It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i'm going to by a tattoo kit and make a run at it

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
let me start by saying that since i was a little kid i have always wanted to be a tattoo artist. at least 2o years.
i don't like to pat myself on the back but i am a pretty good artist. i have drawn a lot of my 50+ tattoos as well as tattoos for friends and such.
i was asking some of my coworkers today if i got a kit would they let me go to work on them and quite a lot said yes they would.
my mom said she's let me try a cover up on her and i of course would go to work on my legs.
so, i am in no shortage of skin.
not saying i am going to try and open a shop although that would be the dream. i think i would be happy just doing them on 'the side' you know.
cheap tattoos of friends and friends of friends...maybe give a tattoo party here and there.

i was looking at kits and the one i am looking at comes with two quick change machines, a set of steralized needles and ink and all that stuff. i would use disposable lexan plastic tubes so i would not need an autoclave.
i would just have to reorder needles and inks.

i'm stoked about it and i hope it can work out. i need to get a better money management system together if i am going to be able to afford it though

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by thing fish

Jeez man, just be careful.

I have great respect for tattoo artists as they really don't have an eraser if you know what I mean.

Best of luck in your endeavors.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by tribewilder

thanks homie.
i'm not going to attempt extravagent tattoos that i don't think i can handle. i am going to start of small on a few of my buds and my legs.
hopefully i can make a good run at it

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
good luck with it .
I have some that were done by mates and they came up good .go spend time in a tat shop talk to the artists get some tips and you will do fine.

Cheers

Ocker

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Dude, check out these kits here:

tatoo kits

Maybe more affordable for you?

Good luck.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
As the saying goes- do what you love and love what you do.
I know your passion for tatts and if you are a good artist as well, go for it.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

thanks for that link nerbot.
the prices on those kits are quite a bit cheaper.
hopefully in the next month i will be able to get a kit. i can't wait.
been wanting to do tattoos forever

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I have been thinking about this as well for the better part of 15 years now. In the past, I have done some research on how to break into this awesome field only to be faced with how I should do an apprenticeship for YEARS blah blah blah.

Why?

I mean I get that it's good to learn under someone else as far as getting some tips an even learning the business side, but the talent and ability stuff should be put to work right away in my humble opinion, so like you, I have really been considering buying a kit and going for it.

I've got upwards of 20 people familiar with my art who are willing to give me a go. So, here's wishing you and myself the best on this one.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by glitchinthematrix

i hope it goes good for you. i am definately buying a kit in the next month or so. there is a place in cleveland called the glass house where i can pick up ink and disposable tubes and such. green soap. you know, the essentials.
i have friends that said i could go to work on them. i'm just gonna make a run for it. i have wanted to be a tattoo artist ever since i was a kid. i am tired of working for other people and making them money while i scrape by.

i'm gonna try it out and if all else fails i can make a little money on the side as a hobby you know

top topics

join