It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO found on Google Earth over Chinese city?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Hopefully this hasn't been posted before.

These images appear to show a strange craft flying above houses in the Chinese city of Shenzhen.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/da7f075e9543.jpg[/atsimg]

Location shown on image below.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8209382968fe.jpg[/atsimg]

Although I found the story at www.--.com... from a link on www.ufodata.co.uk... I checked it out and it is there.

I find this more interesting than previous Google Earth UFO anomalies as it definitely appears to be above the buildings and not a land based illusion or mapping error.

Could this be an ordinary aircraft or something else?

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
If that was an object, and it really had that size.... Then it would cast some sort of shadow, in my opinion.

But I'm no expert in google images.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by meatballxl5

I believe I have seen these sort of anomalies before.

What we're seeing is the suns reflection on something shiny, like a metal roof.

The streak is due to the movement of the satellite as it passes overhead and/or lens flare.

[edit on 19/9/09 by Chadwickus]

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Looks to me like something highly reflective on a roof... causing some type of lens flare or other camera anomaly. Not sure how you come to the conclusion that it is "flying"... but that's my 2 duckets

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Resinveins

I hadn't reached any conclusions, that it was flying or otherwise.
The illusion creates a solid looking object above the houses and my initial thought was that it was a normal aircraft, motion blurred and reflecting light.
I appreciate that it is likely to be something on the houses as you and Chadwickus suggest.
Many thanks

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by meatballxl5

My first impression was that it's not a reflection from a metal roof, from looking at the photos posted.

However I looked up those coordinates in Google Earth, and after studying it for a while I think it COULD be a reflection from a metal roof. My guess would be the dark outline could be some kind of overexposure effect where the area reflecting was too bright and oversaturated the CCD pixels in that area.

And if it's not a reflection, I don't know what it is, but it's certainly an interesting image, thanks for sharing it!

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
its obviously swamp gas or a bit of fluff on the lens, no way can it be a UFO..... >.<

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Looks like a stainless steel bolt hovering over a Foo but the bolt
must be some sort of a flying ship.

new topics

top topics

join