It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Reserve Admits Hiding Gold Swap Arrangements, GATA Says

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Federal Reserve Admits Hiding Gold Swap Arrangements, GATA Says

www.campaignforliberty.com

MANCHESTER, Conn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The Federal Reserve System has disclosed to the Gold Anti-Trust Action Committee Inc. that it has gold swap arrangements with foreign banks that it does not want the public to know about.

The disclosure, GATA says, contradicts denials provided by the Fed to GATA in 2001 and suggests that the Fed is indeed very much involved in the surreptitious international central bank manipulation of the gold price particularly and the currency markets generally.

The Fed's disclosure came this week in a letter to GATA's Washington-area lawyer, William J. Olson of
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
A lot of things are happening with gold and the dollar.

-gold broke 1000 dollars/ounce in September
-the dollar is still tanking
-the U.S. insulted China a few times by trying to hold restrictions over them, to which Palin of all people had to apologize, which is significant since china has a trillion dollars in reserve.
-and although this is a stretch, a lot of prominent Rockefeller CEO's have died/killed recently
-with H.R. 1207 hitting the house floor on Friday and this revelation brought to light, it almost seems like the fed is either slipping up majorily, unable to resist the power of the people, or choosing to sink the ship. I hope it's not the third one.

I also find it interesting that the audit of the fed and the G20 will be occuring on the same day. What a day!

www.campaignforliberty.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 23-9-2009 by ancient_wisdom]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Wish I had something meaningful to add to this other than those into gold and their stocks have known for years how it has been manipulated.

I can only guess they couldn't keep it below 1000 or they are, as you say, going to allow it to do it's things and allow everything to tank.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
In regards to the value of the dollar, I was somewhat shocked that the local dollar store has now changed there dollar store prices to $1.10

So, now it's the dollar dime store

Suggesting to me that the dollar has supposedly than lost 10% of it's value....in that store. I'm still tempted on cashing in my 401k for gold or just silver. Possibly even foreign currency like Canadian coins. I suppose it's possibly too late for that now.

I was under the impression the government knows where most of the gold veins are located by using high tech equipment and satellites.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ancient_wisdom

you know I have been asking myself this same question...unfortunately option 3 may be the right answer. I think there was a thread here a week or 2 ago suggesting the same thing.

one part of me wants to believe that this disclosure of info is due to the people demanding answers... the other part thinks this may just be part of their plan.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by wakinup13
you know I have been asking myself this same question...unfortunately option 3 may be the right answer. I think there was a thread here a week or 2 ago suggesting the same thing.

one part of me wants to believe that this disclosure of info is due to the people demanding answers... the other part thinks this may just be part of their plan.

I am worried about that too.

I am also worried that they don't want it to die but the dollar is in such a death spiral that they can't do anything and they are just rats jumping ship.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
You know, tomorrow is the 140 year anniversary of "Black Friday". On September 24, 1869 the Gould-Fisk clique attempted to corner the gold supply. After forcing the price up from 150 to 162.5 at noon the price tanked causing failures and panic.

Maybe the Fed went heavy on Gold with a 1 trillion and change purchase knowing their little reserve note was going to tank. This, along with the knowledge of an up and coming new currency, may have positioned themselves well for the up and coming.

[edit on 23-9-2009 by The Undertaker]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Undertaker
This, along with the knowledge of an up and coming new currency, may have positioned themselves well for the up and coming.

[edit on 23-9-2009 by The Undertaker]

I've seen a lot of talk about a "new currency" but only rumors, do you have any other sources I could read up on this that show some specifics about this?

Tx

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Many economists have said that the price of gold has been manipulated and this is just more proof that.

Is it ok to say that i hate the Federal Reserve and that i wish it was dissolved. Our economy would be hurt for awhile but in the long run it would be better.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
This is old-school stuff. Packaged up in 21st century marketing.

They did this to the oil-countries, didn't they. Making deals - getting them to buy gold high - then obliging them to sell low? Haven't the money masters been at this game for a century now?

The Global Central Bank Cartel = globally-organized criminal exploitation for both wealth and power...

That would make a good debate topic, no?

top topics

join