It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN criticizes Israel's atomic program

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Isreal is in a catch 22 situation. For many years it has been suspected that Isreal has nuclear weapons, but no one could prove it. And the Isrealies never has confirmed or denied the existance of such. I think for the longest time they used the rumors of such to their advantage to prevent attacks by Iraq, Iran and other nations in the area from using unconventional weapons against them. So now here is the situation as I see it, the nation of Isreal has to come clean on if it has nuclear weapons or not and allow inspectors in to determine if they have been making such or not. I am also surprised that the India/Pakastan nuclear weapons were not on the table either.
Now the only reason to have a weapon of mass destruction is that you intend to use it, and show that it really does work.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by john124
Oh yes I agree we all need to disarm eventually, but I think we have to make sure nobody else is building nukes first, and for the main players to learn how to get on with each other permanently.

I don't think everyone will disarm completely for a long time, it will take lots of UN resolutions just to get it down to half of where we are now. The UN isn't completely inept, just inept most of the time!

Israel isn't going to disarm, just like Britain aren't. First the US and Russia take the first steps, and countries like Iran and N.Korea will have to agree, otherwise there'll be consequences for them.

[edit on 18-9-2009 by john124]

There is one small problem about disarming nuclear weapons and it is one that no one has figured out how to, though they hope no one realizes it:
A nuclear missile is like the bullet of a gun. Has 3 main components: The bullet (nuclear material), the propellant and the missile casing. Now you can get rid of the propellant and the casing, but the nuclear material there is no getting rid of such. I do know that somewhere in the US is a bunker where they store the warheads. They can't destroy them, and can only store them. So what do you do with something so dangerous, that if it was exposed 10 square miles would be dead?

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

Are you going to ignore one side of the issue because it suits you to?

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by john124

I do apologize; I didn't think there was any ignoring. The quotes were only added to compliment the thread. Many People like siting quotes made by Iranians, or Arabs; so I gave famous Zionist quotes

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieOctopus

Since Israel is a secular state, then any argument against them having nuclear weapons is not anti-zionist, it's anti-Israel.

Zionism has nothing to do with religion, it's a right-wing nationalist ideology.

You can be a Zionist and not be an Orthodox Jew if you want...

Israel is still a secular state, with muslims, jews etc. Therefore my original points still stand.

You just agreed with me and then said I was wrong.

Israel's current government employs a Zionist ideology. We agreed that Israel is a secular nation because, like I said, Zionism has nothing to do with religion.

Israel's population and Israel's government are separate entities; just like having Bush in the white house doesn't make every American a neocon.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
Give me a break. The fricking UN couldn't find it's ass with both hands. Here you have Iran talking trash and busting it's balls to develop nuclear weapons. Then you have Israel, who has had nuclear weapons for several years and hasn't used them. Get real! This is just too funny. I just wish on 9-11 one of those planes would have gotten mixed up and slammed into to the UN building.

Preach on Brotha!

Starred for being so honest and quaint

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

I don't think India or Pakistan's nuclear capabilities were on the table because the focus is on the Middle East and these are Asian and not Middle Eastern Nations.

I think it's telling though that Israel has been left in this position for the very first time when it actually has to answer for itself.

I think in a lot of ways the Western nations are inviting the Eastern nations to attack Israel as an excuse for a very broad war of Western versus Eastern thinking and governance.

I guess time will tell. Thanks for posting.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Excellent thread S and F.

It's about time. I am no fan of Iran, but the hypocrisy of demanding others comply with international law, while turning a blind eye to Israel simply has to stop if there is to be any credibility at all. Israel and it's supporters are going to have to get used to the fact, there is nothing "special" about Israel. There is no God and there is no ally willing to maintain this unsustainable special status Israel has enjoyed.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by useless eaters
Excellent thread S and F.

It's about time. I am no fan of Iran, but the hypocrisy of demanding others comply with international law, while turning a blind eye to Israel simply has to stop if there is to be any credibility at all. Israel and it's supporters are going to have to get used to the fact, there is nothing "special" about Israel. There is no God and there is no ally willing to maintain this unsustainable special status Israel has enjoyed.

For some reason people love to talk about equality but hate actually having to practice it.

If we are going to have laws and rules they should be applied evenly.

Otherwise what's the point?

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

Those are some pretty harsh words.

Why shouldn't Israel submit to the same type of international inspections every other nation does that also shows similiar restraint?

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Does this mean America allowed the vote to go ahead?

In my opinion Israel is in a state of independance, it can survive, due to that fact nothing can affect its policies.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

Does this mean America allowed the vote to go ahead?

In my opinion Israel is in a state of independance, it can survive, due to that fact nothing can affect its policies.

Yes America (U.S.A.) abstained from voting on the issue and did not block the vote from taking place procedurally either as we usually do.

It's a pretty significant change.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

Your not that smart are you? Did you even read what I wrote or do you have a problem with comprehension? Israel is a tiny nation that has been attacked on all fronts at the same time and still did not fire off the nukes that they had. How many countries can say that?

Everything Israel got was from the US, for you to think that Israel somehow repelled all those attacks from different Arab nations shows your own ignorance. Every nation has the same chance of being wiped out as Israel, internally speaking. If Palestinians were given rights then surely Israel will be wiped out, meaning it won't be called Israel no more.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   

A significant change indeed. But I'm still pessimistic about the whole situation. I wonder if Obama is merely playing the role of a good cop.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

In the thread above the UN has moved to ratify a non binding resolution for inspections of Israeli Nuclear sites.

Of course the Israelis say no....... It truly is do as I say not as I do.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
And now the US is sure to fall.

By cursing Israel, our country has been cursed by God.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
In a perfect world no country would have nukes but we have already been, as a world community, in that position before pre WW1. The end of WW2 was in large part due to the use of Atomic bombs. Nukes are a deterrent to those countries that would romp over smaller countries with small militaries. It has worked for a few decades however as more countries acquire nukes the deterrent is no longer effective. So disarming would only bring us back to where we were in 1940 again.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
And now the US is sure to fall.

By cursing Israel, our country has been cursed by God.

Assuming for the sake of your debate that there is a militant G-d that curses, punishes and rewards entire nations for that nation’s collective actions could you please explain how you feel that the United States standing aside to let the actual democratic process work and rules and laws by man that govern nations comprised of man is cursing Israel?

This logic in essence promotes the belief that only Israel knows and acts accordingly to said militant G-d’s wishes and honestly if that were the case and said militant G-d existed who has such a power as you envision would be in a far better position to ‘protect’ Israel than the United States could by making a mockery of Law and the Democratic process insisting it only apply to certain parties under certain conditions and should never apply to another party (Israel) ever under any condition.

It honestly sounds like a fear rooted attempt at mass manipulation to me.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join