It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something Strange (pic)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Tifozi

READ.THE.THREAD!!
We have been over that so many times now!

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jinx880101

Actually, I see no difference. In fact it's even more clear from the picture of it after it's been sitting out a couple of days that it's just a sloth. The reason it was so pristine before is because it was in the water. Animal tissue decomposes more slowly in the water than it does when exposed to air because of lessened exposure to oxygen. The sloth probably died, fell out of a tree into the water, floated downstream for several days losing its hair in the process. Then it was dragged out of the water onto some rocks by these kids, and voila: after only a couple more days of exposure to air and small scavengers, it resembles the disgusting carcass in the later picture.

Just look at the claws, the articulation and relative length of the limbs, the angle of the ribs and pelvis, and in fact, the size of the head (sloths have very small heads). As I said before, and I realize this doesn't exactly amount to forensic analysis, I am very familiar with sloth anatomy as I have spent hours doing drawing studies of sloths. There is no mystery here. The only thing mysterious was the kids' description of the incident, and that is by deductive reasoning an obvious lie.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Kinda Sad

It is most likely a sloth with perhaps one of the following diseases.

*Alopecia areata
Symptoms: Patches of hair loss especially on head, neck, and body; no itching.

*Bacterial infection
Description: Often occurs as a result of another condition such as a parasitic, allergic, or hormonal conditon.

*Cushing's disease
Symptoms: Hair loss, thinning of skin, hyperpigmentation, easy bruising, seborrhea, comedones (black heads); lethargy, increased thirst and urination, pot-bellied appearance.

Whatever it had it was probably dieing anyway and may have already been suffering.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Just in case anyone is still interested here is a website address where they actually have video of this creature...

www.wisn.com...

Not sure if I did that right but you'll figure it out I'm sure....

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by MillionEyedMask

If you read our posts on the previous page, you will see that we alreay established that it is a sloth.
The skull was the confusing part, it differs from most species of 2 and 3 toed sloth.
Turns out it is a narrow chested sloth. It's ckull differs greatly from all other species.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by INJUNJAY
Just in case anyone is still interested here is a website address where they actually have video of this creature...

www.wisn.com...

Not sure if I did that right but you'll figure it out I'm sure....

Hmm, it starts of with the pictures as posted here, after that there is footage of the decomposing body, it really looks like a sloth but why is the military involved??

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   
The end of the video on that website shows live video footage that looks nothing like the pictures????
Cheers
mrix

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I would like to point out something I just noticed...
Previously thought as a narrow chested sloth (two toed) as shown in picture of skeleton posted by another member.

Notice in the video, the creature has three 'toes' on the front and back claws/paws. Therefor, it cannot be the same thing... Very fascinating...

[edit on 06/10/2009 by jinx880101]

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrixxx
The end of the video on that website shows live video footage that looks nothing like the pictures????
Cheers
mrix

It is the same thing, I saw it on a German video as well.
www.rtl.de...

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
s-l-o-t-h

gross & hairless, maybe. but still a sloth.

if if it's not - doesn't seem to bear any resemblance to the sorts of ET beings commonly (and globally) reported.

a hoax or a freak of nature. definitely of this earth, tho.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jinx880101
I would like to point out something I just noticed...
Previously thought as a narrow chested sloth (two toed) as shown in picture of skeleton posted by another member. Notice in the video, the creature has three 'toes' on the front and back claws/paws. Therefor, it cannot be the same thing... Very fascinating...

Interesting. Though there are also 3 toed sloths with a somehow “narrow” upper chest, the 2 toed sloths’ chests seem even narrower in general, at least of the skeletons I saw so far. Hence it’s a bit surprising the Cerro Azul creature is NOT a 2 toed sloth. Something doesn't fit somehow.

btw: "The living sloths belong to one of two families, known as the Megalonychidae ("two-toed" sloths) and the Bradypodidae (three-toed sloths). All living sloths have in fact three toes; the "two-toed" sloths, however, have only two fingers." (source: en.wikipedia.org...)

[edit on 20-9-2009 by DeepSea]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Nothing new to hair removal innovations used on the monkeys for
the Roswell hoax.
Still fumbling around in their Illuminati lies.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne
Nothing new to hair removal innovations used on the monkeys for
the Roswell hoax.
Still fumbling around in their Illuminati lies.

If it's not caused by some kind of Tesla tech, it must be the Illuminati right?

I understand your mind now. If you can't explain it using Tesla, you use the Illuminati.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Let's have a closer look at the alleged new "evidence" ie the "narrow chested sloth" skeleton picture (bottom of page 5). What does it REALLY prove/explain? Not at all the whole puzzle, just a few pieces: The funny looking pelvic bone (strikingly visible in that narrow chested sloth skeleton image), probably the small head, and partially(!), read below, the narrow upper chest of the original being. Moreover the "after a few days" image appears genuine now. BUT it does not SOLVE the puzzle. Many points still don't fit:

1. Look EXACTLY at the most upper ribs of the "narrow" chested (2 toed) sloth skeleton. Even this "narrowest" version does not have SUCH an extremely flat upper chest as the being in the original images.

2. The EXTREMELY thin limbs. NO sloth has such "pencil" arms/legs:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/71989dc0f436.jpeg [/atsimg]

Sloths have strong/massive arms & legs:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/df0f7aeec32e.gif[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d34d5185963d.jpg[/atsimg]

Just the (allegedly) missing hair does not explain the super-flat chest and super-thin limbs of the original being. These are major differences from sloths.

Neither can the "pencil" limbs be explained by the "water bloating" theory. On the contrary, "water bloating" causes a swelling not a thinning of body parts, look at the bloated belly of the original being or the bloated left limb of this drowned turtle:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a55c2038bbd2.jpg[/atsimg]

3. Mouth and jaws of the original being (close up pictures) are NOT sloth like. Sloths have snout-/beak-like mouths and jaws. Sloth skeletons show beak-like lower jaws.

The same goes for the NOSE shape and color depicted in the original being's close ups. They too look VERY different from a real sloth. Sloths (at least seem to) have narrow and dark noses, somehow similar to dogs'. No way such a dark nose would change its dark color just by dwelling in water for a relatively short time (the close ups of the original being's head depict no advanced decomposition).

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d7a2b6d63546.jpg[/atsimg]

Some "perezosos" (page 3) may partially have a somewhat similar shaped larger mouth but still have a very different nose and additionally seem to be very small sloths with a relatively BIG head and big/sturdy limbs (perezosos), which all doesn't fit the Cerro Azul footage.

4. The naked skin!! I read the "hairless because of dwelling in water" claim, but a search ("drowned bodies/animals") yielded NO results, I couldn't even find one picture showing a drowned animal that had lost his fur/hair just because of drowning/dwelling in water. All I found - including drowned humans - did not lose their hair. And this: "The amazing sloth. [Sloths] are exceptionally good swimmers" (conservationreport.com...). As sloths are accustomed to water their fur must be water resistant and would certainly not just dissolve so quickly. No poster has supplied evidence for the "hairless because of water" claim so far. The above "Alopecia areata"/"Bacterial infection"/"Cushing's disease" explanations of gingerdrop2005 are a bit far fetched. Why should just this "sloth" suffer from these? Too easy.

5. Size? The video sloth seems to be a 3-toed one (at 1:13), which are SMALL sloths (en.wikipedia.org...: "Three-toed ... are about the size of a small dog ... having a combined length of around 45 centimeters, and the animal having a weight of 3.5-4.5 kg ... Unlike the two-toed sloths, they also have a short (6-7 cm) tail, and they have three clawed toes on all front feet of their limbs.). Whereas the original being seems pretty big. Why didn't they show its real size in the video (eg together with a researcher)...?

[edit on 21-9-2009 by DeepSea]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
My conclusion/guess based on the evidence so far and the irregularities mentioned in my above post (even if one or two of them could be "solved"): NOT a real sloth, but a sloth crossbreed = (secret?) genetic experiment, ie of a sloth and something else.

Based on such a blend of real sloth traits (claws, pelvic bone) and non-typical traits (explained in 1-5 above) a crossbreed is a reasonable explanation. Neither a mutation nor a desease could change that many body features at the same time.

[edit on 20-9-2009 by DeepSea]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
seeing the couple days pic compared to the sloth skeleton...i'll go with the theory...

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

Here’s a conversation between two aliens after one of them came into contact with humans

"They're made out of meat."
"Meat?"
"Meat. They're made out of meat."
"Meat?"
"There's no doubt about it. We picked several from different parts of the
planet, took them aboard our recon vessels, probed them all through.
They're completely meat."

"That's impossible. What about the radio signals? The messages to the
stars."

"They use the radio waves to talk, but the signals don't come from them.
The signals come from machines."

"So who made the machines? That's who we want to contact."

"They made the machines. That's what I'm trying to tell you. Meat made the
machines."

"That's ridiculous. How can meat make a machine? You're asking me to
believe in sentient meat."

"I'm not asking you, I'm telling you. These creatures are the only sentient
race in the sector and they're made out of meat."

"Maybe they're like the orfolei. You know, a carbon-based intelligence that
goes through a meat stage."

"Nope. They're born meat and they die meat. We studied them for several of
their life spans, which didn't take too long. Do you have any idea the life
span of meat?"

"Spare me. Okay, maybe they're only part meat. You know, like the weddilei.
A meat head with an electron plamsa brain inside."

"Nope. We thought of that, since they do have meat heads like the weddilei.
But I told you, we probed them. They're meat all the way through."

"No brain?"

"Oh, there is a brain all right. It's just that the brain is made out of
meat!"

"So... what does the thinking?"

"You're not understanding, are you? The brain does the thinking. The meat."

"Thinking meat! You're asking me to believe in thinking meat!"

"Yes, thinking meat! Conscious meat! Loving meat. Dreaming meat. The meat
is the whole deal! Are you getting the picture?"

"Omigod. You're serious then. They're made out of meat."

"Finally. Yes, they are indeed made out meat. And they've been trying to
get in touch with us for almost a hundred of their years."

"So what does the meat have in mind."

"First it wants to talk to us. Then I imagine it wants to explore the
universe, contact other sentients, swap ideas and information. The usual."

"We're supposed to talk to meat?"

"That's the idea. That's the message they're sending out by radio. 'Hello.
Anyone out there? Anyone home?' That sort of thing."

"They actually do talk, then. They use words, ideas, concepts?"

"Oh, yes. Except they do it with meat."

"I thought you just told me they used radio."

"They do, but what do you think is on the radio? Meat sounds. You know how
when you slap or flap meat it makes a noise? They talk by flapping their
meat at each other. They can even sing by squirting air through their
meat."

"Omigod. Singing meat. This is altogether too much. So what do you advise?"

"Officially or unofficially?"

"Both."

"Officially, we are required to contact, welcome, and log in any and all
sentient races or multibeings in the quadrant, without prejudice, fear, or
favor. Unofficially, I advise that we erase the records and forget the
whole thing."

"I was hoping you would say that."

"It seems harsh, but there is a limit. Do we really want to make contact
with meat?"

"I agree one hundred percent. What's there to say?" `Hello, meat. How's it
going?' But will this work? How many planets are we dealing with here?"

"Just one. They can travel to other planets in special meat containers, but
they can't live on them. And being meat, they only travel through C-space.
which limits them to the speed of light and makes the possibility of their
ever making contact pretty slim. Infinitesimal, in fact."

"So we just pretend there's no one home in the universe."

"That's it."

"Cruel. But you said it yourself, who wants to meet meat? And the ones who
have been aboard our vessels, the ones you have probed? You're sure they
won't remember?"

"They'll be considered crackpots if they do. We went into their heads and
smoothed out their meat so that we're just a dream to them."

"A dream to meat! How strangely appropiate, that we should be meat's
dream."

"And we can marked this sector unoccupied."

"Good. Agreed, officially and unofficially. Case closed. Any others? Anyone
interested on that side of the galaxy?"

"Yes, a rather shy but sweet hydrogen core cluster intelligence in a class
nine star in G445 zone. Was in contact two galactic rotation ago, wants to
be friendly again."

"They always come around."

"And why not? Imagine how unbearably, how unutterably cold the universe
would be if one were all alone."

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Comparison with a three toed sloth (sloth image from scienceblogs.com...)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/23d1825efbe4.png[/atsimg]

yellow: eye shape
green: nostril shape
red: no nose hump
blue: nose color
white: no fur

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by DeepSea

You are taking into consideration that this sloth has been in the water and so the skin would swell during decomposition?
As can be seen in the original pictures, the skin is wet, so looks like its just been dragged from the water, where it would have been for some time.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

It looks like somebody could have shaved the sloth down, if you look at the upper right hand on one of the pictures that claw like hook apendage is also present on the one without fur.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join