It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not fully Submerged with the Holy Spirit

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Hi all.

before i begin with my experience i want to ask all non believers not to bash or criticism this thread please
Thank you

This thread is for believers

3 days ago i was having a really bad day. My tropical fish tank exploded. i had to pay 9 kids into bowling 72 dollars down the drain. Just generally having a bad day. I decided that id go somewhere quite and pray.

I went for a long walk through some woods and ended up next to a stream.

i prayed and prayed and prayed and prayed and prayed. for like an hour (Longest i've ever prayed) and realized i've been talking for an hour so i said " Lord i'm sorry. i'm going to shut up and allow you to talk and reply to me. 10 minutes passed. no reply.......waiting another 10 minutes no reply. (God had never actually talked to me so i was waiting for a miracle) i got annoyed an got up and started walking back. something stopped me dead in my tracks and i herd. "You give up way to easily" i thought to myself. "is this God talking or is it just my imagination" I looked back at where i was standing and herd "Go back and pray" i went back and prayed for the gift of prophecy and vision. and waited for a reply. 15 minutes went by no reply (I had been here a long time now) i got up angrily and started walking thinking it must have just been my imagination. "Go back and pray!" the voice said again. i stood there staring at the stream. "what do you want me to see here God" "You will soon see it" the voice said. i looked around the water and noticed a rock. most of the rock was under water with the top poking out of the stream. "Ok is this what you wanted me to see?" "Yup" i stared at this rock for half an hour. i got board and started throwing more rocks into the water. eventually i notices the ripples from the rocks splashing in the water. the ripples were being disturbed from the top of the rock. i then started to notice the water flowing. the top of this rock was disrupting the flow of that stream. "Oh cool! what does it mean tho." I waiting for a reply. "You will figure it out. just think" the voice said. i got a sense. that this stream constantly flowing was the holy spirit. and that rock was me. i was submerged in the holy spirit but not all of me was. i looked around and there was rocks under the water fully submerged. the flow of the holy spirit was flowing fully and perfectly over them, the flow was being disturbed by the part of me that was submerged. from that point on. i i gave it all the god. the things that were holding me back. my life in these past three days have changed so much.

i just want to ask all the believers out there. the thing with the rock. would you have got the same out of that as i got?

if not what would you have got?

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I would have to say no. The problem with Christians - some - today is that they need so evidence - understandably - but this is not faith - this is looking for prove in order to have faith which is not the meaning of faith at all. I am not doubting your belief but you sounded more like one who believes in signs rather than God. God will send no signs. God will send nothing without faith first. Does a blind man look for the sun? No, he can feel it if he is outside.

I have learned to look for God within and not out "there." Throughout your story, you were looking for a sign, you were waiting for God speak, but why? Sometimes we have to rely ourselves as we do on God and when you do, then there is God. There is a spark of divinity within all. Some call it the soul, the breath of God. The closer you are to God within you, the closer at peace you are with yourself. You must learn what true faith is, because it is not anything that can proven. Faith is an irrational leap on an invisible step - your willingness - your faith - determines whether or not you will take it.

Hope that helps.

[edit on 21-9-2009 by DevilJin]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
im not someone who is looking for signs my friend. God talks to us all. individually. and my experience was god speaking to me through vision. its not a sign that God exists. i dont need signs that God exists. i know he exists.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevilJin
I would have to say no. The problem with Christians - some - today is that they need so evidence - understandably - but this is not faith - this is looking for prove in order to have faith which is not the meaning of faith at all. I am not doubting your belief but you sounded more like one who believes in signs rather than God. God will send no signs. God will send nothing without faith first. Does a blind man look for the sun? No, he can feel it if he is outside.

I have learned to look for God within and not out "there." Throughout your story, you were looking for a sign, you were waiting for God speak, but why? Sometimes we have to rely ourselves as we do on God and when you do, then there is God. There is a spark of divinity within all. Some call it the soul, the breath of God. The closer you are to God within you, the closer at peace you are with yourself. You must learn what true faith is, because it is not anything that can proven. Faith is an irrational leap on an invisible step - your willingness - your faith - determines whether or not you will take it.

Hope that helps.

You sound like someone who doesn't believe in a personal and intimate relationship with our God

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Maybe he wants you to repent and be baptized? Reminds me of this scene from Oh Brother Where Art Thou.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
i love that movie hahaha

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by the illuminator

Hope that helps.

You sound like someone who doesn't believe in a personal and intimate relationship with our God

Well, I do believe but I believe that faith is something very hard to attain and none of us truly have it. It is something you have to keep striving for daily. I also see God as a parent rather than a friend like you do. I do not think God is as accessible as you make him out to be. Maybe my idea of faith differentiates greatly from yours as I know I am far more stricter and serious when it comes to faith. Not a fire and brimstone type but I think God is serious and austere but kind. You may think he is friendly and funny.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Friend, sounds like you are human, sometimes frail, questioning, doubting, sometimes frustrated, and yet faithful, loyal, loving, generous, forgiving of self and others...i.e. NORMAL. Your walk is one we all make, and no matter how studious we are of God's word or the Spirit, we are all weak at times.
The fact that God or His Spirit talked to you and pushed you, says that He knows you were having a hard day. It is ok to be upset with God, He wants you to talk and let Him know how you feel. Look to Job, Moses, Noah, Daniel, Ezekiel, Peter, Paul, even Jesus.
" Let this cup pass from me..." Jesus didn't want to be crucified and didn't want to die, even at the last minute. But He trusted and His faith carried Him through...just as yours did the other day.
Would I have continued and looked at the rock? don't know...
But you did...and found what God was saying. How cool is that?

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   

I also see God as a parent rather than a friend like you do.

im sorry but i see god as a parent and a friend. dont assume i dont haha

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by the illuminator

This thread is for believers

Weak...you throw this in the religious conspiracies forum with a b.s. disclaimer in hopes of not getting flamed..?

On Topic:

i just want to ask all the believers out there. the thing with the rock. would you have got the same out of that as i got?

if not what would you have got?

To para-phrase many of the skeptics in the UFO and Space forums: "All I see are rocks..."

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by happygolucky

im sorry this forum didnt do anything for you........thank you for wasting your time and posting your displeasure haha

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Yes, I can see how you got your answer. Father God is so very good to reaffirm us sometimes, isn't He? I have had many times where I asked for a nudge, a bump, whatever you wanna' call it, and He always comes thru for me. Everyone of us of faith have times where we get down low and Father has to pick us up. It's a fact of life on this planet. Look around you, it's very discouraging to see the complete lack of real love, the anger and hate that is displayed daily. We just have to remeber that He always hears our cry for help. He will never abandon us, even when things seem absolutely the bleakest.
And yes, I see Him as my Father first, then my very best friend! He's the one to discipline me and the one who wipes the tears from my eyes.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   

im not someone who is looking for signs my friend. God talks to us all. individually. and my experience was god speaking to me through vision. its not a sign that God exists. i dont need signs that God exists. i know he exists.

And you also know that he is a he?

Honestly curious how God has presented its sex to you.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by silver tongue devil

Why would you ask that question if you seem to be questioning his existence entirely?

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   

your going off topic here. i dont believe he is a he. the gender of God is man made. its just natural he is called the Father. not the Mother. although god does have motherly attributes too! you find them all through the Bible

Isaiah 66: 13 as a mother comforts her child. so will i comfort you..

Mathew 23: 37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often i have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wing, but you were not willing.

Psalms 27 :10 Tho my father AND mother forsake me, the LORD will recieve me.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by DevilJin

There was absolutely nothing inherent to my wording that supports what you said.

Can you point this out? How was I questioning the existence?

I merely asked the OP how it was known to this person that God was a he versus a she or neither.

You are inferring something from nothing. If not, then please show me.

[edit on 21-9-2009 by silver tongue devil]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by the illuminator

So has God presented itself to you through visions or through the Bible?

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   

The book that I believe to be the Word of God, the bible, tells me that he is my FATHER, not Mother. I realize that many people just dismiss the bible as a book of fairytales, and if this is how you view it, then the question of what sex God is is not your biggest problem, is it?
Beyond words in a book, He has revealed Himself to my Spirit mant times, and He is my FATHER, gender not questioned.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   

I would have to say no. The problem with Christians - some - today is that they need so evidence - understandably - but this is not faith - this is looking for prove in order to have faith which is not the meaning of faith at all.

. . .

Judges 6

Take a read on that, and then we will talk

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jennybee35

So then you personally believe that God is actually a he, as it is said that he is the Father in the Bible. Good, that's your belief, and I am not questioning that (actually I asked the OP).

You, like the other poster, made assumptions about my understandings and beliefs despite me giving you no reason to from my posts. Why are you assuming I don't believe in the Bible or God for that matter simply because I asked the OP a straight forward question??

Touchy touchy we are in this thread.

My book is open: I believe in what people call 'God' and not what people call 'The Good Book'.

[edit on 21-9-2009 by silver tongue devil]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join