It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Netanyahu Powerful Speech to Un Includes Minutes Of Holocaust meeting

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Oh, that Netanyahu, all I got to say is "bulge it, baby!"

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by seabisquit

Are you suggesting that Iran wants to commit genocide?

Because frankly that is ridiculous and i haven't heard anything suggesting such a thing from Israel.

In my opinion the holocaust is not relevent to Iran's alleged development of nuclear weapons.

It's an incredibly important historical subject yes, but it has no relevence in this particular instance.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Nobody walked out on that speech . They fell asleep 2 sentences in .

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

Ahmadinejad has made no secret of their intentions and fully intends to see their nuclear program come to its full fruition.

www.reuters.com/article/.../idUSDAH23449220080602

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   

I know what he was trying to do. My point is that instead of continually using the holocaust as justification for doing whatever they like, perhaps he should also use this as a lesson himself. Genocide can be, does, and did occur to groups other than simply the Jews. Genocide can be and is perpetrated by states and individuals that historically have been victims. Perhaps Netanyahu should study the lesson himself instead of simply trying to remind the world of Hilter's atrocities.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Yeah but no where did it say they would use nuclear weapons on Israel.

It would be folly. They would be annihilated in return.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

Ahmadinejad has previously stated his intention to stage an event which would cause their 12th Imam to crawl out of his well and if that caused their own destruction then so be it; their sacrifice would solidify the rest of the Islamo-fascists against the state of Israel, eventually destroying them. It would be the will of Allah.

[edit on 24-9-2009 by seabisquit]

[edit on 24-9-2009 by seabisquit]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Well I dont' know about that and i don't like the term islamo-fascist either.

If Israel attacks Iran then i'll have no sympathy for whatever consequences Israel may incur as a result.

I don't want to see a war and i no more want to see Israel destroyed than i do Iran.

[edit on 24/9/09 by Kram09]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabisquit
As Netananyahu explained in his speech today after the Israelis capitulated by removing thousnads of their own people from Gaza to placate the Palestinians for peace hezbollah increased their mortar/missile launches dramatically. They put up with it for 8 years ,while the Un did nothing, until they had to deal with the problem themselves.

If the Un fails to act against Iranian aggression they can expect the same results.

Hamas, not Hezbollah are the Palestinian group.

It's no wonder Americans and the like are easily led on the Middle East issue and blindly follow what they do, because it's obvious some people have opinions on something they know bugger all about.

Go educate yourself on the truth, not what FOX news spits out about Israel and Palestine. I've seen their coverage and it's so thin on facts and full of utter bollocks that it might as well be fiction.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09

[I don't want to see a war and i no more want to see Israel destroyed than i do Iran.]

Glad we can agree on that.

The brunt of his speech was how could the Un even allow Ahmadinejad to speak when he denies the Holocaust and stated he would wipe Israel off the map. In other words, how can they lend support to this mans ideals of a "new" Holocaust?

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Indeed, however i quote Article 19 of the UN Universal Declaration of Human Rights:

"Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this right includes freedom to hold opinions without interference and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers."

Universal Declaration of Human Rights

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

My error -it was Hamas that attacked Israel for 8 years from Gaza. IMO the two groups are equally considered Islamo-fascists..

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

So you think Ahmadinejad can say, as a freedom of speech, that he wants to wipe Israel off the face of the earth?

Rep. Wilson's "You Lie" brought more condemnation than that statement.

Do you also agree that anyone can yell fire in a crowded theatre as a right to their freedom of speech?

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   

As Voltaire is said to have remarked:

"I may not believe in what you say, but i will fight for your right to say it."

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

Off topic but worth it to see that picture again.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Do you think Israel has just as much right, in openly talking about a military stike on Iran?

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   

There's a big difference between the two if you care to look close enough.

Hezbollah only exists to "defend" Lebanon after repeated Israeli incursions intot he country. Israel actually does have a "working" relationship with them, to an extent and Hezbollah is relatively moderate. They also not prone to suicide bombings or other random attacks against civilians, abr their rocket attacks which are unguided anyway and were directed mostly at towns where IDF forces were massing. They are also only seen as terrorists by a handful of countries, namely Canada, the USA, the UK and a couple of other EU countries.

Hamas, on the other hand, are a bunch of quite crazy loons, unwilling to negotiate and are as much to blame for the violence as Israel. Both sides violate ceasefires and cause unnecessary civilian deaths.

Big difference between the two.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

He also said " False words are not only evil in themselves,but they infect the soul with evil"

And yes I believe Israel has the right to a pre-emptive strike on Iran's nuclear facilities just as they were right to destroy the nuclear facilities in Iraq and Syria.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Fair enough, however does not Iran, have just as much right as Israel to voice it's greivances?

You seem perfectly happy for the Israeli Prime Minister to do so at the UN General Assembly, yet seem to dislike the idea of Iran's President being able to do the same.

You said the UN was practically useless, or words to that effect, obviously the UN becomes useless if it starts to pick and choose who can speak and what exactly they speak about.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Originally posted by MrVertigo
Gee... Israel invoking the holocaust in order to gain support for its policies. Well that's a new one

that being a new one is very much Breaking News

so why was this moved to current events?

Wait...what?! The Holocaust is "Breaking News"??!! A little late, there, aren't we Bibi?

Seriously, we know. Why is this being brought to the floor of the UN, anyway? I doubt the Iranian delegates were even there. And if it was to show those who were there that it could happen again....isn't that kind of paranoid?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join