors have been subjected to heavy demoralization over the last 60 years.

Let's talk about denying a holocaust, since everyone wants to outright ignore Ahmadinejad by shouting "HOLOCAUST DENIER!".

Do some research, and tell me how many people existed on BOTH North America, as well as South America PRIOR to the invasion of Spanish and British forces?

In short, I will tell you that there was 100 million + more people prior to the invasions, than remained a decade after the invasions. Estimates of the holocaust put the death toll between 11-17 million people. So I should feel worse for 11-17 million people, than 100 million people?

Perhaps he doesn't actually believe that the holocaust did not happen, rather he is denying it to illustrate a point that the West has cleverly hidden IT'S HOLOCAUSTS through the distortion of history. AKA, they are "DENYING" a holocaust of much greater magnitude. All because it does not bode well for their public image.

In my opinion, you proved your absolute ignorance the minute you stepped up and claimed you had "Rights" and "freedoms", and that you weren't living under a "dictatorship". You are sleeping, you must be, because if you were awake, you would already know that the entire history of your country is a joke on it's people.

"Hi I am Al Gore, used to be the next president of the United States"

HAHAHA ISNT THAT SO FUNNY A "PRESIDENT" WHO OPENLY ADMITS HE LOST A RIGGED ELECTION!!! YAY DEMOCRACY!! WOOT

None are more hopelessly enslaved, than those who falsely believe they are free
- Goethe

top topics

<<   2 >>

join