It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forgetful patients to be fitted with microchips to remind them to take their pills

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Forgetful patients to be fitted with microchips to remind them to take their pills

www.dailymail.co.uk

Patients will be fitted with a microchip in their shoulder to remind them to take their medicine, under a new scheme being developed by a drugs company.
Older people will be given pills containing a harmless microchip that sends a signal to the chip in the shoulder when the pill is taken.
But if the pill is not taken by the forgetful patient, the chip in the shoulder will then send a text to a carer or the patient to remind them

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
uk.wrs.yahoo.com

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
wow!! first we get the bracelet with the microchip for the swine flu vaccine,now were getting this to remind us to take our meds. i think the bigger picture here is to put this with such meds as prozac and such so they dont have to check up on us and we will be nice and dumbed down for them what do you think??? it all reminds me of the film equilibrium(scary stuff)

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by juggalo77

Basically, anyone with a chip on their shoulder, gets a CHIP in their shoulder?

'Tis a brave new world we're living in.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
What a big, fat waste of time and effort!

Bionic pill reminder chip implants... /sigh

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Wow, what a clever idea. I am surprised this hasn't been already made. Will be very benificial to many aged people.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zomonoid
Wow, what a clever idea. I am surprised this hasn't been already made. Will be very benificial to many aged people.
yes if that is what it gets used for and their not just using older people as guiniepigs for another tool for control.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Texts cost 50p via standard SMS messaging, for enquiries see your Mobile provider.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
People this just the increasing propaganda by the creators of the chip technology to find excuses and getting people to accept microchips inside their bodies.

The propaganda is going strong, bracelets are just the beginning, why not that littler chip to make you remember what to do, take your pills, what to wear, pay your taxes, what eat, pay your bills, where to go, be nice to the government ( or you will get a splitting headache).

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

excatly my thoughts you just put it better than me thanx for that
its just all part of the bigger plan.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ninecrimes
What a big, fat waste of time and effort!

Bionic pill reminder chip implants... /sigh

The characters in this story are real. Dad had an appointment with the Dr. regarding his recent memory loss. He asked Mom what day the appointment was so he could mark it on the calendar. They went to the appointment but it was the wrong day.

Maybe some could use technology like this. But I would rather not for personal reasons. Helpful technology has a bad habit of being used as weapons of control.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Hazelnut

You got it right, technology has a way to be weapons of mass control under the umbrella of helping humanity, but we know how many deaths in history can be accounted for thanks to technology.

They are the casualties of progress.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I hope they realize that if you have a cell phone that can receive text messages then you have a cell phone that has a programmable schedule and alarm clock with multiple settings. You can program reminder alarms into your phone until your fingers are sore.

This is probably the most useless and Rube Goldberg like use for these chips that I've ever heard.

And how much more are these new pills with the microchip that talks to the other microchip?

top topics

join