It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ever known anyone who was murdered?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a guy that i used to work with and was kind of friendly with was just murdered a couple of days ago.
i'm kinda feelin weird about the whole thing. like life is getting put into perspective.
we were not great buds but were on friendly terms. he was real stand offish and i imagine he talked junk to the wrong person.
they still have not cought the guy that killed him.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I've known a couple of people who was murdered. I've also know people who died very young in life. People who were just out of high school really. It is an experience unlike any other. What I learned from those experiences isn't what you will necessarily learn. You need to be aware of your feelings to learn the lessons you need to learn.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
yes, my old boss.
took a shotgun to the head behind his house.
speculation as to whether the wife and her lover did it, or those he owed money to.
nobody ever took the fall for the crime.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
A good friend in High School, after graduation moved to DC. Two weeks later he was stabbed to death. Unsolved

A friend at work. We worked OT all night. He went home after work, was in a knife fight, hands sliced, stabbed multiple times, body dumped in a forest.

All clues pointed to his wife, but in cook county, back then, no one was ever convicted of murder 1. She & her boyfriend served no time.

The first guy was 19 and very friendly.
The second was about 28, hard worker, fun to be around.

RIP Bill & Cliff.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Actually, yes I do. For no more population that's here, I feel it's quite a few. One was a hit, and I'm aware of who possibly did it. Were both people I knew and conversed with. Last one was a dude that adopted his daughter's dysfunctional 12 year old son. The kid snuck up behind his Grandfather while he was sitting in his recliner...blew his head off with a 16 guage shotgun.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   
My best friend was murdered in the beginning of august!

She was found in a rolled up carpet that the guy tried to set on fire!
Family was called in after finally reporting her missing to identify this body. They were not allowed to see the body(must of been in really bad shape) and the body was never returned. It was her!

I was supposed to go out with her and some of her friends that Saturday, I declined(I have a natural radar for staying out of trouble)all dressed up and ready to go - to bed.

Her friends left her at the bar(closing) with 3 guys and the doorman who ushered them out is still having nightmares.

A little while later I got some inside info from a young female cop who peaked at her file...It said - She was murdered at the place she was found. There were video cameras...She was consenting into going in the place with one man...then you see her running back to the door...you see the man grab her from behind and pulling her back...you see the man...leaving 4 hours later! There was a similar type of murder a few weeks later...The cops are doing nothing...

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
A friend of mine I grew up with since primary school was murdered by her ex boyfriend. He was meant to be at work and she was collecting some of her belongings from his house. A friend of his called him and he turned up and hacked at her with a machete. Whats worse is her mum was on the phone to her while it was happening. I bet that friend of his feels like crap....

Good news is that the boyfriend was found hung in his prison cell on the morning of her funeral.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
yes, my old boss.
took a shotgun to the head behind his house.
speculation as to whether the wife and her lover did it, or those he owed money to.
nobody ever took the fall for the crime.

yes, I just quoted myself..cause I never knew this..and wow..just wow...

www.nugget.ca...

He was a great guy...best boss I had.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Yes! one of my best friends was robbed and then murdered by two 'bad women' with his own pistol in Caracas Venezuela.

He probably went to the bathroom and they must had taken his gun from the kitchen cabinet where he always put the gun while being home, and shot him dead on the hallway floor, where he later was found.

Another friend who is in the Homocide Squad tracked the women down and apparently killed them when they tried to open fire against him.

The moral of this story has to be:

Don't pick up two wild & sexy looking women alone and then bring them to your house after a party, while being drunk!

RIP my friend!

[edit on 8-10-2009 by Chevalerous]

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   
A girl I went through both Primary and Secondary school was knifed to death by a jealous boyfriend.
She was a very gentle person.

A friend of mine who was a well known 'face' around town was beaten to death with a baseball bat.

A lad I knew was murdered by someone who was 'just having some fun'.

A friend of mine's girlfriend, who I knew a little bit, was murdered, dismembered and allegedly partially eaten in a high profile murder case in N.E. England.
My friend subsequently murdered someone I knew vaguely in an attempt to get locked up with his girlfriends murderer and seek revenge.
When this obvioulsy failed he hung himself in prison.
A truly tragic case.

Someone else who I knew quite well but wouldn't regard a friend was killed and then set on fire after an arguement over drugs.

To be perfectly honest, I'm getting quite depressed righting this.

I know a couple of other people who have been murdered and a couple who have been rumoured to have been murdered but their death's were officially put down to other causes.

Pretty grim reading really.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
My school counselor had made an appointment with me to meet and discuss possible career options/training. When I showed up an hour after school was officially closed the door was locked. I could hear noises inside but no one would open to my repeated knocking and calling out.

I was upset that she was "poofing me off" and went home. Later that night on the 10:00 news it was reported that she had been raped and murdered by the janitor. I was devastated as she was probably still alive and hoping to God I had the sense to realize something was wrong and call the police.

I was a teenager and it never occurred to me that something that horrific was happening. I still feel guilty for that one.

Another one was the infamous "steak house murders" where 6 employees were marched into the walk-in freezer one by one and shot by Roger Dale Stafford. I was supposed to start working there that very night and at the last minute just decided to not show up. The only time in my life I've been a "no-call, no-show".

My step father was murdered in a knife fight.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Yes, a co-worker at a bar I worked in (years ago).

She and I were not close, but she was cool... fun to work with. Bar was closed, but she had allowed some "friends" of her's to stay after-hours while she finished locking up... they shot her and stole all the money.

I remember feeling really weird about it too... like I should be really upset, though I wasn't so much upset as I was just feeling kinda dazed, I guess.

top topics

join