It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something Strange (pic)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
It is a sloth for these reasons:

1) It has a nipple, which automatically classifies it as a mammal (something from earth)

2) Its right hand is a claw just like a sloth

3) There is hair on its belly from where they stopped shaving it.

I hate it when people make hoaxes like this, it is cruel and barbaric!

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I wouldnt say it was a sloth..unless it was a genetic freak of nature. it dosnt look like it has been shaved to me. there is no evidence of hair apart from the lower abdomen. as for the hair maybe coming off in the water? sloths are wet all the time. they are that wet there fur is a habitat for hundreds of species of insects. alga grows on their fur!

i cant seem to link the youtube vid. search mouldy sloth on youtube

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

Apparently some kids ran across this thing and stoned it to death out of fear.

[edit on 17-9-2009 by ManBehindTheMask]

wow.. so we still live in the stone age then? do we.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by spikey
Whatever it eventually turns out to be, a sloth or something else entirely, the thing that sticks out as noteworthy for me, is the fact that these 'kids' killed the thing!

Imagine for a moment that it was an alien creature, somehow separated from it's kind and alone, frightened and hopeless...meets these humans and gets killed.

What does that say about our species from an alien point of view?

You have to understand that not all people are equal. There are certaoin areas in the world where survival on a daily basis is very hard and it does tend to make the people very "tough". I killed a squirrel when I was young just for the thrill. Maybe these kids were doing the same. You keep what you kill.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by spikey
Whatever it eventually turns out to be, a sloth or something else entirely, the thing that sticks out as noteworthy for me, is the fact that these 'kids' killed the thing!

Imagine for a moment that it was an alien creature, somehow separated from it's kind and alone, frightened and hopeless...meets these humans and gets killed.

What does that say about our species from an alien point of view?

As the Gov. of Kalifornia once said...."If it bleeds, we can kill it"

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I have to go with the sloth theory, IF it's not a mutated turtle, missing its shell and albino at that!!!

Michaelangelo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
mabey its a sloth with cancer and like, hes going thru kemotharpy. so hes on his way back home when hes approched by children and they kill him before the cancer does. thats my theroy

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/71989dc0f436.jpeg[/atsimg]

The smoothness, bewilders me.

that can happen when a corpse is submerged for awhile..(and this one was) first thing to go is the hair...

just kids in the jungle killing sloths.

there's a big market for strange reports of creatures south of the border you know... it brings cameras and cameras bring cameramen and cameramen bring stomachs and stomachs bring appetites and appetites want.....

BURRITO!!!!

(burrito = $ by the way)

but.. if somethings DO REALLY start to start ravaging people down there.... you're gonna have alot of people saying they're crying wolf again..

-

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
That thing is definitely a sloth. I feel qualified to make that call for one very good reason, but it is going to sound strange: I have spent a lot of time drawing sloths for a comic book, and am very familiar with their proportions and anatomical features. Everything about that creature screams sloth, but I seriously doubt it ever looked like that -- hairless and bloated as if by decomposition -- while alive, unless it was afflicted with some kind of horrible mange or skin infection. The long, strangely jointed arms, the toothless mouth, the relative position of the facial features, the claws are all perfectly characteristic of a sloth. Take it from me, probably ATS's resident sloth expert.

Most likely those kids found it, already dead and decaying, floating in the water, dragged it up onto the shore and claimed they'd found it alive and killed it. Just kids being kids, coming up with a tall tale to see if they could fool the grownups.

I'm personally very fond of sloths. If they did kill it, especially if it was in a state obviously requiring veterinary care, this upsets me deeply.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
NOw thats one of the most freakiest things ive ever seen! wow! man, thait is..gorss yet eye attratctive. I highly doubt it was sloth..look at the skin, thier no trace of any leftover hair/furr. it loks to human, in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeepSea

"... ¿Cuál es su teoría?
Podría tratarse de un Anunaki" - Anunaki ...!?

Anunaki? Hmmmmm. - Researcher? Hmmmmmm. - Anunaki sloth? Rather.

It's a Sloth Deepsea - and no amount of magical thinking is going to change that fact. Anunaki Sloth? Ever get the feeling your on your own on this one mate?

IRM

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

Originally posted by DeepSea
"... ¿Cuál es su teoría?
Podría tratarse de un Anunaki" - Anunaki ...!?
Anunaki? Hmmmmm. - Researcher? Hmmmmmm. - Anunaki sloth? Rather.

It's a Sloth Deepsea - and no amount of magical thinking is going to change that fact. Anunaki Sloth? Ever get the feeling your on your own on this one mate?

1. Ever get the feeling any logic is on your side on this mate?

2. Read the thread before posting.

[edit on 18-9-2009 by DeepSea]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by DeepSea

Yeah, I did. It's a hideous cover-up right?
Give me a break man!

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
reply to post by DeepSea

... It's a hideous cover-up right?

... yeah, especially to call this thing "just a hairless sloth". Give ME a break.

Btw, and it's your side the "Anunaki" statement comes from (link by internos on page 3), not me: www.noticiasinsolitasya.com... . My "Anunaki sloth" remark (your second last post) was a witticism in view of that statement - really difficult to get.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by hisshadow
aw those barbarians...

a sloth is the slowest animal on the planet, there is no way it could scare anyone.

you could crawl away from a sloth, faster than it can run

those kids should be ashamed

Indeed, what complete morons to do this....

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   
OMG... it's SCUZZLEBUTT!!

They found him! I thougth the volcano got him... but where's the Patrick Duffy leg?

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Why are most of you ignoring the skull comparisons between the "couple days later" & sloth skeleton pics?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b048a5bb1e97.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/276e5db1ee17.jpg[/atsimg]

Anyone see the differences?

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Just out of interest sake,

Probably weighing about 3 tons when living, this bizarre animal would have stood approximately 15 feet (4.6 m) tall when standing on its hind legs, using its thick tail for balance. It had 5 fingers on each hand with huge claws probably used for defense and for pulling down vegetation from above when foraging for food. One claw core is 17 inches (43 cm) long. The visible portion of the claw would have been 12 inches (30 cm) or more in length! This sloth, a land animal, may have been killed in a flood or died while swimming, as its skeleton was found in marine sediment in association with small marine fossils.

Giant ground sloths are extinct relatives of modern tree sloths. It is interesting to note that a ground sloth fossil is credited with an assist in the beginnings of North American vertebrate paleontology, as it was Thomas Jefferson’s letter on Megalonyx, another ground sloth genus, read before the American Philosophical Society of Philadelphia in 1797, that got the ball rolling.

The original bones of this unusual creature were discovered in 1991 in a storm sewer retention basin, and were donated to the North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences (NCMNS) by the city of Wilmington, North Carolina. They went on exhibit at the museum in 2000.

We’ve been authorized by NCMNS to produce casts of this magnificent skeleton. This animal was truly a giant! Here are some measurements:

Skull Length - 26 inches (66 cm)
Base of the skull to base of the tail, near the pelvis - 140 inches (369 cm)
Tail length - 74 inches (188 cm)
Total length, from nose to tail, about 20 feet (6.2 m). Of course, posed, rearing up (as shown) the actual “footprint” of the exhibit (floor space required) would be shorter.

Sorry, forgot to add the link, Here www.bhigr.com...

[edit on 06/10/2009 by jinx880101]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by jinx880101

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b048a5bb1e97.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/276e5db1ee17.jpg[/atsimg]

Why are most of you ignoring the skull comparisons between the "couple days later" & sloth skeleton pics?

Yes (as can also be seen in the giant sloth skeleton external image you just linked). ... AND the strange skin (www.abovetopsecret.com...). ... AND the suspicious fact that there are no further pics, and no close ups at all.

Moreover:
- The funny looking pelvic region in the "after a few days" image. Like amateurishly fabricated then wrapped over with cloth.
- The very different (stuffed-looking) chest region in the "after a few days" image. Compare it to the original photos (www.abovetopsecret.com...).

Hmmmmm. Some members' great debunking skills seem to vanish to zero as soon as own "evidence" is involved.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join