It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

500,000 ' pink slips ' on their way to Capitol already

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Revealation

revealation you should have said, "HULK CRUSH THIS CAMPAIGN!!!"

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
If these pink slips actually arrive. That's 535 separate mailings and even at a bulk rate that would be not even close to what it would actually cost so it might not be a scam but a solid idea.
500000 X 535 = 267,500,000 X .28 (post card rate) = 74,900,000.00
50000 X 29.95 = 14,975,000.00

Someone is getting one hell of a deal on postage!

Zindo

[edit on 9/26/2009 by ZindoDoone]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
In general I trust the news that comes from that site, although there was one subject they wrote on that ATS'ers proved later to be a hoax. I wrote to them and linked to the ATS thread but the never retracted the article to my dismay. I wish I could remember what it was about now. However as far as the cost goes, they are legit in trying to do something about the government, but any proceeds they would make off of this would go towards the birther movement. If you are a birther that should give you some peace of mind about the cost. If you aren't well then I wouldn't recommend doing this to support a cause you don't believe in. Just send a fax like some one else suggested.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
wow.. excellent idea!

Maybe send the "Washington.. you are fired" also

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
just print one.... that is what i amdoing for every single one of these traitors...!

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Sounds like a great deal for the post office!

I'm sure many people could design one on an open source editor and post it here, then we would email them en masse ... of course they would call it 'spam' and 'criminal'.

But when you pay for the postage to send it, would they still object?

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
So what will Congress do with all these pink slips? Have a party in honor of Cindy Lauper?

Good luck with that.

[edit on 9/26/2009 by Hal9000]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by L.HAMILTON

good thread OP S&F
but sadly this will be the fate of all those pink slips.:
This won't phase them at all.Time to get serious and do something more then just sending pink slips and petitions.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by mike dangerously
but sadly this will be the fate of all those pink slips.:

What about that supposed $7 million dollars earned off the emotions of those who paid over 20 bucks? Some Republican politician up for re-election should be sorted... of the backsides of disgruntled conservatives.

I gotta hand it to these guys, they certainly know how to make a buck at the expense of disgruntled voters.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by L.HAMILTON

Congress can be alerted through petition, this method is not only silly, it costs the person nearly 30 bucks to send one, guess who is winning this game!

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I'm sure most of congress will laugh itself silly. First off the small group issuing the letters have no authority, second the congress knows that the majority are cattle and are going to reelect them if they are good little puppets.

Makes the protesters feel great but doesn't accomplish anything. Better they go door to door in their own neighborhood with a pamphlet which includes a URL for more details.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Yeah, Congress is afraid of pink slips. That’s why they continually vote against the will of the people yet remain in power.

It’s not who votes who counts. It’s who counts the votes.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Hey Kids,
If you'll give me a couple of examples of a pink slip wording, Ill make one up all you'll have to do is cut/paste into a word document print it out and Fax it
Rossa

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Sorry, I LOVED THE IDEA - But NOT AT 29.95 - If they REALLY wanted to make a difference they would NOT charge!! Give me a Break - this is nothing but a Money making scheme to those who invented it, not a Changing of CONgress scheme!

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I really don't think it's a money making scheme. To send 535 letters at 39 cents each would cost $208.65 and that does not include the slips and envelopes. That is postage only. That is the base expense it would cost for each individual to send 535 letters separately.

The people who are doing this action via Fed Ex (not the post office) are obviously getting some group rate on postage. It actually sounds like a good deal cost-wise. As for how effective it will be, time will tell.

But $30 compared to $200+ doesn't sound like a scam to me?

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Think about this ....It's a simple eqaution...If I paid $29.95 for this pink slip. The postage is (we'll say) .50 cents and the envelope is (lets be generous and ) lets say $2.00 and the pink slip is $5.00...

that's $7.50

Where's the other $22.50 going?

We could add up big numbers of letters/slips and postage but for bulk you actually pay cheaper and for everyone slip added there's the extra $22.50 change left.

Let's use $20.00 as an example instead of the $22.50 for ease of calculations.

1000 (slips bought)
x 20 (dollars change left over from each slip)
-------
$20,000.00 (profit)

I fail to see where the NON PROFIT part fits in.

reply to post by NoJoker13

You're right....Hulk Smash Campaign

[edit on 27/9/2009 by Revealation]

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Hey ash and the rest of the people here

Washington wont even accept things sent to them in Fedex. they only trust USPS. They will think its like anthrax or something along those lines.

So the company has flaws.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by lucentenigma

People making money off other peoples grief. Don't we already have lawyers for that?

Uh, yeah, that's what lawyers do. Make money off of other peoples grief...

Originally posted by vonholland

Washington wont even accept things sent to them in Fedex. they only trust USPS. They will think its like anthrax or something along those lines.

And the flaw in that logic... (on the part of the gov.) is that all the US Anthrax letters were via the USPS.

Thats.... thats... about as intelligent as p#ssing money at the bankrupt letter carrier in the hopes that no one will notice.

Wait..we're already doing that. (N/M)

The House approved a 30-day stop-gap spending bill Friday designed to keep the government operating through October and buy more time for the cash-strapped Postal Service to meet a $5.4 billion payment due next week for its retirees’ health benefits.

Adopted 217-190, the measure allows the Postal Service to pay only $1.4 billion on Sept. 30 and effectively amortize the remaining $4 billion after 2017. With $32 billion in the fund, the agency insists it is still able to meet its obligations, but the issue has been handled with such a political sleight-of-hand that conservatives worry it could come back to haunt taxpayers.

www.politico.com...

[edit on 27-9-2009 by RoofMonkey]

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by vonholland
reply to post by AshleyD

Hey ash and the rest of the people here

So the company has flaws.

FYI. . .the government DOES except things from Fed Ex, but it goes to a mail room, not directly to the recipient.

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by crimvelvet
I posted this on another tread as a constructive thing we all can do.

You do it one person at a time.

I go to farmers markets, and flea markets and talk to the vendors and customers. farmers now hate the USDA for what they are doing so you have a receptive audience. I give a quick talk on the fed, fractional banking and the food safety bills and then hand them the card and ask them to talk to ten more people.

I also ask them to become active in a third party to vote out the crooks in DC, if they agree with what they read. So far people have talked my ear off because they are so angry.

MY CARD:

Please Google:
History, HACCP and the Food Safety Con Job
Confessions of an Economic Hitman
The Creature from Jekyl Island
Secrets of the Federal Reserve
Fully Informed Jury Association

Forget the demonstrations and other stuff VOTE the Suckers out and use jury nullification to over ride the US Supreme court. WE the people have the final authority if we use it correctly.

Fantastic work on your part. We need more people to get involved in efforts like this!

<< 1    3 >>

join