It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protests in Pittsburgh friday....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   

OAKLAND photos

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/30e0f4c1bc4c.jpg[/atsimg]
www.pittnews.com...

Some students twitter, reporting on getting attacked
twitter.com...

[edit on 26-9-2009 by warrenb]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

That kid.. I have a sudden urge to reach out and try to slap him when he speaks.

But martial law for G20 scum bags? That's insane.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
be good to see some video of all this

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Uh-oh I smell a misinformation campaign
It must be those crazy Republicans again or is it Bush? It gets so confusing

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
there were reports of SWAT team assistance requests about an hour or two ago in Oakland

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by hangedman13

Bwaaahahaaaaa!! well said!

second line: Well spoken!!!

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
UPDATE!!

OAKLAND photos

Happening Right Now!!!!!!!
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/30e0f4c1bc4c.jpg[/atsimg]
www.pittnews.com...

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

that kids voice is like torture
the best disinformation campaign the reps could do the the democrats would be to force them to use this kid for their commercials lol

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
There is 8000 news articles related to the g20 riots on google news search. So I wouldn't say it was completely ignored by the MSM. I don't watch T.V. news so I can't comment on that side of it.

It's pretty hard to ignore events like this because they are so public. Usually they will cover them and give alternative explanations to the purpose of the protests.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

warren,

there are a few things that are disturbing about this situation to me. First, I've seen video all day long of these college students being attacked in their dormitory areas, or on campus. WTF does that area have to do with the G20?

What are these kids supposed to do? It really appears as though they are supposed to be in lockdown in their individual living quarters. Am I wrong?

Also, it has been proven that the recent Tehran riots were sponsored, and quite possibly by the CIA/Mossad. Twitter was used as a mechanized weapon there. Multiple repeating twitters regarding election numbers that were just insanely false, but worked to cause rioting. Also, the media in the West was like stink on sheeet over picking up the twitter over there, and they reported it as though the word of gawd almighty, the CIA/Mossad

So, here We are, and this is basically being ignored
I know Your a big Glen beckonite
.......only kidding, but where is he on this? I watched Fox Noise much of the day, and received what I expected; crappy reporting, and no coverage, but I missed beck.

Any ways, warren I am grateful to have someone as Yourself staying on top of this situation.

"In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."-Mark Twain

S&F

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by phi1618

That could be the new interrogation technique for Gitmo.

"Like Mr.Jihad. Like wtf tell us what you know! Why do you want to like bomb people?!"

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   

I'm sorry. It's late. Are You a defending the Bu#es, and their fascist views, or making fun of them defending the totalitarian despot tactics of hauling someone away by kidnapping?

For the record I am neither Republican, or Democrat. Neither Left, or Right.

I believe in absolute Freedom, and Common Law. Basically don't Buck with me, and I won't buck with You.............

I think in some dinked out new vocabulary term, I'm what they call a "classical liberal". Funny how they messed up all Our words.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by threekings

Funny because when I was watching Shepard Smith of Fox News, his coverage of the G20 Patriots was mixed in with terrorism reports, and evil Iran.

Almost like he was grouping them all together. If I hadn't been looking for that skewed coverage, then I would also be saying,"they covered it!"

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by threekings
There is 8000 news articles related to the g20 riots on google news search. So I wouldn't say it was completely ignored by the MSM. I don't watch T.V. news so I can't comment on that side of it.

It's pretty hard to ignore events like this because they are so public. Usually they will cover them and give alternative explanations to the purpose of the protests.

It's pretty hard to miss the fact that there is no MSM coverage FRIDAY NIGHT.
One local TV station and that's it.
face+palm *sigh*

it's lost I tell ya, we don't stand a damn chance

[edit on 26-9-2009 by warrenb]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

In a way I am defending Bush, because everyone thought once Obama got into office things would change... Well we are seeing change are we not?

When a republican does something it gets jumped on like stink on poo! A democrat it is kinda brushed aside. I see a double standard and the big rationalization I hear is Obama is a tool of the nwo or what ever. There is a hypocrite streak when folks come up with a conspiracy theory that I find amusing.

I'm just playing devils advocate with you
No disrespect intended.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
It's not really lost yet...

Those that are informed... will be using those that are not, as meat shields in any coming conflict.

As long as there are people with their eyes and ears open to educate.. there is always hope.

[edit on 26-9-2009 by TwiTcHomatic]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I smell a media blackout as well. On Thursday there were a few live satellite feeds coming from the area and today...nothing.

I must have scanned the birds 6 times and all I found was a couple pre-recorded, select clips being uploaded to the sats for distribution to various news agencies. The only live feed I found was from the top of a tall building being controlled remotely. (not the one posted in the live scanner thread)

Any time the MSM thinks there's even a small chance of a story to be had, believe me, they normally have crews shooting live footage. Once it gets edited, just a small clip out of several hours of footage makes it into their news hour.

Nothing you could say could convince me that they weren't told to keep their cameras and crews out of the area.

Welcome to the world of government controlled media.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

There is always a chance
You are one of the lights that keep me going, and I could only hope there are People that give You inspirations. No doubt, bunches of "schmo's" aren't intended to make it through.

Pittsburgh looks surreal, and I think it is making some wake.

See I don't know all Your politics, but overall policies between all the puppets We call politicians have been geared toward the same cause, and direction. Quite simply it wouldn't matter whether it was right, or left in office right now. We would still be seeing this G20 outrage, and We would still as the US American People on the whole been getting the ole' scr&w job, or the short end of the stick.

I am a patriot of the most pure kind. I don't want anyone impinging on my Rights, and I offer that in return to others. We all can come together, to recognize the gigantic monolithic conspiratorial agenda set upon us. It is indescribable as to the degree, but one thing is for sure, should We set Our petty differences aside, then We can unite to defeat it.

We can bicker later about tidbits; well others can because I'm fine with live, and let live.

no one treads on Me

[edit on 26-9-2009 by sanchoearlyjones]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

Here here! This just the start of some bad times, what it boils down too it's time to fight for our right to disagree otherwise we are lost.

Folks kind of turned the other cheek when you needed permits for guns, but now that freedom of speech and peaceful demonstration are being trampled it's a different story
Give em an inch they will take it all!

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Permits for guns?

I don't have that here.. The closest thing I ever dealt with was a record of sale.

But permits for guns? What part of "Shall not be infringed" do they not understand?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join