It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trapped Students Gassed

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
This video shows students of Pittsburgh University trapped and gassed by riot police. So this is what the G-20 brings to our lovely city. Thanks.

I'm a bit too young to be a parent but I can only imagine the pain of knowing my kid is stuck at a university that they were so glad to be attending...only to be gassed by police for what? Watching chaos unfold? Only to be part of it?

What did these kids do?

[edit on 25-9-2009 by GorehoundLarry]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
This looks fake as hell.. well at least inside there does..

THe cops had all black nightsticks the only thing of color on them was the shotgun butts. They also dont let you see the police that well and from what i see it does not look like the gear they were wearing..

And yes i was there personally.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I wish it was fake.

Sadly, this is what hosting such an event does to a city.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by GorehoundLarry

That's what my old girlfriend used to do when I broke wind. She's gone now.

So what a little tear gas? What if their professor forgot to put on deodorant or

change his socks?

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I'm not happy with what I have been seeing from the G20. As I sat here, watching that video, I wondered how long it would be before someone declared this as fake. After the hubbub from the snatching video and all that has ensued there.

It took one post for someone to say this is fake. I don't care if you were there, TH, show me your video that proves this didn't happen.

Protests at the G20 economic summit turned violent at times Thursday with demonstrators throwing rocks and police firing rubber bullets, Pittsburgh police said.

Police used pepper spray and smoke canisters to break up a march in downtown Pittsburgh but some of the marchers began throwing rocks and police responded by firing rubber bullets, the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reported. In a separate incident, police used gas canisters to disperse a crowd estimated at 500 -- many of them said to be curious onlookers -- near Phipps Conservatory, where heads of state were to have dinner, the newspaper said.

UPI

Sure, yeah, it didn't happen. This is ultimate BS, both claiming it didn't happen and what IS happening.

It saddens me to see this in America, or is it Amerika now? U.S.S.A. now? How long will it take before all hell breaks loose, all over?

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
It seems legit, but it comes from alex jones which makes me an automatic skeptic, I dont believe that man has any more real credibility and will do anything to get it back.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Aziroth

I can't stand Alex Jones but I assure you, this is legit and wasn't uncommon to see in the past two days. Oakland has been wild.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
It doesn't get much more real than this.

Take good a look at Amerika people.

Get used to it -----> Or do something about it.

peace

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I knew people would start saying it's all fake, but if it's fake than what were all those police outside doing probably shooting bean bags at the protesters?

What's the point of the students making a fake video? There's already enough truth to show about the police violence. Who needs a fake video to prove what's already true?

If it were fake, it would not at all be necessary to make such a video.

The police has serious issues as has the government.

[edit on 26-9-2009 by MightyAl]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by son of total newbie

My wife does it when our dog breaks wind (and of course when I do it too). Except more dramatic! haha

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Come on it must be fake... Or are people getting pickey about what they think is a conspiracy
This couldn't happen in Obama land

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I swear sometimes it is looking like I have died and woke back up in the 60's again. As a kid I saw so much protesting that I was terrified of large groups of people, terrified of anyone who looked like those crazy people marching around with signs and screaming. I woke one morning to hear rocks pounding the house and automatically assumed it was the protesters, it wasn't , it was a tornado. I was never afraid of the military or police who 'saved us' from the protesters. Just an observation.

Personally I am not sure what approach we should take to effectively have our voices heard, but protesting like this doesn't accomplish much of anything but chaos.

Voting for or against should be the most effective method, surveys and petitions should work well too, but it seems we have always took to the streets with demands only to compound our own frustration.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by hangedman13
Come on it must be fake... Or are people getting pickey about what they think is a conspiracy
This couldn't happen in Obama land

I know this girl who says Obama has nothing to do with the police actions. He may not but he had a chance to say something...SOMETHING about the riots...

but he was so concerned about pancakes....

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   

That is kinda of disturbing in my book. I make no effort to hide my dislike of Obama, but he is the man at the "top". The silence is deafening.

[edit on 26-9-2009 by hangedman13]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by hangedman13

It's extremely disturbing actually.

And I'll make this point now (I made it in another thread as well)

Pittsburgh's riots seem very tame compared to others in history. Even though there were many unjust assaults and arrests of innocent citizens, I'm impressed with the little amount of bloodshed.

At least no one was killed like in London or Iran. (the night is still young though I suppose)

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   

It's too bad that coverage seems to be nonexistent in the msm. Just the normal drivel. Hopefully this gets around the people should know.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by hangedman13

Hopefully tomorrow MSM can pick up this footage...this was breaking news on CNN...but only because their reporter got some tear gas in his eyes.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by hangedman13

It's too bad that coverage seems to be nonexistent in the msm. Just the normal drivel. Hopefully this gets around the people should know.

They are too busy ramping up the fear of swine flu and ramping up more fear with stories of terrorists that most likely were created by the FBI and such alphabet soup agencies. I doubt much will be said about this at all.

That being said, what do I know, I don't pay attention to those fools.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   
These kids are just looking for some action and some trouble to get into.
They don't have any business being there anyway.
What is their purpose?

I don't see picket signs or any adults or any real supervised "protest movements" with leaders.

This is just kids gone wild, acting tuff, pissing contest, looking for entertainment.

Maybe they need a dose of tear gas to get the message. They have got no reason to be there. They are just out looking for trouble...and they got it.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Maybe I'm just stating the obvious, but by the time it takes all these measures (read "oppression") for world leaders to have a meeting, wouldn't you think that at least the leaders would realize that they're doing something hugely wrong? If their policies are that much hated and distrusted, don't you think that they would have a vested interest in sorting things out? Wouldn't you think that all those clever, clever chappies would understand that they suck? If any of us sucked at our jobs as badly as they do, if huge numbers of our colleagues and clients hated us as violently as we do them, would we still have our jobs at all, let alone to collect huge paychecks and other goodies from it? When are they, our leaders, going to be held to the same measuring stick as we are? Isn't that what being a leader is meant to be in the first place? They are supposed to lead by example. And how can we trust cops and military to carry out our protection (that's what they're for, right?) when we only see them attacking and abusing us? Isn't it time to raise these as fundamental problems?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join