It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cigarettes - Nikotine - one of the best poisons

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
cigarettes, i know its hard when your addicted to something,like playing wow,or going into ats every 5 minutes,so i can partially understand the smokers,but not really,couse smoking kills, did you know nikotine is one of the best poisons?
did you know putting a couple of ciggaretes in water is more then enough to make a poison that kills a man? just put 3 ciggaretes ends in a small glass of water,and woala poison!drink it?bang ur dead! so whoever wants to stop smoking,i hope this helps you

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Actually, that is one of the many Medical Benefits of smoking. Not only does the toxicity in the Tobacco promote digestion and regular bowel activity, but it can deter digestive parasites.

Tobacco, while growing, is normally quite resistant to pests because of it's toxicity. Likewise, it must be handled carefully when harvested and cured because the oils can be insinuated directly into the pores and cause death. Tobacco should never be ingested for the reason that it takes but a small amount to be fatal.

However, to be toxic to humans via inhaling the smoke of burning Tobacco, one would die of Carbon Monoxide poisoning long before they smoked enough to achieve high enough toxicity levels in the bloodstream.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
uuu well i didnt knew that O_o i guess your the one that deserves a star here I:
i wandered how come drinking it kills you,but smoking the burning tobacco does it sooooooo much slower...liek cigarettes.
and i didnt knew cigarettes have good effects also...hmm strange but belieavable nontheless
so thats why when people stop smoking,they start eating a lot?
always nice to learn from other people thanks

[edit on 17-9-2009 by Stillalive]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
People have been smoking since before Jesus. There are artifcacts that prove this. They are not going to stop now. I think too many people buy into the anti-smoking industry. It's a business just like anything else.

I personally believe that cigarettes were not as dangerous as they are until people started tampering with what goes into a cigarette. If everyone was smoking pure tobacco we wouldn't have half the problems that we do.

On a side note, I read an article that said a lot of the record holding "oldest people alive" smoked cigarettes almost their entire lives.

[edit on 17-9-2009 by KnoxMSP]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Actually, you are correct. A certain conservative radio personality, who worked for Nixon, once planned an assasination (which was never carried out) using a pellet pistol, pellets coated with a highly concetrated nicotine solution, and a partner who could take the second shot, while he prepared for a third one, if necessary. The plan was to get at least one shot into the victim's eye, if possible.
I'll leave it to the rest of the board to figure out who the character is, and I will be extremely disappointed if a board that caters to conspiracys can't figure this out
I might be a little off on the details, since it has been about 15 years since I read his autobiography.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by fraterormus
Likewise, it must be handled carefully when harvested and cured because the oils can be insinuated directly into the pores and cause death. Tobacco should never be ingested for the reason that it takes but a small amount to be fatal.

When I was an inpatient of a military hospital in London I got really friendly with a Gurkha soldier and we used to play chess all the time and we became pretty much inseparable.

He used to put a form of tobacco (I forget the name) under his tongue and me being the curious sort, asked to try some. He gave me only a little bit and I very quickly became so ill I had to go and lie down after a lot of violent vomiting and merciless diarrhea. I did not feel myself till the next day. It really was like ingesting a powerful poison.

I was the butt (teehee) of many jokes for a while after that and I never tried it again.

I agree with you!

link   
reply to post by KnoxMSP

It's not the cigarettes that kill you. It's the additives. Ammonia is one additive, and these are used to make cigarettes more addictive.
(Nicotine is addictive, but I would class it as a caffiene like drug in it's pure form.)
As a former smoker, I am vehemently opposed to smoking in any form. But I will admit to missing the occaisional cigar and my pipes. (I don't miss the cigarettes. They were killing me slowly. My father and his siblings, all cigarette smokers, died at fairly young ages (Dad was 56) from long cancer.
Their father, my grandfather, was 95 and still smoking his pipe every day, plus enjoying the occaisional King Edward.
I decided to cut my losses and quit.
For those who want to try them, some Native American tribes manufacture cigarettes, and I believe they are just pure tobacco.

link   
wow u guis really showed it to me ):
so i guess pure tobacco isnt as much as bad as the mixed tobaco with weed and cr*p they put in cigarettes?
well the thread was about the poison nicotine not so much about stopping cigaretess.
btw isnt one nicotine bullet enough to kill the target with posion? even in the leg?

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Now they are making something bad and making it worse with these FSC=Fire Safe Cigarettes.

I'm a smoker... (Currently trying to quit)... and ever since they came out with these FSC's... all of a sudden I have asthma and possible COPD.

Some countries are promoting birth... ours is promoting death...

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
i didnt knew they put additives in cigaretess to make them...addictiv..wow thats pretty....nwo'istic

well i guess its like toothpase/tapwater again we have to buy a different brand.
in this case pure tobacco

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
nicotine is a great pesticide for indoor plants too!
Ever have nats? little flying critters, they mostly come from potted house plants...
My cure for these pests is 3-5 cigs worth of tobacco, and a few table spoons of dish soap..in a gallon of water..
If the nicotine don't geter them, it will kill the larvae, and the soap simply suffocates them because they breath through their thorax "little holes"
and everyon knows what happens when soapy solution goes through little holes...foam!
I know mostly off topic but nicotine has been a known poisen and had many uses for 1000's of years!

[edit on 17-9-2009 by Doc Holiday]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Fraterormus..my grandfther once told, when he was a kid, back in 1920's, his father caught him one day smoking, he was like 16 or so at the time. His father, to teach him a lesson, MADE him eat his ciggarette! i cant remember exactly how much, but it was like 3 or 4 ciggs his father made him eat, to teach him a lesson. My grabdfatehr ttold me, it cauyed such a terrible stomach ache in him..he nevere smoked again.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
thanks cod,ur great,i always were afraid of raising lots of plants in my rooms,couse i though ill get lots a bugs,isnt nicotine toxic to the plant itself?
btw i didnt knew theyr making fire safe cigarettes O_o wtf
for the mild astma start running,swimming training something,and do some lung breathing exercises (tibet/tai chi stuff)

i had asthma too,but when i started hitting the gym,and overdosing vitamin c...the asthma become a little nuisanse..nothing more,most of the time i dont have it at all

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Quit cold turkey three months ago. have enjoyed the smell of second hand smoke now more than the thought of smoking another cigarette. American Spirits are the way to go, if any i think.. quitting smoking was actually the best thing i've done these past few years. thanks for everyone's unique information. esp the Nixon one. I was shooting a pellet pistol @ some rotten avacados earlier.

ps, i hate those fire safe cigarettes.

[edit on 17-9-2009 by thaknobodi]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
oo iaky..i heard about this story too,same here in bulgaria,when father caughts you smoking,he makes you eat the cigarette,i guess in some light its a good deed,atleast you wont be smoking ever

i once tryed,first my father letted me try to see that its bad,i didnt liked it one bit...so were ok..he also didnt want me to smoke,but he though the "let you try" is better then "DONT EVER SMOKE" and he was right....
later some girl letted me try,she tricked me into inhaling even deeper the smoke...caughting for a hour..anyway i dont like smoking..and i dont find it cool

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
whats the deal with fire safe cigarettes anyway?

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
There are actually a lot of health benefits to smoking Tobacco, even though all we hear about are the negative health benefits.

Some of the other benefits include (other than mentioned in my previous post):

* Tobacco decreases appetite
* Tobacco raises metabolic rate
* Tobacco can deter diabetic shock (although it is not a recommended use of treating low blood sugar, although if one chain smoked, it would suffice until one got to their insulin supply)
* Tobacco greatly reduces the risk of ulcerative colitis
* Tobacco stunts the development of Kaposi’s sarcoma
* Tobacco has been proven to prevent and protect against sarcoidosis
* Tobacco has positive effect on short-term memory and quickens memory recall.
* Tobacco increases reaction time.
* Tobacco may prevent, or at least slow, certain brain ailments such as Alzheimer's
* Tobacco has been found to prevent Parkinson's disease
* Tobacco is useful in the treating symptoms of Tourette's disease.
* Tobacco has been found to aid in treating Sleep Apnea

As far as the health risks of Tobacco, most of them are not related to Tobacco itself (especially heritage Tobaccos prior to the Y1 Strain which is now the most commonly used Tobacco in Tobacco products that was engineered and designed to maximize the Nicotene content). For the most part the risks of modern Tobacco (especially that grown in the United States) come from the use of Apatite for fertilizer as this substance contains Radium, Lead 210, and Polonium 210, all of which are carcinogenic.

Also the other 598 ingredients commonly found in Cigarettes are contributing causes to the health risks involved with smoking Tobacco. Things like Arsenic, Formaldehyde, Ammonia, Hydrogen Cyanide, DDT, Benzene, Butane, Cadmium, Ethyl Furoate, Lead, Methoprene, Megastigmatrienone, Napthalene, Methyl Isocyanate, and the radiocarbon Polonium, among many others, aren't a very smart thing to be exposing one's internal body to!

Although the OP's post certainly got me thinking about Chewing Tobaccos. With inhaled smoke from Tobacco, most of the toxicity is going to be consumed by fire, so you are getting mostly inhaled Carbon particles...but with Chewing Tobacco you would be ingesting quite a bit of the toxicity through the thin membranes of the mouth lining. So, not only is Chewing Tobacco a gross, disgusting habit, that might explain why the health risks are far greater with Chewing Tobacco than with Smoking Tobacco. Although it would stand to reason that Snuff would be equally as dangerous and toxic as the Nicotene would more easily get into the blood-stream through the mucous membranes.

But back to the OP's original post specifically, soaking either Tobacco or Cigarettes in Water has been used for a long time as an effective Pesticide.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Fire Safe Cigarettes... They use more paper and glue so that if you aren't puffing on the cigarette constantly it will go out.

Legislation came down the chute over here and now states are following suit. Illinois has been passed and Missouri is supposed to go completely FSC in the fall of 2010.

Source: Fire Safe Cigarettes

The added and higher level chemicals contained in FSC cigarettes has proven to be more toxic than regular cigarettes and cause increased health related problems for smokers. Symptoms/conditions include, but are not limited to: Nausea, Sores in mouth and throat, Dry throat, constant headaches, extreme coughing, tightness in the chest, vomiting, body aches, pain in the abdomen and respiratory conditions including asthma and bronchitis.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Stillalive

I find that the self extingishing cigs cause more fire embers to drop, due to constantly needeind to relight them.
They are ok for the guy that goes to sleep while smoking but, relighting a cig 3-5 times just to smoke it, every time a relight, the loose preburnt embers reignite and drop emmiedately...on my shirt or floor or chair!

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Stillalive

Probably for old people i would imagine..it's common for them to be smoking and fall asleep or forget about the cigarette.Thats how my grandmother died,forgot about a cig,went to sleep and the house went on fire.

[edit on 17-9-2009 by Solomons]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join