It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not fully Submerged with the Holy Spirit

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
am i the OP? LOL

I believe God is He. but has alot of Motherly atributes. i call him my Father

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by silver tongue devil

I see why your name is silver-tongued devil! You know, I can see that you are baitin' a hook and goin' fishing here. Why bother?

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by jennybee35

I see why your name is silver-tongued devil! You know, I can see that you are baitin' a hook and goin' fishing here. Why bother?

I could ask the same of you since your post contributed nothing except an attempt to put me down.

Well the OP did presuppose that this thread was for the 'believers' so I guess that meant no one was welcomed here except those that hold hands.

Thanks for listening. Over and out.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by the illuminator

Originally posted by the illuminator
am i the OP? LOL

I believe God is He. but has alot of Motherly atributes. i call him my Father

I was under the impression that OP stood for 'Original Post' or 'Original Poster' depending on contextual use. Am I mistaken? If not, are you not the OP?

You still didn't address my question...

Do you believe God is He the Father because of visions or because of The Bible says so? Have you experienced visions to justify this Biblical claim?

[edit on 21-9-2009 by silver tongue devil]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Oh, please. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. If you are truly trying to learn something, don't let me discourage you, Anytime someone is searching for truth and means it, it can't be anything but good.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jennybee35

Oh, please. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. If you are truly trying to learn something, don't let me discourage you, Anytime someone is searching for truth and means it, it can't be anything but good.

Do the rolling eyes mean you didn't just mean what you said?

You didn't hurt my feelings. I just understood you didn't want to discuss with me, that's all.

Am I trying to learn? I was trying to learn about the OPs position yes. Was I trying to learn about Christianity? No.

[edit on 21-9-2009 by silver tongue devil]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Nuff said. I'm bowing out, learn away.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloakndagger
Maybe he wants you to repent and be baptized? Reminds me of this scene from Oh Brother Where Art Thou.

I love it when they go to the movie theater...

"We thought...you was a toad...."

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   

When I pray I recite the Lord's prayer, Jesus says that the Pharasies think they will be heard by their long elloquent prayers, and to just pray that simple prayer, that God knows what you need before you even ask.

He is God, just put everything at his feet and have FAITH that it will be done acording to His will. And at His appointed time.

Remember "All things work together for good for those who love Him."

Things may seem crazy, frustrating, etc to us, but God is always in control, and lastly we will never be FULLY indwelled by the holy spirit until we are in our glorified bodies.

So just be patient, pray the prayer Jesus told us to pray, and have faith like that of a child that it ill someday be answered. It is dangerous to demand an answer from God. Jesus rebuked Satan when he was in the wilderness for 40 days, he said.. 'it is written thou shalt not put the Lord thy God to a test.'

I do admire you putting EVERYTHING in His hands, that is difficult to do, to let go of everything. I struggle with this a lot myself. But ALWAYS look towards the words of our Lord Jesus, that way you can never go wrong.

[edit on 21-9-2009 by NOTurTypical]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
People don't let someone else bait you into getting off topic.
I tend to get frustrated with God, I know he speaks to people, but like the the OP said they felt God saying, I give up way to easy, let man interfere with my relationship with God. I allow peoples claims of what my relationship with God should be set my expectations. I think I am coming to a realization that it is different for every one. We all have different personalities so why would God approach us as if we were all the same? Doesn't it make more sense that God, would appeal to our uniqueness? I'm not say that God changes who he is for each person, but how he relates to us.
As a mother of 3 children who are very different from each other, I know what works for one child doesn't always work for my other two. Take my 2 boys for example. My oldest, when he has doe something wrong, all I have to do is give him that, "mommy isn't happy" look, and he is on the verge of tears, my other son couldn't be more indifferent to it. I have to to go out of my way to get his attention and make it clear over and over that I am angry before it sinks in. I would hope God wouldn't try to reach them the same way because I know from experience, it doesn't work.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

Great post, in fact look throughout the scriptures, God deals with all his children differently... just like a loving father would do. A father knows what approaches or angles work best on each child individually. Even Christ dealt with His disciples differently, especially Thomas who had to see/feel things for himself.

Well put my friend.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   

That has got to be the first time I've read a modern day real experience with God from someone. I think it's the first time. It feels like the first time.

I'm impressed.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
im hoping it will be the start of many more tarzan. and not just from me i would like to here experiences from loads of people. im praying for a revival!

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   

I hope there is a great revival as well brother, but I'm kinda convinced that won't happen until Christian's heads start being lopped off during the last 1,260 days of the Tribulation.

But, we can still hope for this to begin tomorrow. (the revival, not the Tribulation)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join