It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Minority Report Style Technology Coming To The UK

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Ok whilst not quite Minority Report the newly proposed system is very invasive and scary as it may falsly get someone in trouble. The article can be found here.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

To break this system down it uses a system of cameras and software to detect suspicious behavior. Quoted behaviors in the article are

Criteria that ISIS will look for are likely to include clothing such as hooded tops, sudden movements, odd behaviour such as moving seats and verbal aggression.

I know i've moved seats, due to a draught or something like that at a train station, how is that odd behavior? Sudden movements? What about people who have twitches and ticks, someone with tourettes would be setting the system off quite often and could easily argue harrassment after being stopped multiple times a day. Hooded tops? Are you kidding me? What if it's raining? If they set the system to recognise rain then i still ask what right the government has to tell people they can't wear a hooded top and yet Burkas are still fully allowed. The hypocrisy there is kind of shocking.

Oh but there's more

Metal detectors, motion detectors and even microphones could eventually be added to sharpen the system further.

Microphones and metal detectors, seriously? The government has absolutely no right whaatsoever to eavesdrop on my private conversations unless they suspect i'm a terrorist. It seems we are going further and further down the line of assuming people are guilty rather than innocent.

This entire thing stinks. Why don't they just go all out and get a Stasi like system going.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   
This country has already set the standard for a NWO police state imo.
Ironic thing is i actually work with CCTV in my job and let me tell ya its not all that great at the moment after all the camera operators are human. Once we have computers and databases running every street cam in the country then its time to worry. Even registration plate readings from special cameras are not 100%. Even facial recognition is not commonly used in the uk.
At the moment they just catch criminals and do keep people protected to a degree i know for a fact people feel a lot safer while they are around. The only ones that dont like them is criminals and youths who are anti-social.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Ezappa

Saying that only criminals and anti social youths don't like the cameras is an attempt to immediately discredit anyone who is against widespread CCTV. I have many reasons i am against it.

1. The financial cost, at a time of economic trouble we cannot afford the system we have let alone this new one that is in it's infancy of being proposed.

2. The complete failure of the system. Whilst it has caught some people the prosecution rate in London i think was around 3%. The simple fact is people just hide their faces, hardly an effecctive system.

3. I don't like the idea of being observed everywhere i go. I'm not up to no good i just remember that Stalin and others were quite fond of the idea of surveilling their citizens and CCTV covering the country would have been their ideal.

If you are saying that only criminals and anti social youths have to worry then why not put a camera in everyones home? After all, nothing to hide, nothing to fear right?

It always amazes me how people are so willing to throw away their freedoms.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Soon the cameras will have guns on them.

It will happen first in England.

Go ahead and laugh.

Edit: I suppose a taser might be used first.

Okay - laugh now.

[edit on 24-9-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 04:58 AM
link   
All of this is highly illegal and an invasion of our civil liberties.

Yet as much as we whinge and moan in typical British manner, we do absolutely nothing and will wait till it is too late before we do anything.

This once great naation has lost it's balls and become a nation of eunuchs who just blindly accept everything that is imposed upon them as long as they get their fix of Coronation Street, X Factor, Carling Black Label, Match Of The Day and a weekly shag!

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

You might find this interesting:
Project Hostile Intent - the real 'Minority Report'

Thanks.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

I can see one place where this technology could be useful and that is in the Houses of Parliament, and also placed in their cars and homes, monitoring movements, conversations and liaisons of all members of Parliament. That might stop them fiddling expenses, doing corrupt deals, having affairs, committing fraud and employing illegal immigrants. That would prevent crime before it happened. It seems that is where control and observation is sorely needed as they are the identified group that cannot adhere to the laws. They can leave the rest of us alone.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Quite some time ago I read an article which stated that 'they' had enough CCTV coverage that a computer programme was being developed that could predict human behaviour through body language. The intention was to then integrate with CCTV and thus warn / arrest people prior to the committing of an offence.

I in my naivety thought it was a long way off.
Obviously not bearing in mind what the OP has highlighted, and here;

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I am almost certain that several other related programmes have been reported here on ATS.

The Thought Police are imminent.
When do we take a stand?

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Let us forget the civil liberties argument for a moment. This technology is not foolproof, in fact it's far from foolproof. Someone in a rush to get a to job, someone with leg or back problems that gives them an unusual gait, someone who has balance problems, someone with tourettes syndrome or even OCD will all appear to be abnormal on this system. It seems that they will either get a verbal warning or will be questioned by police.

Now imagine you are unfortunate enough to have one of these problems, let's take OCD as an example. Being regularly stopped by police and questioned would cause a serious feeling of harrasment and worse than that could make the condition worse! People with OCD are prone to obsessive thoughts of paranoia. If they are stopped often then it could have terrible consequences.

This entire system needs to be shot down now before it gathers any momentum.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   
This technology was used on me at school in 1992, so why do they speak about it coming now. Its bull, they cannot tell of any degree of accuracy what any your thoughts mean in the real world.

the people who use the technology are the thickest people going. The technology has to be interpreted and they cannot interpret any thoughts of mine, and i have lived with these clowns doing this to me for 17 and half years, so why would they be able to understand someone elses thoughts.

In the movie the tech may work, but not in real life.

In real life the tech is there to destroy anyones life they want.

Take it fom someone with 17 years of being a victim of this tech, the people using it are absolutely thick. They cannot understand anyones intentions. They have absolutely destroyed my life using this rubbish, and not one of them will ever be put into prison for what really is commiting my murder.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

I appreciate this maybe a private matter but how did they use this technology on you 17 years ago?

I am unaware that this technology was available then.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

I am unaware that this technology was available then.

Psychotronic, direct-sound and DEW technology has been available and used covertly on citizens for decades now.

Things such as direct sound/ ultrasound devices are now even being used in advertising. (Whereas they have been more infamously used to target individuals, often dissidents or victims of off-budget experiments (black ops).)

However even now and despite the public use of this technology; 'doctors' are diagnosing victims of this technology as crazy - and when the person suggests this tech may be the cause of their voices (because they only hear it outside); the quack would probably say that person suffers from 'aggrandized feeling of self-importance' or some such nonsense, on the basis that they believe that they - of all people - were being targeted by the government....

I laugh, but only because I am reminded of the complicity of the psychiatric class in the soviet Union.

Imagine what one could do to a person by making them hear voices in their head, telling them to do things. You could even play the sound of of war and murder until they go insane or do what he voices tell them so it will stop...
. Once they tell their doctor, they are institutionalized, given a psychological record and effectively neutralized or discredited.

Microwave and directed energy weapons have also been used and tested. One of the more famous cases involved the Soviets targeting and American embassy.

In fact, LRADS and microwave weapons have already been deployed in Iraq. LRADS are already being brought to demonstration and microwave weapons will soon be used too.

There also exists weapons that can alter the state of mind of individuals using non-sound based means.

It is quite terrifying to read about this stuff, so I'll leave you to it.

[edit on 24-9-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

When i was at school it first started. they totally destroyed my life with it. My family and friends now i am monitored 24/7 and have been since 1992 when i was doing my alevels.

Trust me the people doing this are useless monkeys, who have no idea of how to interpret a human thought into anything real world.

I could think 10 things none of which i mean, and the loons monitoring me, will believe every single thought.

They come out with how your brain lights up in certain areas when you lie, and how they can tell if your thoughts are true.

Well my life has proven all this technology useless. They took my life at school and absolutely destroyed it,a nd decided they would monitor me for the rest of my life, giving me no privacy. they just make up rubbish so they can target people.

The ultimate way to target anyone you want, as the general public are mostly just useless eaters who never think, and have no idea how these things work.

The abuses must be enormous for this technology, and how they wreck lifes.

If there is another person on this planet who has more experience than me as a victim of this technology, i would laugh in there face. I have 17.5 years of experience, of what this c1nts do and how they abuse these things to wreck any person they want.

If you read some of my history on this board, i have gone into alot of what happened.

BUT REMEMBER EVERYONE HERE, NONE OF THESE TECHNOLOGIES HAVE ANY REAL PRACTICAL USE, OTHER THAN DESTROYING THE VICTIMS THEY WANT TO TARGET.

My life as i have said so many times before, has proven beyond any doubt,a nd i have lived with this half my life now, that these people are the thickest loons on the earth, and they have no critical thinking skills at all.

I could talk for ages about what these people do, and how the tech they use have one very stupid weakness, i.e humans.

Just thank god everyone here that your thoughts in your mind are only for you to understand. In essence we all live in our own world, or universe, and the thoughts going through our minds are our own, no one on earth can interpret one single sentence that goes through your mind. I have proved this so many times.

The technology is rubbish as the weakness, humans are beyond stupid, and how they should be in prison for murdering my life, in every way they have done, except i am still breathing.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I wonder just how long it will be before the United States follows the UK's lead in these violations of civil rights? Not far I am sure as the United States Military wants to post 400,000 troops on US soil. It is already bad enough that the German Air Force is allowed to bomb cattle in New Mexico - but that's another story!

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Upto now camera operaters do not follow citizens on CCTV without good cause and with the beleif they are about to or have already commited a criminal offence.

CCTV installed in gas stations / supermarkets is to protect the staff that work there more than anyting else. Any private premesis that have and use CCTV must state it clearly on the entrance of the building, giving you the choice on entering or not. If you go in then u have agreed to be monitored.

This Minority Report Technology is gonna bring the UK into total police state tho

[edit on 25/9/09 by Ezappa]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Stuff like this happens when governments become paranoid of their own people.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ezappa
Upto now camera operaters do not follow citizens on CCTV without good cause and with the beleif they are about to or have already commited a criminal offence.

Really? Becuase cameras in London are already having facial recognition technology installed that follows everyone, not just someone they think is causing trouble. The entire thing is an invasion of privacy and the old "nothing to hide, nothing to fear" argument is a cop out. It is designed to make anyone who disagrees to seem like a criminal. People simply have different limits on their privacy, whilst some may be happy to have a camera in their own home, others don't want a camera within a mile of them.

I fall into the second group

top topics

join