It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Qaddafi Lauds Obama, Then Launches Into Rambling Attack on U.N.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Muammar Gadaffi lecturing on human rights is like Jenna Jameson lecturing on the virtues of celibacy. Absolute joke.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by mattpryor

As opposed to America's human rights record?

*COUGH* Guantanamo *COUGH*

*COUGH* Abu Ghraib *COUGH*

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

Oh come on - Americans have more individual rights than they know what to do with. Same goes for most people that live in the West. We're spoiled, and we don't know how good we've got it.

If you have the wealth to own a computer and the freedom to sit and bitch about your government, then things aren't really that bad!

I suspect we'll all be in for a rude awakening quite soon though. The balance of power is shifting towards those with wealth and oil - Chavez, Gaddafi, Ahmadinejad, et al - and I don't think you'll find them kind or benevolent bosses.

But by all means carry on deluding yourself to the contrary if it makes you feel happier

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   

I am not deluding myself, i am merely showing the other side of the coin.

Some Americans feel it is perfectly acceptable to talk down about other countries and criticise them, but when people do the same to America, they don't like it and call it America bashing.

Some might claim what i just said in my previous post was America bashing, but believe me that's tame. I could write worse.

There is a lot of hypocrisy.

Yeah Libya has a poor human rights record, but America isn't exactly the beacon of light and democracy in the world at the moment is it?

I know there are some who think it is, but in my opinion it's just a myth.

Also i'd like to point out that just becaue my opinion may differ from yours does not make me delusional.

[edit on 24/9/09 by Kram09]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattpryor
reply to post by Kram09

Oh come on - Americans have more individual rights than they know what to do with. Same goes for most people that live in the West. We're spoiled, and we don't know how good we've got it.

If you have the wealth to own a computer and the freedom to sit and bitch about your government, then things aren't really that bad!

I suspect we'll all be in for a rude awakening quite soon though. The balance of power is shifting towards those with wealth and oil - Chavez, Gaddafi, Ahmadinejad, et al - and I don't think you'll find them kind or benevolent bosses.

But by all means carry on deluding yourself to the contrary if it makes you feel happier

As one who feels duped, not deluded, I agree that we have had freedoms, as we the people have fought for them!! However, we who can see that in the hidden agendas and propaganda in recent days, that many of these freedoms are being taken away.

I guess you are one of the lucky ones who hasn't felt the loss of your job, and then had to sit for 10 hours in an emergency room, knowing you couldn't pay the over $2000 bill to find you didn't have a broken arm, only sprained. There are cops in the hospitals as well, and they treat it like they are working in a jail!! Guess you haven't felt that.

Since the 1960's, the law books adding laws that have more than tripled the size of the original law books. Tell me that hasn't touched upon certain freedoms. How our children can make it through to adulthood without once going to court or jail for breaking one of those laws, is beyond me. Oh, but I forgot, you are one of the undeluded lucky ones. Wake up man!

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Of course, all the nuts, lunatics and freaks love Obama.

And why not, he surrendered to the world yesterday.

How's that Hope and Change working out for you Obama supporters?

Get ready for 50-60% tax rates. They're comming.

When do we start the impeachment process?

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by tomfrusso

Please explain how exactly Obama "surrendered to the world."

Second line.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

I suppose it depends on your world-view.

If you accept that great portions of the world are controlled by nasty power-crazy pieces of work with too much money on their hands and who honestly don't give a second thought to the well-being of the people they rule, and who have only taken steps to improve the standards of living for said people because America has forced / cajoled / encouraged them to, it could be seen as very dangerous to now be now offering those same rulers friendship and conciliation.

On the other hand, if you believe that all people, even dictators, are essentially kind human beings who share a common wish for a better future for all of humanity, then offering friendship and conciliation is exactly the right thing to do.

Or maybe it's somewhere in-between. Maybe America can continue to lead the world and keep the bad guys in check, but do so in a friendly and conciliatory manner.

As for me, I'm not American, but I believe the world is currently a better, more fair, more equitable place because of America's post-war influence. I don't think Americans have anything to apologise for, in fact in my view the world owes America a debt of gratitude.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   

I respect your opinion, but i have to say i strongly disagree.

The first half of your first paragraph could easily have been describing the United States.

There seems to be this idea, put forward generally by Americans, that the USA is somehow the bringer of peace and democracy in the world.
Many times have people refered to America as being the world's policeman. I have to say that if America is a policeman, its an incredibly corrupt and hypocritical one.

Since the end of the Second World War the United States has only acted in it's own interests. If the U.S was truely this beacon of hope, of liberty and freedom as we are led to believe then, surely we would have some military interventions in countries such as Zimbabwe or Burma or Darfur? I understand that many countries in Africa for example might resent interferene there due to the history if imperialism and colonialsim, but surely, there is far more justification for intervening in those countries then Iraq.

Here is a list of dictators and despots:

Robert Mugabe
Pol Pot
Francisco Franco
Augusto Pinochet
Idi Amin
Juan Peron
Fidel Castro
Muammar Qaddafi
Mao Zedong
General Suharto
Kim Jong-il
Than Shwe
Aleksandr Lukashenko

America did not free people from those dictators. They didn't bring freedom and liberty.

I think probably half of those dictators have at one time been propped up or supported by the United States, when it suits them.

I can think of General Noriega of Panama and Saddam Hussein that the United States has seen fit to remove from power. Hitler, Mussolini and Tojo don't exactly count as that wasn't just America, it was a joint effort and i might point out it was Germany who actually declared war upon the United States.

What about the U.S invasion of Grenada in 1983. It was a member of the Commonwealth and the invasion was criticised strongly by the UN who called it a flagrant violation of international law.

The U.S military's use of depleted uranium in the Gulf War.

Also America's contiuned support of the actions of the Israeli government and its sheer hypocrisy when it comes to the issues of democracy and human rights. Not to mention its stance on Iran at the moment regarding nuclear weapons.

As i mentioned in my previous post, we need only look to Guantanamo and the Abu Ghraib scandal, as well as the illegal war in Iraq which was strongly opposed around the world and sold to everybody on a foundation of lies.

The Patriot Act is further testament to the U.S.A's blatent disregard for human rights and democracy. The U.S government makes such a mockery of the Consitution that George Washington and Thomas Jefferson are probably rolling in their graves.

As i said i respect your opinion, but i very much disagree. But as always you are entitled to your opinion.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

Like I said, different world views - you have yours, I have mine and I suppose time will tell whose is correct

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

It was a lot worse when the US was laughing stock for having elected a village idiot for presidency twice in a row.

Amen to that! Besides, wasn't Liberia forced to take in the kister with no vaseline during the Bush era? Being a part in that "Axis of Evil"?

I just think that since Obama is up there he thinks he can just vent alittle. Well go ahead..this world have already known some dictators that are worse than he is..hell we've seen governments that are dictatorships.

Let him strut his stuff. BTW He is probably calling him Kenyan because that's what his father is. Remember it's a different culture over there, we may identify with the birth mother (HA!) but they identify with the father.

Nothing to see, move along.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by cenpuppie

You sure know how to kill a thread...
No soup for you!!!

I think we are going to be experiencing some really incredible times. Both good and bad...

Even though people are arguing their differences, I'm starting to see more and more common ground. (i.e.- Gaddafi and some of his theories about the U.S.)

Is this good or bad... I don't know... hopefully I find out the truth in this life-time. If not... it was nice knowing ya!

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I'm about 8 min into the speach and I have no idea what this chucklehead is talking about.

I almost wonder if that was a poorly done plastic surgery version of a body double. Oh well, Libyan cosmetic surgery is evidently on par with Libyan air defense.

Libyan hair dye, on the other hand, is clearly potent s**t.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Heard about this on the news. BBC and all the major news networks are ridiculing this guy. Myself I'm baffled, I think he stuck it to them good. And good for him.

Being pretty much totally uninformed about the UN. It was quite a bombshell to me, when he revealed that UN policy is dictated by the rich countries in the security council, instead of being decided by the general assembly. Has anyone got a good explanation as to why this is the current system?

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by cenpuppie

Amen to that! Besides, wasn't Liberia forced to take in the kister with no vaseline during the Bush era? Being a part in that "Axis of Evil"?

Liberia? What has Liberia got to do with the discussion?

And fyi, Bush named Iran, Iraq, and North Korea as the Axis of Evil.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Who can actually take Qaddafi seriously? I think Eldorado Canyon rattled his brain a little bit too much.

His speech sounds like it was written by a crackhead, and he's dressing like your gramma on a Bloody Mary bender. Or Santana. Or Doctor Love. Who knows, it's all J-lo and fancy dresses like it's the MTV Music Awards.

(Qaddafi) "mmm agh Somalia is not agh pirates they..."
(Enter Kanye) "YO I'ma let you finish...but Iran had one of the best threats of the year yo"

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65
(Qaddafi) "mmm agh Somalia is not agh pirates they..."
(Enter Kanye) "YO I'ma let you finish...but Iran had one of the best threats of the year yo"

ROTFLMAO... You Beat Me to It!!

Good one!

Kanye is going to be the butt-end of the joke for quite a while.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09

Here is a list of dictators and despots:

Robert Mugabe
Pol Pot
Francisco Franco
Augusto Pinochet
Idi Amin
Juan Peron
Fidel Castro
Muammar Qaddafi
Mao Zedong
General Suharto
Kim Jong-il
Than Shwe
Aleksandr Lukashenko

You forgot to add the Pakistani dictators like Musharraf who were supported by USA in Bush era.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by mattpryor
Muammar Gadaffi lecturing on human rights is like Jenna Jameson lecturing on the virtues of celibacy. Absolute joke.

It's like Israel preaching about Human Right lmao@

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join