It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Qaddafi Lauds Obama, Then Launches Into Rambling Attack on U.N.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Me personally, I don't think the US involvement with the Vietnam war should have never happened in the first place...

But, from what I remember... Cambodia allowed the US to bomb...

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by x2Strongx

I actually wasn't aware that Cambodia allowed them, but it's not as if Cambodia could have actually stopped them is it?

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Surely I'm not the only one who thinks that man claiming to be Gaddafi was someone else wearing Gaddafi's face old leatherface stylee. I reckon it was Osama, either that or Jackson's underneath, keeping the face warm for when Madoff takes on the role.

[edit on 23-9-2009 by sharps]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by sharps

It's almost like seeing Burt Reynolds or Kenny Rogers right after their surgery. In Gaddafi's case... He just doesn't look like I remember. People think that Paul McCartney was replaced...

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by x2Strongx
But, from what I remember... Cambodia allowed the US to bomb...

I don't recall Cambodians allowing the US to nearly bomb them out of existence:

en.wikipedia.org...

However, in practice much of the bombing was indiscriminate, and hundreds of thousands of civilians were killed as a result. Estimates of civilian deaths vary from 100,000 to 600,000.

So, are you saying that half a million of civilian deaths (in Cambodia alone) inflicted by the US was the right thing to do?

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Under Prince Sihanouk, Cambodia had preserved neutrality during the Vietnamese civil war by giving a little to both sides: Vietnamese communists were allowed to use a Cambodian port to ship in supplies, the USA were allowed to bomb - secretly and illegitimately - Viet Cong hideouts in Cambodia.

Source Link:

Do I think it was right?!?! I believe I said that we shouldn't have been there in the first place.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Do I think it was right?!?! I believe I said that we shouldn't have been there in the first place.

OK, you mean to say that it was wrong but you are just an inch shy of that. Fine.

Now, assuming that the death of up to 600,000 Cambodian civilians was wrong, as many sane people say, would it be a big deal if yet another sane person, the POTUS, say exact same thing?

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   

We went through all of that... just to end up where we started?

Anyway... I didn't say that it was bad that he apologized... or said that we were wrong in some way. I was just stating that it did seem to me that he was apologizing. That's it... nothing else... zilch... zero... nada!

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   

I was just stating that it did seem to me that he was apologizing.

I don't think so but I respect your opinion. I wouldn't mind if he did apologize for a thing or two. Admitting one's mistakes once in a long while is a sign of courage.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   

I think the whole world would be a better place if more people would admit to their mistakes...

But... not to change the subject: Don't you think Obama deflects a lot of stuff saying that all the problems occurred due to past administrations. (i.e.- Bush, etc...)

But, yet he will never apologize for anything... oops. I take that back. He did apologize for saying that the "Cops acted stupidly"...

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Don't you think Obama deflects a lot of stuff saying that all the problems occurred due to past administrations. (i.e.- Bush, etc...)

Look, it's not as much deflection as statement of the obvious. He took his office after a whole 8 year of ruinous GWB's rule. Most of the crises we have to know solve were either originated by GWB or exacerbated by him. Obama will have his chance to screw everything up for us, don't worry, but for now he doesn't have that much of a "oops it's bad thing" list.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Am I the only one that thinks that wacko was high as a kite? look at his ramblings at the U.N. and look at his eyes.

Dude must have some really good hash with him that he is smoking.

Morocco used to have some really good hash. I wonder how good the Libyan stuff is?

Probably getting it from Afghanistan and Lebanon/Syria too.

It is obvious he is on something.

He has been babbling for years now,ever since Reagan almost whacked him.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by calcoastseeker

Well... there is a lot of Opium that is missing...

Maybe he is stock pilling it!!!

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
Where did you meet people (psychiatric asylums not included) that called for Obama to stay forever?

That's what I was wondering. I want to avoid these places if possible.

I didn't hear Qaddafi speak, but after reading this thread, I'm kind of glad I didn't.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   

What's wrong with this picture... when all the dictators of the world love Obama?!?!

- Does anyone else see these types of "Warning" flags?

Maybe it's our perspective?
Why do we need to have adversaries?

Libya has not had issues with the US for a couple of decades.

I'm not an Obama Fanboy but at least he is out and about talking to foreign leaders and seems for the most case putting a better foot forward compared to Bush who moved unilaterally. I'm still questioning his abandoning the missile shield. Time will tell if that one was a mistake...

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
LET ME SUM IT UP!

Libyan President Muammar Gadhafi demonstrated today that he, and not Barack Obama, is the Leader of the World; and that all of the nations of the earth, and not the U.N. Security Council, are the governing nations, by virtue of the U.N.'s Preamble!

THE PEOPLE OF THE EARTH ARE NOT STUPID!

The Gadhafi Speech was undoubtedly the single GREATEST SPEECH ever given at the U.N.
The Creator spoke today through Gadhafi, RIPPING THE MASK OFF THE FINANCIAL BEAST, OF FIAT CURRENCY AND USURY, THAT HAS ABUSED HUMANITY FOR CENTURIES; setting the stage was for the Battle of Armageddon, as Libya laid claim to Ezekiel's prophecy of "LIBYA" being strategically involved in the Battle of Armageddon.

America's and Great Britian's Days as Imperialist Aggressors of the World HAS COME TO AN END! The Lord spoke this to the world today, through Gadhafi.

America's and Great Britain's attempts to RULE the World is what antiChrist means: "IN THE PLACE OF GOD!"

The American people should take notice of the speech, for it was a tremendous speech, filled with truth! Gadhafi was correct, "Why has the American "JUST-US SYSTEM," concealed the JFK assassination records, if we are such a just and free people?"

The Gadhafi speech, even helps explains how even our own United States Constitution does not mean a damn thing, as those who are in power, the lawyers and bankers, have ripped our land apart, through Admiralty Jurisdiction, just as they have, and are, the entire world.

Furthermore, Gadhafi was correct, "WHOEVER SAID THAT THE UNITED NATIONS SHOULD HAVE TO MEET IN NYC?"

America just became irrelavent!

The U.N. was created by David Rockefeller's daddy and grand-daddy, to further their corrupt system of banking, and enslaving of the people of the earth, through their banking puppets.. the multinational corporations; whose lobbyists have controlled the American Congress for over a century, completely. It is this very same banking system that has just screwed the American people out of trillions of dollars, by transferring the debts of the foolish international bankers and their corporations to the ignorant American slave.

The people of the earth want GENUINE freedom, and not the illusion of the politically entrenched globalists who have been behind the tyranny of which he addressed, and nor their propagandists, CNN, the CIA, FOX NEWS CORP, et al.

It matters not what CNN or FOX, or the CIA, says, everyone who watches KNOWS, or is waking up fast, to the fact that what they are saying is but propaganda, meant to lead the minds of the people of earth astray.

We - the America people - have, like many throughout the entire world, learned to "read between the lines!" We are not ignorant of their obfuscations and deceptions.

They are arrogant in thinking that they can add SPIN - at any time they desire - and everyone will simply suck it up! Can you say "IT'S OVER!" We are now headed into the expansion phase of world government, that everyone said they wanted; and the Old Powerhouses are no longer relevant, as of TODAY!

NOW THIS IS YOUR NEWS STORY, CNN and FOX, WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT!

It is this power transfer, of which he spoke was necessary to bring about the alleged equity of the U.N.'s Preamble, that will bring about the worldwide struggles of the LAST WAR!

ARMAGEDDON IS COMING!
PROPHECY IS IN YOUR FACES!

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by calcoastseeker

Here's a picture of Qaddafi immediately after his facelift...

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I'm going to quote a friend of mine, because he said it better than I ever could.

He can be a fresh breeze if he wants. I'd rather that he was successful. I think it's quite naive to think that he'll be able to get the rest of the world to join him on his vision quest of peace and love. He's acting like lots of people from his generation who still think it's Woodstock and that they can reinvent the world if only we'd all take a toke or two and see the light. He's talking to a group of leaders who still chop body parts off for breaking the law.

It's a disgrace because like his string of previous apologies - it's illustrative of the fact that he's much better at getting elected than in governing. It's time to stop running against George Bush's legacy. You don't go into an international forum and denigrate the work and sacrifice of government actors who've come before you. His arrogance is breathtaking.

It's a disgrace because it's not sustainable. He'll cannot assume the role of international leadership and assume the role of a multilateralist. He has to be ready to do exactly the same things that he's been talking about on his apology tour. Otherwise, he'll either have to violate his oath of office, or turn himself into a hypocrite who can't be trusted.

The country isn't an experiment, there's a lot at stake. He's not the first guy to have these thoughts, he's only the first one stupid and/or arrogant enough to articulate them as a US President in an international forum.

Well, at least Qaddafi likes Obama - apparently he'd like him to be president forever. Man I miss the WWII generation.

-=2Sheds Jackson

[edit on 23-9-2009 by Wimbly]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by tjeffersonsghost
Swine Flu a Bio Weapon?
Israel is who killed JFK?
Obama a Kenyan?

I mean he laid it ALL out there!!!

Then the kicker Fox News then put up verbage that the CIA calls him crazy and he has personality disorders as he was speaking. WOW!!!

Yes, I also found that quite amusing. Fox news at it's best(worst). They certainly know how to make it obvious when they're trying to hide something. If anything, it only lends credibility to what Qaddafi says when you see the MSM go into panic mode like that.

I think it's quite eye-opening how some of the more... politically slanted members of this site are so quick to discredit Qaddafi and call him insane simply because he spoke well of Obama, when he also brought up numerous theories that have been maintained by those same people.

I guess it's just a good example of how blind partisanship can affect one's ability to comprehend.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wimbly
It's time to stop running against George Bush's legacy. You don't go into an international forum and denigrate the work and sacrifice of government actors who've come before you.

Sheesh... How can a sane person not try to correct the "legacy" of GWB which has been variously described in terms ranging from "ruinous" to "disasterous"? The only govt actors from the Bush era that I respect are men and women in uniform who indeed had to sacrifice a lot, unfortunately, at the pleasure of amateurish politicos who decided they were smart enough to redo the Middle East in aesthetic purposes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join