It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

500,000 ' pink slips ' on their way to Capitol already

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   

500,000 ' pink slips ' on their way to Capitol already

www.wnd.com

WASHINGTON – An innovative new campaign to alert Congress of widespread grass-roots opposition to massive new spending plans as well as other objectionable and intrusive legislation is already responsible – in the first 24 hours – for the distribution of 500,000 "pink slip" notices to members of the House and Senate.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 26-9-2009 by L.HAMILTON]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
" Send Congress a Pink Slip Campaign " I didn't know this even existed . What an ingenious way to let Congress know that their jobs are on the line at a time when re-election is at the highest priority of every Congressman. I for one will be joining this campaign. It is a sad day in America when the majority of the populace is reverting to such tactics to express their concerns to a deaf ear from an out of control Congress, that can't seem to get anything done. What should be a priority to every American is to remove the " Golden Parachute" that every Congressman recieves when they vacate their office. I would love to contnue collecting my regular salary along with medical and other benefits for life. All on the backs of the American taxpayer.

www.wnd.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Until politicians wake up with a columbian neck tie nothing in America will change. Do you people not understand that? Government knows only one thing........FEAR! It's how they control people..........and it's the only way people will one day control government. The government needs to fear the people. What is there to fear about a pink slip? What is there to fear about walking down your street and possibly getting........

+19 more 
posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Seems like a money making racket.

$29.95 to send a Pink Slip

$29.95 to send a pink slip to congress? I can print one up and send it for less then a dollar.

Great idea but profiting of this seems just as dirty as the congressmen themselves.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
wow, would LOVE to send a pink slip...if i could afford $30. have to say, quite ridiculous if you ask me.
they should make it so its printable, no?

well, i guess i shall keep looking for my own way to make a difference for free, or close to that.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
For 30 bucks you can send me all the pink slips you want.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
---------

Awful lot of money to send pink slips. Sounds to me like a $15m scam.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by lucentenigma

I agree. It seemed like an alright idea until you pointed out the cost. I went to the FedEx website and it costs $15 to send an .1 lb envelope to Washington DC in 3 days.

Overnight was $26.53, but I see no need for them to send it overnight. I think you're right. Sounds like they are trying to make some money off of this.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Send me the pink slips NO WAIT! send me the 30 bucks. Heck, send me half.
I'll be happy with just half.

[

[edit on 26-9-2009 by Muundoggie]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13
reply to post by lucentenigma

I agree. It seemed like an alright idea until you pointed out the cost. I went to the FedEx website and it costs $15 to send an .1 lb envelope to Washington DC in 3 days.

Overnight was $26.53, but I see no need for them to send it overnight. I think you're right. Sounds like they are trying to make some money off of this.

If you sent it 2-3 day priority mail it would be around 5 bucks.

What about a .44 cent stamp and a envelope?

People making money off other peoples grief. Don't we already have lawyers for that? Disgusting...

[edit on 26-9-2009 by lucentenigma]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Send your OWN Pink slip, But use a FAX machine.

E-mail and snail mail just get tossed.

However FAXES must be kept for seven years.

This is your pink slip
I am campaigning for you replacement.

Outraged Voter!

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
You never know this could be a money raising system for bigger and more public protests in the future. You have to have some cash behind you to launch large scale operations, especially well organised and well thought out ones.

On the other hand this as people have said could be a money grab from somebody taking advantage of the fact many are currently angry with their representatives.

If it is legit I think it really is a good idea, if a little over priced. It probably wont make a blind bit of difference but it sends a message.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
What would be hilarious if the group that was promoting this was actually the politicians.

Send me $30 for my campaign fund and I'll send a pink slip to myself. Thank you for participating.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Actually I think I just figured out why the price is so high.

NOTE: Purchasing "SEND CONGRESS A PINK SLIP" from WND's online store also qualifies you to receive a FREE 3-month trial subscription to our immensely popular monthly print magazine, Whistleblower. Watch for the FREE offer during checkout.

It's a surcharge to pay for the printing of all those "free" three month subscriptions. Which is going to make more revenue in the long run for the magazine publishers who are going to be advertising directly to everyone who sends one. So they are saying you pay for this little piece of paper to be sent by us and also you can pay us to advertise our product at the same time, then why not pay some more to us and buy a longer subscription...

[edit on 26/9/09 by refuse_orders]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I posted this on another tread as a constructive thing we all can do.

You do it one person at a time. I use the back of my business card or better hand printed on regular index cards (makes you look like a concerned citizen instead of a paid shill)

I go to farmers markets, and flea markets and talk to the vendors and customers. farmers now hate the USDA for what they are doing so you have a receptive audience. I give a quick talk on the fed, fractional banking and the food safety bills and then hand them the card and ask them to talk to ten more people.

I also ask them to become active in a third party to vote out the crooks in DC, if they agree with what they read. So far people have talked my ear off because they are so angry.

MY CARD:

Please Google:
History, HACCP and the Food Safety Con Job
Confessions of an Economic Hitman
The Creature from Jekyl Island
Secrets of the Federal Reserve
Fully Informed Jury Association

Forget the demonstrations and other stuff VOTE the Suckers out and use jury nullification to over ride the US Supreme court. WE the people have the final authority if we use it correctly.

Hope that helps

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
WOW!!!!!
that is amazing;
I am very impressed

[edit on 26-9-2009 by DjSharperimage]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Wait;

30 dollars gets you 535 pink slips;
all individually enveloped and shipped to all members of congress;

so i think that is a very good deal;
ive seen other businesses that print flyers and business cards for wayyyyy more;
without the postage

[edit on 26-9-2009 by DjSharperimage]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   

This is great. Some congressman somewhere is laughing his ass off.....a bunch of dolts paying for his re-election, his summer home, the transporting of his undocumented house keeper from Uruguay and four more years of young male prostitutes.

What a waste of trees, or even recycled butt wipe.

Well, on the bright side, I suppose WND might could use a little help....it's expensive tracking down demonic clones of alien Elvises and their cut might just get us a story that will change our lives.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mekanic
---------

Awful lot of money to send pink slips. Sounds to me like a $15m scam.

I agree.
That's a lot of money for something that cannot be monitored.

How do we know that money will actually go to the cause they are promoting?

It's probably something started by Congress since they know they are on their way out anyway, so why not "milk it" to pay for their going away party?
Not exactly parachutes of gold, but these days every little bit helps.

Probably safer to click on link in my signature and stick with Blow Out Congress dot COM, a web site started by a local radio talk show host here in Dallas.

[edit on 26-9-2009 by Alxandro]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
They're right.

It's definately a.....

MONEY MAKING SCAM

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join