It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trapped Students Gassed

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Right...be good little slaves and accept your lot. Freedom and liberty...oh that's not worth fighting for. Lick dim boots good, boy!

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by romanmel

I never said it was equal. The Guardsmen were scared because of the violence in Kent that week. They were vastly outnumbered, someone freaked out and fired. They didn't just go there and start shooting, as many would think.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Anarchism is stupid. It's a very good thing there were no bullets involved.

Why don't you come right out and say it.

I think you really meant to say, I don't like college kids or anyone anti-establishment. I hate hippies, or free-thinkers who go against the grain in the face of tyranny. Would have been better if they just shot them all.

Is that what you meant to say? No? Well, pretty close I think.

There was no anarchism involved. Do you even know what anarchism is? I'm assuming you do, but either way, the scenes in that video displayed no such anarchy. None especially that warranted a militarized police formation firing high-velocity 12 gauge rubber bullets and tear gas.

Honestly, come on, it's not gonna hurt to go against the grain once in a while, Phage.

[edit on 26-9-2009 by SyphonX]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   

That's right.
Use your own brain. Don't be used the the crazies...on either side.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by stevegmu

I never said it was equal. The Guardsmen were scared because of the violence in Kent that week. They were vastly outnumbered, someone freaked out and fired. They didn't just go there and start shooting, as many would think.

Don't try to gloss over the Kent State tragedy by claiming it was an "honest mistake" by "scared soldiers".

What difference does it even make anyway? Last time I checked, you can still be charged with Negligent Homicide, Involuntary Manslaughter, or hell.. just plain ol' incompetence. You sound like the police dept. liaison that "assures the media everything was done by the book", after a video surfaces of a man being beaten to death by cop thugs.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

No anarchy? No anarchists?

Endorsed by:

Students for Justice in Palestine (Pittsburgh)
Harrisburg Area Anarchist Collective (Harrisburg, PA)
Workers Solidarity Alliance (North America)
Friendly Fire Collective (SF)
Ricanstruction Netwerk (NYC)
Unconventional Action (Frederick, MD)
Dirty Hands Collective (Durango, CO)
Silent City Distro (Ithaca, NY)
Unconventional Action In The Bay (Oakland/San Fran, CA)
Armchair Revolutionaries (West Chester, PA)
Wooden Shoe Books (Philadelphia, PA)
Self-described Anarchist Collective (Washington, DC)
Syracuse Solidarity Network (Syracuse, NY)

www.organizepittsburgh.org...

I like college kids. I like their energy. But I know how easily that energy can be manipulated. The government is not the only group that uses manipulation. I was manipulated, until I figured out what was going on. After that, the government didn't manipulate me nor did anyone else.

You're right the video didn't show what had been going on before the police arrived.

[edit on 9/26/2009 by Phage]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   

I'm sure the parents of those four are deeply grateful for those armed and scared Nat'l Guard troops. The kids, it would seem, weren't armed. Most of the dead students were just going to class, and weren't involved in the protest.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicEgg
Maybe I'm just stating the obvious, but by the time it takes all these measures (read "oppression") for world leaders to have a meeting, wouldn't you think that at least the leaders would realize that they're doing something hugely wrong? If their policies are that much hated and distrusted, don't you think that they would have a vested interest in sorting things out? Wouldn't you think that all those clever, clever chappies would understand that they suck? If any of us sucked at our jobs as badly as they do, if huge numbers of our colleagues and clients hated us as violently as we do them, would we still have our jobs at all, let alone to collect huge paychecks and other goodies from it? When are they, our leaders, going to be held to the same measuring stick as we are? Isn't that what being a leader is meant to be in the first place? They are supposed to lead by example. And how can we trust cops and military to carry out our protection (that's what they're for, right?) when we only see them attacking and abusing us? Isn't it time to raise these as fundamental problems?

QFT, fabulous post my friend. The police and military seem to be against us now. Granted, there is always an exception or two lingering, but out of the hundreds of thousands, a few hundred does no good, imo.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

Hey Alethea. You may be right, but the protest was going on outside of their living quarters. If a mass protest is happening outside of your house right on your very street, and the cops are there (naturally) would you not be curious? They didn't go to the protest. The protest came to them. And the police should not have fired gas at the college residents.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   

There were reports of a sniper who shot at the Guardsmen.
How were they going to class, if there was a standing general curfew, and classes were cancelled?
Accidents happen. How do you think the parents of the 4 dead, and the paralyzed feel now that May 4 Day is used as an excuse to drink all day, smoke marijuana and burn couches?

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
In reply to Cosmic egg: There are many that aspire to lead with pure intentions of furthering mankind, but very few people that actually pursue that goal. Those that end up actively pursuing their goal to be a world leader and succeed are those that usually have intentions that are twisted and contorted. This is why, in history, man looks like a very cruel being, but were not to say the least. Those leaders arent bothered that others dont feel they are doing their job right, in fact they may feel that they are doing their job right because others are bothered.

On a different note I feel gun control can be a good idea, only when you decide to talk about the control of weaponry of both your citizens and your domestic police force. What you see today is obviously quite different. Unarmed citizens in Pittsburgh are being effected by tear gas along with a very scary looking police force. If we can restrict gun usage amongst the populus of actual criminals and those who cannot responsibly bear a weapon, then we can also restrict the weaponry of the police force. Two solutions are solved. First the citizens do not need to fear a Federal take over or a police assault. If the citizens have nothing to fear they can lay down their arms and everyone can be safe to live a happy long life.
Of course today is quite different and we citizens are seeing gun laws and lawmakers that continue to make them more harsh. Of course this is all just part of the slow and eventual hijack of the government and control.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   

reply to post by realshanti

They looked like an unruly mob to me.

I guess I have more experience in this area cause that was NO riot my friend - people standing around is hardly unruly - people chanting does not unruly make - people sprayed with tear-gas get unruly very quickly as they are dispersing - once the tear-gas is sprayed makes it easier for the cops to make arrests - they just pick off the stragglers and those having trouble remaining ambulatory...this was small potatoes compared to other events however...

The thing is the POTB did not want to have another WTO Seattle on their hands which was also caused by demonstrators on edge and Nervous Cops Gone Wild - once the cops let loose there's no reason for the demonstrating citizen to hold back other than fear of arrest ...And often the demonstrating citizen is so pissed off by what he's witnessed he's ready to open a can of whup ass regardless of the consequences and THEN it becomes a riot - I have witnessed these things up close and personal more than once - just sayin how it really is -

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure this is the street level view of the scene. It doesn't look like a riot. It looks like curious people wandering about and watching the police spectacle. They formed a line and tried to clear the street of people minding their own business and not committing any visible crimes.

[edit on 26/9/2009 by kosmicjack]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by realshanti

You are shown snippets on YouTube by people who support the protestors, and think that's the only side of the story. What did they edit, or choose not to film? Surely they weren't gassed for the fun of it.
I've been in DC during plenty of World Bank/IMF demonstrations, and all resulted in violence and destruction of property, until stricter rules for protests and permits were enacted, as well as the police taking more proactive measures.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by stevegmu

Please. Just. Stop.

There was no riot, there wasn't going to be any damn riot. In case you didn't see the videos posted right above you, the police descended upon a busy street where people were going about their business.

The part that really frightens me is, that they never even sent patrol cars to redirect traffic? Nothing. They just started marching down the street? This is obviously just a display a force, intimidation. They never meant to redirect traffic or "clear the street", they just wanted a display of intimidation and to show people that they can just march the streets anywhere, and anytime, without traffic safety, or any warning whatsoever.

The actual people doing the footwork, the cops, the sergeants and the officers in general, have no idea what they're doing.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

Correct, not a riot. Riots are not organized. This incident was on Friday evening, after the Summit was complete. The protesters came up with another way to create a ruckus. Those wacky protesters. Tell me this wasn't an intentional effort to incite the police to provide more youtube fodder. What better place than a college campus? I'm not saying the police didn't over-react, mind you.

Police shot "bean bags" filled with rubber pellets to disperse about 40 demonstrators that gathered at a plaza for a "rally against police brutality" organized by Twitter messages.

A large throng of hundreds of students came out of their nearby dorms to watch the police in riot gear surround the protesters in the plaza and were also told to disperse.

Police used pepper gas and an acoustic device that emitted an ear-splitting noise to send students fleeing for cover.

www.reuters.com...

[edit on 9/26/2009 by Phage]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I didn't see any protesters until the very end. From the beginning, they just started marching across downtown Pittsburgh, literally moving around buses and cars and then reforming their formation. (Wtf? Honestly.) The people in the cars must have been feeling pretty ashamed to be an American at the point in time.

After they marched clear across several public roadways, busy streets, businesses, gridlock traffic, etc. They THEN met a gathered crowd at the campus.

I know this was the same police formation from beginning to end in the recent video montage, because you can clearly see in the final video that a young girl approaches the formation, with her friend pulling her back. The cops take her down, beat her a few times and then the camera man runs. In the other video, you can see this same young girl from behind and closer.

After all that, they Finally approach the campus. (What was the point of the Nazi force shock troop exercise the entire way there?) So, rightfully so, everyone at the end of the march, supposedly "protesting", stood their ground because they probably didn't know what the phuck was going on? They probably thought, hey.. something's wrong here, we need to tell them to phuck off even if only for a minute until they shoot at us.

Yeah.. those damn protesters, marching down the streets beating the sh!t out of young girls.. damn them protesters. (?)

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

Yes, I saw them. i also saw they were posted by sympathizers of the protestors. Do you actually think they would post the footage showing destruction of property, and them throwing things at the police?

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
If any cops tried to pull that stunt around where I live, at least half of them, if not All of them, would be stone-cold dead on the street. I am not joking. Cops marching down the street donned in science fiction movie battle armor, beating the piss out of young women... ?

Yeah, dead. There would be no more law to respect, and I probably would happen to join in on the defense of my townspeople and commence with the bloodshed.

They know better then to try and pull this crap, of this magnitude with such arrogant flair, in rural (armed) America. They don't mind doing it in complacent (disarmed) Pittsburgh, PA however.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

I'm pretty sure the residents of Pittsburg are happy their city wasn't destroyed by the 'protestors.'

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join