It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surge of disinfo agents here?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Ok, so it is a conspiracy site, so I can probably be forgiven for this sounding a bit wacky...

I have noticed an odd increase in the number of postings from people who are towing the MSM/Governmental/Corporate line. Over and again, I am seeing threads either converted from useful and informative discussion into outright flame wars OR being totally derailled altogether. Oftentimes the people starting these incidents are demanding evidence then ignoring the evidence that is given. They will fight and scream with outlandish rediculous arguments that don't make any sense.

Now I know this has probably *always* been happening in ATS, given it's nature, but it just seems to me to be on the rise. Is it possible that ATS is being targetted by groups who are paying people to post to a specific agenda? (as discussed here)

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Yeah, I've pretty much came to that same conclusion a while ago.

And, pure speculation on my part, but by my perspective, they give themselves away by - picking and choosing which posts to respond to, which to ignore (usually the most knowledgeable, experienced, and heavy hitters on the site) and throw their weight around to excess

IE, that their opinion isn't opinion, it's fact, and those that go against them aren't disagreeing, they're just flat out wrong.

Some are ego, but over time, they tend to give themselves away just a little too much.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
i want to say something to every SELLOUT that is reading this.
-
i want to crucify people like you! you make me sick!
people now are alot more smart then you think u corporate sc*mb***!
we are organized,we know each other,we have our sources
we know what to belive and what not,even with all your bull**** and disinfo
we can see throw
we will not drink ur water,we will not use ur toothpste
we will not eat your aspartame sweateners,we will not be brainwashed by
your pathetic media scams!
we will grown our own fruits!
we will make our own currency! so you and ur bank scams can just go hang your selfs with all of your nwo satanic worshipping buddies

you cant control us all,when we have enough,and we rise,and we kick your
sorry a**!

[edit on 17-9-2009 by Stillalive]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I really thought it would be people who join up and then post.. but I guess that would be obvious. There are people who have been here since the board was redesigned (well, close to that), but have been rather inactive...suddenly they show up pulling their antics. It is a bit bothersome.. but I guess that's what the ignore button is for.. *shrug*

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Well, the unfortunate thing is that a "disinfo agent" is just as vague as a "potential terrorist" or "closet communist". Without a specific identifier, anyone who has a different viewpoint than you could be a "disinfo agent".

Just because the Governments of the world may fall prey to corruption, ineptitude and stupidity doesn't mean that the good need be thrown out with the proverbial bathwater. Sometimes Governments do good things too, and those that side with them, when they feel that what they are doing is morally right, doesn't make them a Tool or an Agent Provocateur.

Just because the MSM might taint much of it's News Reporting with bias, commentary and propaganda doesn't mean that they are always doing such. Sometimes they get it right and call a spade a "spade", or something that quacks a "duck". Even the most wacked Conspiracy Theorist or Prophetic Visionary gets a few right every now and then. So, why can't the MSM? Those defending one particular News Article doesn't make them in bed with the MSM or on the Media Payroll.

Just because someone condemns the actions of bad LEOs while reiterating that not all LEOs are bad doesn't make them an LEO or a Narc for the LEO.

The Motto of ATS is to "Deny Ignorance". Some of us here believe that simple Faith in one viewpoint, or closed mindedness is what causes ignorance to happen in the first place. Remaining open to not one, not some, but *ALL* possibilities, and exploring all possible viewpoints, is how many of us arm ourselves to keep from falling prey to ignorance. It doesn't suit anyone too root out the "disinfo agents" because even they help us achieve our denial of ignorance.

I agree that disinfo agents probably do exist on ATS, and some of them may even be paid, and some of them may just be morally misguided, and some of them unwitting patsies. However, they have just as much of a right to be here as the next person. Rather than worry about an unseen enemy, regard them as a helpful ally in your own personal quest toward denying ignorance.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
i know man i know, some ufo videos are so blurry,its not a crime to call them "chinese lanterns",that dosnt mean your disinfo...
anyway we should present facts and stay calmin the face of disinfo,if they want to start flamewars,well then theyr going to get banned,couse here its not like this

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Everyone on here has atleast 5 people they don't like and will never agree with what they post.

Anytime a poster disagrees with another they could be called disinfo agents. Which wouldn't be right, but it is a good way to bolster an arguement that is losing steam because you put the other person on defense.

Not saying they aren't on ATS, I usually refer to them as trolls though, laugh and move on.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
well usualy theres a difference,sure opinions are one thing,but when someone says an obvious lie without fact like "energy saving lighttubs dont damage you" in a thread where there is 6 pages of all members ranting about how they damage us,,,,well its like a disinfo O_o hard to know who is..theyr sneaky i guess

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I'll be honest, there are definately people here that I dislike. They are either jerks or name callers, but their viewpoints are rational given their frame of reference. I tend to mark them as foes and move on. The one's that get me are pretty much like the ones described in ya'll posts.. They ignore arguments or pick and choose what to reply to. They will accept only specific (and often very biased) MSM outlets for their sources and everything else is "bunk".

*shrug* Ok, I guess this thread was more steam release for me. I get annoyed by this sort of thing because it defeats the purpose of this board. I have actually had debates on this board that changed my mind on a subject, so I am certainly nowhere close to being closed minded.

I think it is important to keep your mind open enough to function, but not so open that your brains fall out..

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
It has been my experience that the cry of disinfo agent is a common cry from those who whole heartly accept one source of information as true and is called on to prove it's factuality. Rather like those who listen to your dreaded MSM, except that they often question one's sanity for not trusting their sources. The two sides are so much alike it's funny that they can't see it.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stillalive
well usualy theres a difference,sure opinions are one thing,but when someone says an obvious lie without fact like "energy saving lighttubs dont damage you" in a thread where there is 6 pages of all members ranting about how they damage us,,,,well its like a disinfo O_o hard to know who is..theyr sneaky i guess

That would be a troll.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Who is a disnfo agent?

specify,

and what is disinformation?

Maybe YOU are?

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
the agents haven't left. And disinformation is still in abundance... I wonder how many of these prediction are from agents working against the public.

[edit on 8-1-2010 by anoymous7]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Why is it that when someone encounters another person with a differing opinion that the immediate assumption is made that they're "agents" of some sort? If you happen to be a person that reaches those assumptions, perhaps it says much more about you than it does the individual with differing opinions.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I agree. These forums are turning into World of Warcrafts...to many elitist know it alls. Theres also been ALOT of activity in 2010 so far that is being missed by ATS

Its for this reason I have been on GLP much more...

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I've noticed that some posters are very convinced about the "Official Story" of certain events...some of the more major events. I mean convinced to a degree that most theorists NEVER arrive at, when here on ATS still questioning and looking for proof. I watch these people go from thread to thread, seemingly intentionally derailing, arguing, and doing whatever is necessary to trash the OP or anyone agreeing with them. I've noticed a few "patterns" among them, which I hope to get around starting a thread about sometime in the future. I just never could understand why some people, without a single sway in their beliefs, convinced of an Official Story" spend so much time on a web-site such as ATS to to convince people that an Official story is the FACT beyond all reason.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
Everyone on here has atleast 5 people they don't like and will never agree with what they post.

Anytime a poster disagrees with another they could be called disinfo agents. Which wouldn't be right, but it is a good way to bolster an arguement that is losing steam because you put the other person on defense.

Not saying they aren't on ATS, I usually refer to them as trolls though, laugh and move on.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140

I wouldn't go so far as to say I don't like five people on ATS. Most people are pretty cool even though some of them seem kind of stupid sometimes. I like them even though.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Apparently if you believe in a more plausible explanation than some of the more farfetched stories then your a disinformation agent. People often go off on wild unsubstantiated tangents and when you question them they turn hostile. It makes it impossible to have an intelligent conversation with differing viewpoints. IT'S A ufo. hOW DO YOU KNOW? I saw it. Could it have been a plane? Nope. I took this fuzzyy picture. Thats proof enough. But you can't tell what that is? It's an alien craft. How do you know. I saw it. But it was right at the end of the airport runway. Nope, it's the little green men.

Everything goes around in circles. But nobody ever moves off their opinion. And when someone can't validate their belief with logic they often resort to namecalling.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

Well I simply believe that most people do not or do not care to debate. They do not want to really have any view they hold challenged. IMHO if someone makes the effort to provide evidence at least we should look at it.

GOOD HEAVENS...We may actually learn something even if it is how weak the evidence is.

With deepest saracasm

T

top topics

<<   2 >>

join