It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cigarettes - Nikotine - one of the best poisons

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
amm..well i guess the gov should not pass a law for everyone to smoke only firesafe stuff. they should people to choose.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stillalive
cigarettes, i know its hard when your addicted to something,like playing wow,or going into ats every 5 minutes,so i can partially understand the smokers,but not really,couse smoking kills, did you know nikotine is one of the best poisons?
did you know putting a couple of ciggaretes in water is more then enough to make a poison that kills a man? just put 3 ciggaretes ends in a small glass of water,and woala poison!drink it?bang ur dead! so whoever wants to stop smoking,i hope this helps you

No. You do not understand addiction. Smoking nicotine is NOTHING like playing WOW. Your body needs the drug to function, you will get very very very sick when you stop smoking. You won't get sick when you stop playing WOW. It's a PHYSICAL addiction. That means there is no CHOICE in the matter, your body chooses what you have to do. That's why you need to cut back gradually.

Also, putting 3 ciggs in water will not kill you. I once tried it to see if I could take it, and it did nothing to me. DO NOT DO THIS THOUGH. IT IS INFACT STILL POISON.

If you want to quit smoking, the best thing to do would be to use a nicotine gum, and then slowly start chewing regular gum in between until you do not need nicotine anymore.

[edit on 17-9-2009 by FouL-LiveR]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by FouL-LiveR

Every smoker i have talked to(i am a smoker) tell me that the physical withdrawal of nicotine is easy peasy compared to the mental addiction and act of smoking,it's that addictiion that usually beats them when trying to quit.I am also of the same opinion.

[edit on 17-9-2009 by Solomons]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by FouL-LiveR

If you want to quit smoking, the best thing to do would be to use a nicotine gum, and then slowly start chewing regular gum in between until you do not need nicotine anymore.

I quit cold turkey using just regular chewing gum everytime I had a craving. Eventually my jaw was so sore from chewing I didn't want the gum anymore either.

I use Skoal now. Probably be safer to smoke.

Oh, and just so ya'll know I am actually a sales rep for a cig company. We use pure tobacco like Natural American Spirits. We get our tobacco from the Native Americans in Canada, and don't add anything to the tobacco. Except now we have to go FSC, which is really bothersome to me.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
3 ciggarettes in water didnt kill you O_o did uleav them for 4 hours atleast?

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stillalive
3 ciggarettes in water didnt kill you O_o did uleav them for 4 hours atleast?

I'm not sure what the rules are on talking about this. But yes, I boiled water and put a good 4 or 5 cigs in the water, let it steep for awhile and then drank it. I heard the same thing as you about this "death tea" and was curious. No I did not let it steep for 4 hours more like 45 mins. I was a kid, and it was a stupid thing to do. DO NOT TRY ANYTHING LIKE THIS.

I also have read the benefits on smoking, and do think that tobacco itself is evil. And could be a very helpful herb for a lot of things. Nicotine is also not a bad thing to consume, it's the addiction and smoking that scares people off. Nicotine itself can help with a lot of things.

I'm a smoker myself, and have no want to quit anytime soon. I do want to quit in the future.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by x2Strongx
Fire Safe Cigarettes... They use more paper and glue so that if you aren't puffing on the cigarette constantly it will go out.

Legislation came down the chute over here and now states are following suit. Illinois has been passed and Missouri is supposed to go completely FSC in the fall of 2010.

Source: Fire Safe Cigarettes

The added and higher level chemicals contained in FSC cigarettes has proven to be more toxic than regular cigarettes and cause increased health related problems for smokers. Symptoms/conditions include, but are not limited to: Nausea, Sores in mouth and throat, Dry throat, constant headaches, extreme coughing, tightness in the chest, vomiting, body aches, pain in the abdomen and respiratory conditions including asthma and bronchitis.

They dont use more paper and glue look closely at a cig. You can see two semi shiny bands, that is the FSC chemical or strip. But yeah the FSC sucks it dosent even work that great either.

[edit on 07/16/2009 by Lichter daraus]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I have actually found that by using the FSC strips it causes the cherry to build up at the strip and fall off easier. Most likely presenting a bigger problem than falling asleep smoking. Also, the FDA haven't even tested the ethylene vinyl acetates reaction to burning. That's the stuff they're using in the strips.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Hi ... my name is Psyagra and I am a smoker.

Although I am 45 this year, I vividly remember ingesting some tobacco when I was a kid of around 12 years old ... at first you're afraid you're going to die - and then you start worrying that you are not going to die!

My dad smoked pipe tobacco and, unbeknown to me, kept some of his tobacco in a coffee tin in the kitchen. My mother liked coffee and kept her coffee in ... a tin in the kitchen. One day I wanted to make myself a cup of coffee and grabbed the nearly empty tin of coffee ('finish the one before opening the other' lesson I had been taught) and managed to scrape together just enough to fill a teaspoon ... then I opened the other tin and topped up with another teaspoon to make a nice strong cup of coffee.

The coffee tasted like the proverbial and it did burn my throat a bit ... but I knocked it down and went on my merry way. About 20 minutes later, I felt sweat pop out on my top lip - my stomach turn - and I knew I was in trouble. I tried to suppress the nausea for as long as I could but eventually it erupted and it was not a pretty sight ... pretty soon it felt like I was vomiting everything from my lungs all the way down to my .. well, exhaust ... actually, it turned into one of the most terrifying experiences I have had in my life.

So, nicotine = poison if ingested in liquid form? ... Damn straight !!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join