It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something Strange (pic)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Not sure if this has been posted yet, but i found this pic on coast to coast AM.

Apparently some kids ran across this thing and stoned it to death out of fear.
Now it looks to be some kind of animal that has lost its hair, possibly, but i cant for the life of me place it.

I dont see any earmarks of being fake, so it looks to me like it is something that was ONCE alive at some point.

Does anyone have any ideas? or is this a genuine unknown?
Maybe a monkey thats been shaved and placed or a sloth? Not sure
Ill admit im not familiar with my creatures out of Panama

[edit on 17-9-2009 by ManBehindTheMask]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   
very interesting....that's all i got sorry lol

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing: i'll post a rough translation of the article about it:

Strange creature found in Cerro Azul

The discovery of a strange creature in Cerro Azul has aroused controversy among the people, for while some say it may be a being from another planet, others simply believe that is an animal.

Four teenagers aged between 14 and 16 years, met him at the Jet Blue Hill, on Saturday, while having fun in the place.

According to one of them, they suddenly saw the creature emerging from a cave located behind the water jet. At her appearance and it began to climb over the rocks to one of them panicked and began to thrash him and throw sticks, getting killed, after which they threw into the water and ran.

telemetro.com...
www.xnewsnow.com...

The explanation in the links below would make sense to me

dailyhuff.com...
Forgetomori

[edit on 17/9/2009 by internos]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   
yep looks like its a sloth nothing more

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/71989dc0f436.jpeg[/atsimg]

The smoothness, bewilders me.

[edit on 17-9-2009 by Republican08]

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   
aw those barbarians...

a sloth is the slowest animal on the planet, there is no way it could scare anyone.

you could crawl away from a sloth, faster than it can run

those kids should be ashamed

+30 more 
posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Whatever it eventually turns out to be, a sloth or something else entirely, the thing that sticks out as noteworthy for me, is the fact that these 'kids' killed the thing!

Imagine for a moment that it was an alien creature, somehow separated from it's kind and alone, frightened and hopeless...meets these humans and gets killed.

What does that say about our species from an alien point of view?

And the skeptics always ask 'If they existed, why not just land on the whitehouse lawn?'...well, now you know...they have their answer really don't they.

The reason is, that human beings, are a bunch of savages.

They profess civilization, culture, 'humanity', and religion yet the first thing they do, their first instinct, is to kill.

Sums it all up for me.

Poor bloody creature...someone should beat those gits with sticks and see if they still think it's a good idea to do to someone or something else.

What's wrong with running away?

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by hisshadow
aw those barbarians...

a sloth is the slowest animal on the planet, there is no way it could scare anyone.

you could crawl away from a sloth, faster than it can run

those kids should be ashamed

Look at the thing! It's terrifying. I'm not sticking up for the kids, but people act differently when they're scared.
I personally would have run for my life, but I'm sure there are plenty of people who would kill it.

I'd really like to know, if it is a sloth, why the hell it's totally bald?

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   
files.abovetopsecret.com...

That is the freakiest thing I have seen in a long time.
Yes, compared with the picture of a sloth, I can see the hairless sloth look, claws, features etc. but why is it hairless???

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Good post OP,does look like a smooth baby skinned sloth to me

It has been said this was spotted from a cave,perhaps there may be more of them?

Wouldnt have liked to have stumbled upon this freaky looking creature.

Could it be a weird albino freak of nature?

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   
BTW it isnt totaly bald.looks like is lower half from the pelvis region is covered in thick fur

very strange

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

those kids should be thrown into a juvenile detention center and have a shrink give them a talking to for about a year

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daisy-Lola
files.abovetopsecret.com...

That is the freakiest thing I have seen in a long time.
Yes, compared with the picture of a sloth, I can see the hairless sloth look, claws, features etc. but why is it hairless???

Perhaps a rare form of alopecia in an animal or a previously undiscovered breed of sloth. There is still some fur left on it.

www.merckvetmanual.com.../bc/70109.htm

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daisy-Lola

I think the fact that the animal is hairless tells us that the two teenagers are lying. They did not kill the animal, it probaly had been dead for å while when they found it.

You can see that the body/stomach of the animal looks bloated, and both the bloating and the loss of hair/fur is a part of the decomposition process (bold text by me):

Bacterial action destroys the structure of cells and soft tissues, releasing in the process body fluids in internal cavities such as chest, abdomen, and oral tract. Anaerobic microorganisms produce methane, hydrogen sulphide, and other gases responsible for the increasing stench that surrounds rotting organic matter. As gases accumulate inside the body, it starts to swell, forcing more fluids from organs to internal cavities and blood to the periphery of the body. This phase of decomposition is called the gaseous period.

Subcutaneous (under the skin) blisters containing a mixture of plasma, hemoglobin , and gases appear and a marbled-like pattern spreads through the skin. The outer layers of the skin (epidermis) begin to detach from inner layers of the skin (dermis) as the gaseous period progresses.

www.encyclopedia.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Omg! What is that, it looks harmless. It's tongue fascinates me. It llooks similar to the tongue of a bird. Looks herbivore to me. It's ears are also funny, but I don't think it looks like a sloth. Why would a sloth be lurking by the rocks anyway? Nice find, I feel bad for the poor thing though.
Kids! What the hell!!! You dont just go around killing unknown beings.
S+F for the op.

Edit to add, The comparison with the sloth pic- the sloths nose is black and a totaly different type of skin.
Also, not that I'm a perve, but are there any pics that show the creatures genetalia? I would like to know if it is male or female, it either is a prg female or really bloated, or just odly shaped.
This really fascinates me!

[edit on 06/10/2009 by jinx880101]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I think the story about the kids killing it is all part of the "monster" hoax.

The sloth drowned and the hair fell out because it's body was floating in the water for a long time before it washed up wherever it was found.

The same thing happened to the Montauk Monster, which ended up just being a dead raccoon, it had lost all of its hair in the same process as this sloth.

[edit on 17-9-2009 by johnmhinds]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

Very good point. You said my thoughts exactly. And yeah, maybe if they've been observing us, they know what would happen, perhaps already has, and won't risk it. This makes me mad.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

You beat me to it... was just about to start a thread entitled 'Scary looking Gollum Creature appears out of nowhere' damn! That thing must have scared those kids... would have taken me by surprise meself if it came charging out of nowhere to disturb my peace... damn!

www.thesun.co.uk...

It's ptobably just some skinned animal though or an animal which couldn't grow normal skin and fur like others...

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Just another thing,
Sloths are normaly only about 2 feet tall, have either 2 or three toes, depending if its nocturnal or diurnal.

Sloths have small teeth and molers to chew their food.

In the given pictures, I cannot see any trace of teeth in the creatures mouth. Does anyone know how tall it is?

Also, anyone notice a belly button?

[edit on 06/10/2009 by jinx880101]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I'm saddened to read they killed it but most likely they skinned it also. It looks bang on like a sloth though.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join