It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worst Conspiracy Theory Ever

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Myendica
unfortunately thats not a theory. most of that really happened thus making it history. not really a conspiracy theory. and this osama guy u speak of apparently planned it for years, so it wasnt just waking up out of the blue. not that i believe he planned it or executed it, thats not the point. but no most what you said is really history.

Some people believe 9/11 was a false flag and Osama was blamed because the Taliban started burning the Opium Fields which the Governments were using to fund Black Ops, who knows ?

That is a conspiracy theory as is the reason's why we went to war

[edit on 17-9-2009 by EvilTwin666]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by EvilTwin666

Well, if that is your understanding of what happened on 9/11 I can definetly see why you think that is a bad conspiracy theory.

However, it isn't even close.

I would suggest a little reading first.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvilTwin666
Thats the worst Conspiracy Theory I have ever heard.

Anyone who believes that needs their head testing.

I'll grant you that this conspiracy theory is pretty far out there, but as for worst conspiracy theory ever, I'd have to give that to the conspiracy that claims the vapor trails on high flying aircraft are really toxins being sprayed to make everyone sterile. The conspiracy that says AIDS is a gov't bioweapon released to kill all the black people in Africa is a solid runner up.

Interestingly enough, I was introduced to both of these by people who also believe in these 9/11 conspiracies. 'Nuff said.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   

reply to post by jd140

What would be the point.

Some would beleive they are all dangerous terrorists

So you are saying you don't have another source that is nuetral and you are trying to make it sound as if you do under the disguise that posting it would be futile.

Thats all you had to say.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   

We are at war with Iraq and Afghanistan because some guy called Osama Bin Laden woke up one morning and decided to fly 2 planes into the Twin Towers for no apparent reason,

Wow... do you even know what day it is? I really hope that was just an attempt at a colossus sized strawman for satirical effect rather than indicative of your understanding of the situation.

1. Bin Laden has plenty of reasons to hate us, and has plenty of videos where he says why. Whether or not you think they're good reasons doesn't matter. What matters is whether or not he thinks they are good reasons, and whether or not he can convince others to of those reasons. ... and no, it has nothing to do with our freedoms.

2. We're not at war with Afghanistan, we're at war IN Afghanistan. We toppled the central Taliban leadership a long time ago, and are now trying to clean up the resistant Taliban forces. They don't control the government, but they do control several territories. We only went to war with the Taliban because they sheltered Al-Qaeda. If they had cooperated and worked with us, we wouldn't have toppled them. Whatever else we may be doing (securing oil fields/lines, opium eradication/cultivation, etc) is additional.

3. We didn't go to War with Iraq because of links to Al-Qaeda. We went to war with Iraq (officially) because we thought they had WMDs and Saddam wouldn't comply with proper inspections. Al-Qaeda links were flimsy and circumstantial at best, and most of the language used by officials to the public were nebulous terms like "Terrorist groups", rather than specific names and organizations. The supposed Al-Qaeda links were pushed more and more into focus later on when we realized he didn't have much of anything. Saddam was just using the UN/American concern over WMD possession as a bluff to establish greater influence with his neighbors - such as Iran and Kuwait whom they were not on good terms with. Apparently, Saddam didn't think we'd go as far as we did, and played his hand to the end hoping we'd pull back like the first Gulf War... because either way if we didn't, his days were numbered. Whatever other motivations we may have had for going into Iraq (Such as Oil, Israeli security and military staging platforms, etc) - we declared war because he wouldn't let inspectors have access to supposed WMD sites.

4. The plan was to fly four planes into American buildings. Only two of those hit the towers. The two others were to crash into the Pentagon and the White House.

5. Osama Bin Laden didn't just wake up one morning and crap out the 9/11 attacks along with yesterdays falafel. Osama didn't even plan the attacks. It was a collaborative effort of many individuals, with Abu Zubaydah being the central figure supposedly involved in the planning and organization. Really, Osama Bin Laden is really more of a celebrity figure... he's an icon, because he is a well known rebel hero from the days of driving out the Soviets in the late 70's. He had the influence, fame, and finances to help first establish Al-Qaeda - but most of their attacks are planned in independent cells... not generally handed down from a structured hierarchy. The initial 1993 bombing was instigated by such an independent cell, but failed to cause the damage and death Yousef desired (though over 1,000 were injured and 6 died) - which likely inspired what would eventually become the more elaborate and structured plan of attack in 2001 with more involvement from the central leadership. So... yes... I can see how Al-Qaeda could pull off something like 9/11 (which was only a partial success for them, since damage to the Pentagon was less than expected and the White House attackers crashed in PA), yet still botch a car bombing or small scale attack.

Now... in just those five points I've left a LOT of vital information out in a highly overly simplified set of corrections which are according to the official story - not even getting into conspiracy theorist contentions, and yet, my five corrections address only ONE paragraph of your OP's rant against the official story.

So if what you described is what you THINK the official story states... then you shouldn't believe it. I wouldn't. Nobody should. It's a bunch of misconceptions about the official story, and by ranting against that - you're not doing the truther movement any favors ~ as you just end up perpetuating negative stereotypes.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
How are you guys all missing the sarcasm of the OP? He's not trying to get anyone to believe the story, he's commenting on how ignorant most people are to believe the story that the media is spoon-feeding them.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
Where did they train? Practice? Plot? Make it all come out perfectly, with no rehearsals? Gee, the Hollywood and Theater companies of the World could sure use those sorts of talents, to shave production costs. Just write a script, cast the actors, put them in costume and start the play...or start filming, because there's no need to rehearse, fine tune, or clear up any rough edges in your plans, because it's so brilliant from the start.

Compared to the Muslim extremists who actually PLANNED for months, did dry runs, plotted, trained, practiced....for MONTHS!!! Still, didn't quite go as they'd hoped (fortunately). Bad enough though....

Are you really saying the US Government was not capable of pulling this off? You're saying they didn't have the resources to train, practice, plot, etc.?

You're first assumption, is that were the US government involved at all, that they'd be the ones actually perpetrating the events. Ever hear of a patsy? How about the term "fall guy"? Ever explore the concept of getting someone else to do something you didn't want to do? There's this thing we call "outsourcing". You should look it up some time.

Essentially what you're saying is that the almighty US government, with all it's wealth, power and resources, was not capable of being involved at any level, while a bunch of brainwashed fanatics running around in the sand and hiding in caves didn't have any issues.

At the same time, you're implying that the official government explanation of the events of that day makes perfect sense. You must be operating on an outdated version of common sense, because their story is holier than the pope.

There are a lot of obvious discrepancies in the official report, and anyone who doesn't question them, is embracing their ignorance.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by theacaciastrain

Yeah, but I listened to the same damned media everybody else did. Hell, Fox News and CNN were about all I watched between 1999 and 2003 when the sensationalism just got to be too much. So why didn't I apparently get painted this picture the OP presented, that he claims other Americans have?

Personally, I don't blame the media. They're just feeding the public the crap they apparently want... because no matter how loudly the public may lament the passing of respectable news organizations and independent journalism... the ratings are telling a very different story.

I blame the consumer, ultimately. It's no conspiracy that there has always been a massive sector of the population which is critically stupid. The founding fathers said much on the subject, and some even debated whether or not eligibility for government positions should be reserved for the upper class who had experience with banking, international policy, and were well educated and literate. When Thomas Paine penned his works, a part of the reason for their massive popularity was due to their being written in the "vulgar" language of the common man, rather than in more affluent and academic language common to the aristocracies. And here we are over 200 years later, and there's knowledge and information, debate, and education available free to anyone who is willing to take the time to study and read it. Even if self-education doesn't mean jack to an employer or otherwise, it's still well worth the effort for the color it gives to perceptions by providing vital context and clarity necessary to make better informed and well rationed opinions on subjects.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Lasheic

So you still believe Bin Laden is responsible ?

Not realised you've been fooled, you'll be much easier to get next time round then.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by theacaciastrain
How are you guys all missing the sarcasm of the OP? He's not trying to get anyone to believe the story, he's commenting on how ignorant most people are to believe the story that the media is spoon-feeding them.

You've got your eye on the ball, although it is funny watchin these people trip over it.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Then the story goes on that he had to be removed because he had committed genecide in the early 1990's of around 200 Kurds so we have had to kill 1.3 million Iraqi civilians since this invasion.

Got a source for that 1.3 million Iraqi civilians killed by US or Coalition troops?

Just curious.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by depth om
The thing is most people will not gather the "facts" and lay them out for inspection. There are bills to pay, games to watch, and mouths to feed. If everyone could receive a primer guide to the official story and how mucked up it has become, how many twists and turns and outright LIES there were, maybe they would turn away from the the bread and the circuses, tear the veil off their eyes and start scratching their heads.

Fantasy becomes reality when no one cares to look again. There's things to be done and fun to be had! Why would they want to get mad? Don't get mad, get glad! As that tv commercial says.

The fabric of thought and idea is being stitched and quilted into the straight jackets that surround us. Enslaved by anothers requisite and vision, we are the dead men who work for the living, the profane who toil for the principalities.

I have the power of all the people killed since the beginning of man in my veins and mind, and am profoundly angered. The cries and moans of those set upon by the wolves of war.

Lies are fact and truth is detested! They say the end justifies the means, but there is no end.

It's all a damn joke soaked in blood.

So now you all know why our civilization/society as we know is about to end.

Its doomed. Like the Roman Empire.

Perhaps when what the seers of the old and many others have warned of occurs shortly, will more wished they had cared more and hadn't stuck their head in the ground.

[edit on 17-9-2009 by Orion7911]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Orion7911

The past is the future

When history is a lie most commonly agreed on then it is destined to repeat itself.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   

In the nutshell, and don`t forget that Bin Laden and Saddam hated each other with a vengeance, also I created a thread regarding just how professional A.Q. really are, be afraid, be very afraid.....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Seventh

yeah your on my wavelength.

Yesterdays terrorists are tomorrows Politicians, they don't change just because they wear a suit.

And we have nothing to fear except fear itself.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Double post...

[edit on 17-9-2009 by king9072]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

Where did they train? Practice? Plot? Make it all come out perfectly, with no rehearsals? Gee, the Hollywood and Theater companies of the World could sure use those sorts of talents, to shave production costs. Just write a script, cast the actors, put them in costume and start the play...or start filming, because there's no need to rehearse, fine tune, or clear up any rough edges in your plans, because it's so brilliant from the start.

Compared to the Muslim extremists who actually PLANNED for months, did dry runs, plotted, trained, practiced....for MONTHS!!! Still, didn't quite go as they'd hoped (fortunately). Bad enough though....

Hahaha... and the ignorance goes marching on! Trillions of dollars at stake, as well as a chance to radically change - forever - the way the world is, all on one single day in a few short hours. But of course, some idiots in a cave definitely had more motive, funding, a means to accomplish that right?

What a joke. This site gets more pathetic by the day. Foed.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   

reply to post by Orion7911

The past is the future

When history is a lie most commonly agreed on then it is destined to repeat itself.

its so sad that most don't realize if the perpetrators aren't held accountable and 9/11 goes ignored by the nation it occurred in when so much obvious evidence exists, that nation cannot continue to exist and WILL be destroyed.

Its inevitable.

freewill and reality are nothing more than illusions within our matrix.

Nothing to fear but fear itself...? The ONE who predicted 9/11 and says Nuclear Terrorism is the next stage in the program, would probably disagree.

alt.prophecies.nostradamus

eLnIn, View profile
Sep 11 1998, 12:00 am

Newsgroups: alt.prophecies.nostradamus
Date: 1998/09/11
Subject: SOLLOG PREDICTS 911 EMERGENCY!!!!!

SOLLOG SAYS THAT ON 911 THERE WILL BE A GREAT EMERCENCY IN WASHINGTON DC ANOTHER GUARANTEE FROM SOLLOG!!!!!

===========================================

Subject: 911
View this article only
Date: 2001-08-31 11:03:37 PST

Something is going to happen tomorrow. This is a witness against everyone on this newsgroup. I hate this newsgroup, and everyone on it sucks. REPENT! You are all evil liars! Do not be so evil, and be holy. You are going to get me killed because of the truth of my mouth. I am not telling you what is going to happen until it does, because an EVIL and adulterous generation seeks for
a sign.

==============================================
Message 2 in thread
Subject: Re: 911
View this article only
Date: 2001-09-01 20:44:01 PST

Dear Xin,

Well, your tomorrow was yesterday. Will you tell us now
what the thing was that happened?

Peace,
Tom McDonald
Post a follow-up to this message

That's it? "This is a witness against everyone on this
newsgroup."? That's your big friggin' deal? You underdid
yourself this time, Xin. Usually I can at least rely on you
for some interesting reading. This sucks.

Tom

================================================

Message 5 in thread
View this article only
Date: 2001-09-04 09:41:41 PST

Since when do I post prophecies, other than end of the world cataclysmic
ones?

Dear Xin,

The first post in this thread was from you, saying that
something was going to happen on August 31, and that you
would tell us what that thing was after it happened,
presumably on September 1. I was only noticing that you
hadn't followed through on what you said you'd do, and
instead had only written, "This is a witness against
everyone on this newsgroup."

Now you write, "Since when do I post prophecies, other
than end of the world ones?" Are you now saying that you
are taking back your promise to tell us the thing that you
said was going to happen on August 31? Or are you saying
that the thing that happened August 31 was a witness against
everyone in this newsgroup, with no more specification than
that?

Just looking for some consistency and followthrough from
you. I am interested in what happened on August 31 that
fulfilled your premonition of August 30. Or has it not
happened yet, and you are going to tell us after it does,
whatever the date?

Peace,
Tom McDonald

Message 7 in thread
View this article only
Date: 2001-09-04 12:40:28 PST

Wait 7 days, and then maybe I'll answer this post. You see, I am going away in seven days, and you will not hear from me again.

X

[edit on 17-9-2009 by Orion7911]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lasheic

We are at war with Iraq and Afghanistan because some guy called Osama Bin Laden woke up one morning and decided to fly 2 planes into the Twin Towers for no apparent reason,

Wow... do you even know what day it is? I really hope that was just an attempt at a colossus sized strawman for satirical effect rather than indicative of your understanding of the situation.

1. Bin Laden has plenty of reasons to hate us, and has plenty of videos where he says why. Whether or not you think they're good reasons doesn't matter. What matters is whether or not he thinks they are good reasons, and whether or not he can convince others to of those reasons. ... and no, it has nothing to do with our freedoms.

2. We're not at war with Afghanistan, we're at war IN Afghanistan. We toppled the central Taliban leadership a long time ago, and are now trying to clean up the resistant Taliban forces. They don't control the government, but they do control several territories. We only went to war with the Taliban because they sheltered Al-Qaeda. If they had cooperated and worked with us, we wouldn't have toppled them. Whatever else we may be doing (securing oil fields/lines, opium eradication/cultivation, etc) is additional.

3. We didn't go to War with Iraq because of links to Al-Qaeda. We went to war with Iraq (officially) because we thought they had WMDs and Saddam wouldn't comply with proper inspections. Al-Qaeda links were flimsy and circumstantial at best, and most of the language used by officials to the public were nebulous terms like "Terrorist groups", rather than specific names and organizations. The supposed Al-Qaeda links were pushed more and more into focus later on when we realized he didn't have much of anything. Saddam was just using the UN/American concern over WMD possession as a bluff to establish greater influence with his neighbors - such as Iran and Kuwait whom they were not on good terms with. Apparently, Saddam didn't think we'd go as far as we did, and played his hand to the end hoping we'd pull back like the first Gulf War... because either way if we didn't, his days were numbered. Whatever other motivations we may have had for going into Iraq (Such as Oil, Israeli security and military staging platforms, etc) - we declared war because he wouldn't let inspectors have access to supposed WMD sites.

4. The plan was to fly four planes into American buildings. Only two of those hit the towers. The two others were to crash into the Pentagon and the White House.

5. Osama Bin Laden didn't just wake up one morning and crap out the 9/11 attacks along with yesterdays falafel. Osama didn't even plan the attacks. It was a collaborative effort of many individuals, with Abu Zubaydah being the central figure supposedly involved in the planning and organization. Really, Osama Bin Laden is really more of a celebrity figure... he's an icon, because he is a well known rebel hero from the days of driving out the Soviets in the late 70's. He had the influence, fame, and finances to help first establish Al-Qaeda - but most of their attacks are planned in independent cells... not generally handed down from a structured hierarchy. The initial 1993 bombing was instigated by such an independent cell, but failed to cause the damage and death Yousef desired (though over 1,000 were injured and 6 died) - which likely inspired what would eventually become the more elaborate and structured plan of attack in 2001 with more involvement from the central leadership. So... yes... I can see how Al-Qaeda could pull off something like 9/11 (which was only a partial success for them, since damage to the Pentagon was less than expected and the White House attackers crashed in PA), yet still botch a car bombing or small scale attack.

Now... in just those five points I've left a LOT of vital information out in a highly overly simplified set of corrections which are according to the official story - not even getting into conspiracy theorist contentions, and yet, my five corrections address only ONE paragraph of your OP's rant against the official story.

So if what you described is what you THINK the official story states... then you shouldn't believe it. I wouldn't. Nobody should. It's a bunch of misconceptions about the official story, and by ranting against that - you're not doing the truther movement any favors ~ as you just end up perpetuating negative stereotypes.

I was being ironic but now you mention it

1. I did see the video's of Bin Laden and wondered why he was wearing a wedding ring and a watch for the first time and was writing right handed when he is left handed. Makes me wonder why it does not mention 9/11 on his Most Wanted page at the FBI, you can of course email them and ask to which your reply will be "There is no clear evidence linking him to the 9/11 attacks", please try it.... heres a link if you can't be bothered

2. In or At war does it matter, are we going to win a war that Russia couldn't ? Maybe build a McDonalds there after ?

3. Hey I didn't say we went to war because of Al Q. thats what our government told us to beleive. As for Saddam not letting weapons inspectors see non existant weapons is a farce, we may as well of been told he was holding Santa Claus hostage.

4. Would love to see the pics of the other 2 planes that were destined for the Whitehouse and allegedly hit the Pentagon.

5. If you beleive that AQ were responsible for 9/11 then since you've been fooled once it shouldn't be too difficult a second time round.

So with those 5 points I think you will find the only stereotypes are sheep.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by GoodOlDave

Interestingly enough, I was introduced to both of these by people who also believe in these 9/11 conspiracies. 'Nuff said.

That is because you are dealing with the wrong people. Most “Truthers” do not subscribe to these theories.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join